Sen Joe McCarthy: American Patriot and Hero

Nope, I don't have to do the work. The conclusion has been made some time ago what Senator McCarthy was as a person and as a people's representative. He was despicable. The topic does not deserve discussion.

That's the best ya got; call 'em names and flee to authority.

It's all they ever had, really.

And now that they don't control the terms of the debate, they're totally fucked.

Nope, I don't have to do the work. The conclusion has been made some time ago what Senator McCarthy was as a person and as a people's representative. He was despicable. The topic does not deserve discussion.

I'll quote from their Bible: wikipedia

Venona project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"With the first break into the code, Venona revealed the existence of Soviet espionage[15] at Los Alamos National Laboratories.[16] Identities soon emerged of American, Canadian, Australian and British spies