Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero

They know they have lost the discussion a long time ago. But they will engage in the stubbornness of immorality and deny it.

We lost the debate only because Progressives controlled the media and the schools.

Those days are over.

Perfect!

Only because the public has been raised like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed you-know-what, has the truth not been revealed.

Consider an earlier post re: the real villain as far as American democracy, Woodrow Wilson...yet the Left demonizes a man who shined the spotlight on a true threat to America.

Today we call them 'statists,' but Whittaker Chambers wrote in his book WITNESS that liberals are/were incapable of ever effectively fighting Communism because they did not see anything in Communism that was antithetical to their own beliefs. In short, Liberals are Communists and Communists are Liberals.

You're bad at fighting communism therefore you don't see anything wrong with communism?

Holy non sequitor.

Even more stupid is the idea that because liberals in the 50s couldn't fight communism well the liberals of today must be OK with communism

Zero Mostel, for one.

Congrats!

You've earned a seat in the dumb row.

1. Mostel was called before HUAC....don't you think you should read the thread before posting? Too much work? Dumb row.
"The committee's anti-communist investigations are often confused with those of Senator Joseph McCarthy.." (especially by folks in the dumb row).
House Un-American Activities Committee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Filmography for someone who was 'ruined' shouldn't list much work...

Watership Down (1978) (voice) .... Kehaar
"The Electric Company" .... Spell Binder (650 episodes, 1972-1977)
- 130B (1977) TV episode (voice) .... Spell Binder
- 129B (1977) TV episode (voice) .... Spell Binder
- 128B (1977) TV episode (voice) .... Spell Binder
- 127B (1977) TV episode (voice) .... Spell Binder
- 126B (1977) TV episode (voice) .... Spell Binder
(645 more)
The Little Drummer Boy Book II (1976) (TV) (voice) .... Brutus
The Front (1976) .... Hecky Brown
Mastermind (1976) .... Inspector Hoku Ichihara
"The CBS Festival of Lively Arts for Young People" .... Gianni Schicchi (1 episode, 1975)
- Gianni Schicchi (1975) TV episode .... Gianni Schicchi
Journey Into Fear (1975) .... Kopelkin
Fore Play (1975) .... President/Don Pasquale
Once Upon a Scoundrel (1974) .... Carlos del Refugio
Rhinoceros (1974) .... John
... aka "Eugene Ionesco's Rhinoceros" - Australia (DVD box title), USA (poster title)
Marco (1973) .... Kublai Khan
Saga of Sonora (1973) (TV) .... Heavy Harry
Old Faithful (1973) (TV) .... Ranger Zeppel
The Hot Rock (1972) .... Abe Greenberg
The Angel Levine (1970) .... Morris Mishkin

The Great Bank Robbery (1969) .... Rev. Pious Blue
Great Catherine (1968) .... Potemkin
The Producers (1968) (as Zero) .... Max Bialystock
Ride of the Valkyrie (1967)
Children of the Exodus (1967) .... Narrator
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (1966) .... Pseudolus
"Play of the Week" .... Estragon (2 episodes, 1959-1961)
- Waiting for Godot (1961) TV episode .... Estragon
- World of Sholom Aleichem (1959) TV episode

The World of Sholom Aleichem (1959) (TV)
Zero Mostel (1959) (TV) .... Various Characters
The Model and the Marriage Broker (1951) .... George Wixted
The Guy Who Came Back (1951) .... Boots Mullins
Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell (1951) .... Emmett
... aka "Mr. Belvedere Blows His Whistle" - USA (alternative title)
Sirocco (1951) .... Balukjiaan
The Enforcer (1951) .... Big Babe Lazick
Panic in the Streets (1950) .... Raymond Fitch

"The Ford Theatre Hour" .... Banjo (1 episode, 1949)
- The Man Who Came to Dinner (1949) TV episode .... Banjo
Du Barry Was a Lady (1943) .... Rami - the Swami/Taliostra

Zero Mostel

Welcome to the dumb row.

3. If this is ruined, and the best you can do, I declare my side the clear winner.

BTW, bettter draw a map so you can find your seat in the dumb row...

Show me all of his work between 1951 and 1959, dope. That's when he was blacklisted.

With growing popularity and many excellent reviews, Mostel’s career nonetheless came to a complete halt during the 1950s. Seeing many of his show business friends blacklisted and forced to name names of supposed Communists, it came as no surprise to him that he was named, too. On January 29, 1952, Martin Berkeley identified him to the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC) as having been a member of the Communist party (Berkeley had named 160 people in all—more than any other witness). This was enough to stifle Mostel's career even before he was subpoenaed to appear before HUAC, which happened on August 14, 1955.

He lost 8 years of work at a time when he was very popular. By the 1960s and 1970s, America had realized what a fool McCarthy was, and he was able to work again.

It's way too easy to show you for the fool that you are.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Show me that he was on food stamps.

You don't know how he was doing, do you?
Doesn't seem to have missed any meals.

And you've stopped claiming that Senator McCarthy had anything to do with Mr. Mostel, haven't you...so, who's the dope?

Back to the dumb row.

How's this:
"Claiming to have been “blacklisted” is Hollywood’s version of coming over on the Mayflower."
Ann Coulter.

Heck, all he wanted to do was hide any affiliation with an organized crime 'family' that killed one hundred million human beings...
a mere bag o' shells.

With the list of credits that I provided, it's kind of tough for you to claim that he was 'ruined,' huh?

So, let's see how you're doing: battin' zero (mostel).

Congrats!

1. Mostel was called before HUAC....don't you think you should read the thread before posting? Too much work? Dumb row.
"The committee's anti-communist investigations are often confused with those of Senator Joseph McCarthy.." (especially by folks in the dumb row).

(645 more)
"The CBS Festival of Lively Arts for Young People" .... Gianni Schicchi (1 episode, 1975)
... aka "Eugene Ionesco's Rhinoceros" - Australia (DVD box title), USA (poster title)

Zero Mostel

Welcome to the dumb row.

3. If this is ruined, and the best you can do, I declare my side the clear winner.

Show me all of his work between 1951 and 1959, dope. That's when he was blacklisted.

With growing popularity and many excellent reviews, Mostel’s career nonetheless came to a complete halt during the 1950s. Seeing many of his show business friends blacklisted and forced to name names of supposed Communists, it came as no surprise to him that he was named, too. On January 29, 1952, Martin Berkeley identified him to the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC) as having been a member of the Communist party (Berkeley had named 160 people in all—more than any other witness). This was enough to stifle Mostel's career even before he was subpoenaed to appear before HUAC, which happened on August 14, 1955.

He lost 8 years of work at a time when he was very popular. By the 1960s and 1970s, America had realized what a fool McCarthy was, and he was able to work again.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

And you've stopped claiming that Senator McCarthy had anything to do with Mr. Mostel, haven't you...so, who's the dope?

Back to the dumb row.

How's this:
"Claiming to have been “blacklisted” is Hollywood’s version of coming over on the Mayflower."
Ann Coulter.

Heck, all he wanted to do was hide any affiliation with an organized crime 'family' that killed one hundred million human beings...
a mere bag o' shells.

With the list of credits that I provided, it's kind of tough for you to claim that he was 'ruined,' huh?

Is that where you are putting down the goalposts, dope?

You say he wasn't blacklisted, I prove he was from 1951-1959, so you claim that he didn't physically starve during those years?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Aren't you tired of me kicking your ass?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Back to the dumb row.

How's this:
Ann Coulter.

a mere bag o' shells.

You say he wasn't blacklisted, I prove he was from 1951-1959, so you claim that he didn't physically starve during those years?

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

I must have missed where Zero Mostel was at US State Dept

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Back to the dumb row.

How's this:
Ann Coulter.

a mere bag o' shells.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Let's review, for folks with attention deficit, you know, like you.

1. The thread is called "Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero"

2. The debate grew to include a defense against the smear that the Senator 'ruined thousands of lives..."
It is a long thread, but you have no right to have it re-played for you: go back and read it.

3. I 'claimed' that there were not innocent folks ruined by Senator McCarthy. You claimed that Zero Mostel was such an individual.
Clearly you exemplified the old axiom: "never test how deep the water is with both feet."

Every one of your posts has been rebutted, shredded, dissolved.
Clearly, you were over your head.

On the bright side, you stuck to the argument...weren't 'hit and run,' as I have often found you to be.

4. The thrust of the thread, from my perspective, was easily defended by demanding, as one does in philosophy, that you produce a sample of the 'ruined (innocent) folks' so claimed.
None have been able to do so...including you.

5. Now, if you wish to claim that adding 'innocent' to the discussion is some sort of goalpost-moving, you have a tough row to hoe...It is to be assumed that guilty folks should be 'ruined' at the very least, and they are the ones under discussion.

So, Zero Mosel is not anappropriate example because a) he was called by HUAC, not McCarty, b) he may well have been guilty, but refused to do other than take the fifth, nor did he suffer as a result: no jail, or fine, c) any blacklisting was industrial, not governmental, d) he may have found a difficult time in one industry, but clearly he made a living elsewhere.

This was not true for the victims of the communists that he supported: those victims were maimed, murdered, mutilated. And communist supporters were ready to offer up American citizens to the same fate...
Doesn't seem quite fair, does it?

Senator McCarthy's role was in identifying security risks working for the government; nor did he have the power to hire or fire, merely to identify.

Now, as for the absurd "Aren't you tired of me kicking your ass," based on our back and forth, you appear some thouroughly defeated wretch hoping for some saving of face.

You've offered some unintelligible word salad, howling obscure vexations about bizarre hyperbolic issues, believing that you sound like they have some thoughtful critique...without ever having a decisive point.

Now, do a better job, or wander off into the sunset.

Last edited:
And, of course, there is no evidence of that, homosexuality, as well.

Liberals simply use the charge to bash those who they don't agree with.
From columnist Ann Coulter:

"Liberals claim to love gays, but their default comeback to a conservative they disagree with is to call him gay…

We need to get a rule book from the Democrats [on gays]:
a. Boy Scouts: As gay as you want to be
b. Priests: No gays!
c. Democratic politicians: Proud gay Americans.
d. Republican politicians: Presumed guilty.
e. White House press corps: No gays, unless they hate Bush.
f. Active-duty U.S. military: As gay as possible.
g. Men who date Liza Minnelli: Do I have to draw you a picture, Miss Thing?"

I think letter d covers your charge.
There needs to be a Godwin Law for Ann Coulter: "anyone who needs to quote Ann Coulter to bolster their argument has already lost the argument."

Your posts are insipid and tedious.
Speak to the point...

I guess you would if you could.

Go back to your seat in the you-know-which row...

LMAO, I almost spit out my coffee. PC suggesting the posts of another are "insipid and tedious" - does anyone ever read her pompous, predictable prattle?

Political Chic is looking continually more harried and hassled. With good reason. She keeps moving the goal posts and folks keep putting the pigskins through the uprights on her. Every time!

McCarthy was scum, so many were injured by the witch hunts, and America was seriously damaged by him, his ilk, and his very few wacko defenders today.

Political Chic is looking continually more harried and hassled. With good reason. She keeps moving the goal posts and folks keep putting the pigskins through the uprights on her. Every time!

McCarthy was scum, so many were injured by the witch hunts, and America was seriously damaged by him, his ilk, and his very few wacko defenders today.

Names?

There needs to be a Godwin Law for Ann Coulter: "anyone who needs to quote Ann Coulter to bolster their argument has already lost the argument."

Your posts are insipid and tedious.
Speak to the point...

I guess you would if you could.

Go back to your seat in the you-know-which row...

LMAO, I almost spit out my coffee. PC suggesting the posts of another are "insipid and tedious" - does anyone ever read her pompous, predictable prattle?

Jealousy is such a low emotion.

The Columbia Cougarette's goals posts have been scored on every time in this thread.

The game is over, and the Columbia Cougars here have lost 73 to 0.

Back to the practice field, Political Chic Cougar. Which one is you, Political Cougar.

Last edited:
So how are you Progressives making out on the list of lives McCarthy ruined?

Joe McCarthy gets another feather in his wings every time a Progressives lies or insults instead of answering.

Also, has anyone on the Left bothered to Google Solomon Adler even one time? Would it help if I told you this McCarthy identified Soviet asset's code name was "Sax" or "Sachs" in the Venona Cables?

That help any?

So if Frank was a Senator leading an investigative committee naming terrorists and making a list he would not try to do everything he could to "ruin" them.
:cuckoo::cuckoo:
That is your argument Frank. You have made that claimoverand over and over and over and over again. Why? Because chic said it and you are a parroter.
Frank would be running a kindler and gentler investigation just like McCarthy did.
Frank, chic and ceile would have you believe Tail Gunner Joe was running a polite witch hunt and went out of their way not to upset the lives in any way of those they were persecuting.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
Frank, your argument makes no sense and you know it. If you do not know that the witch hunt McCarthy was on at the time had EVERY INTENT to hurt and ruin as badasthey could EVERY person they could then you are either too naive to know any better or just plain stupid.
Give it up. Your argument has lost and I believe you now know it.

Kinder, gentler? I would have demanded the death penalty for Alger Hiss and Dexter White

Again, you have no facts, you're parroting stuff back that the Progressive school marms drilling into your little head years ago and no amount of new information validating McCarthy's central thesis, i.e. State was overrun with Communist spies, will change it.

You're just not an intelligent person

Exactly. Arguing the whole "ruined or not ruined?" thing is like arguing whether Charles Manson's life has been "ruined" by keeping him in prison all these years. Who cares?! The arguable word in the phrase "ruined innocent lives" isn't "ruined", it's "innocent". If you're spying on your country for a foreign power, or trying to influence your country's policies to favor a foreign power, you DESERVE to have your life ruined as far as I'm concerned.

So everyone can just spare me the list of "people whose lives were ruined" and start providing lists of "INNOCENT people" Senator McCarthy accused and/or investigated, ruined or otherwise.

Ya..ya..and Hitler was just a miss understood socialist! Give it up Frankie. The only group that thought McCarthy was a hero was the John Birch Society. Why don't YOU do a little research on what THEY stood for? You may stimulate curiosity with those that were not alive at the time but for myself and any decent republican that stripped that vile demagogue of his podium ... there is no need to apologize. Digging up the bones of that rabid dog to examine them for what purpose exactly? Hero? Your agenda in this matter is highly suspect.

My only "Agenda" is the outright rejection and repudiation of all the Progressive lies I've digested these past decades: the "Greatness" of FDR, the "Evil" Of McCarthy, the Civil Rights Pioneering of LBJ, and so on and so on.

Have you looked up Solomon Adler who the Venona Cables confirm was a wholly owned subsidiary of the USSR?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And Adler was British.

Who gives a shit if he was British? He was working for OUR government, and was a wholly-owned operative of the Soviet Union. I don't care if he was originally from MARS.

They keep claiming that McCarthy had no intent to ruin the very people he was labeling as communist spies during the Red Scare.

Name the 'ruined people,' simpleton.
Zero Mostel, for one.

Is there any chance that the two lone brain cells huddling together for warmth in the vast, echoing emptiness of your head could POSSIBLY latch onto the difference between SENATOR McCarthy and the HOUSE Un-American Activities Committee? Perhaps on the SECOND hundred times we repeat it, since the first hundred have passed you by without making an impression.

He was gay but not a tranvestite.
That is just an urban legend.
Just like Obama is Muslim and Tail Gunner Joe McCarthy was a hero.

"Liberals claim to love gays, but their default comeback to a conservative they disagree with is to call him gay…

You can make up rules to govern our arguments just as soon as you produce an argument of your own other than "You're so stupid!"

Still waiting on you or any of your comrades to produce the name of ANY innocent person investigated by Senator McCarthy. Been waiting for nearly thirty pages now, and the more you say, "There were innocent people ruined!" without naming any, the more obvious it becomes that you're a lying sack of steaming dog feces, complete with swarming flies.

Zero Mostel, for one.

Congrats!

(645 more)

Zero Mostel

Welcome to the dumb row.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

YOU are showing someone for a fool?! YOU?! The person sitting there, continuing to blather about Mostel and McCarthy as though the two of them had anything to do with each other?! YOU want to call someone ELSE a fool?! :anj_stfu:

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. And Adler was British.

If that's your only contribution you should stick with finding your nuts.

Try this one: Harold Glasser (Venona name: Ruble)
Try another one? Is that how it works? You say something stupid, I show how stupid it is, so you want another try?

Sorry - fringers get one chance to show they are not unAmerican, bat-shit crazy traitor-lovers.

You failed.

Oh, yeah. "Okay, you were right about one. But he was only working for the American government, not an American!" is a BIG win for you, shitforbrains. You really showed him with your wily admission that he was correct. :lol:

You can make up rules to govern our arguments just as soon as you produce an argument of your own other than "You're so stupid!"

Still waiting on you or any of your comrades to produce the name of ANY innocent person investigated by Senator McCarthy. Been waiting for nearly thirty pages now, and the more you say, "There were innocent people ruined!" without naming any, the more obvious it becomes that you're a lying sack of steaming dog feces, complete with swarming flies.

How about you show us how they broke the law? Do you feel having a political opinion, and belonging to a political party is breaking the law? How about Annie Moss? The FBI released her file, the only thing she did was go to a few meeting and buy a magazine. She was never proven to be a spy, she didn't break any laws. Do you think the government should be able to fire you because of the political beliefs you hold?

If they were never proven to be a spy they were innocent, it is not a crime to be a communist.

Forum List

Back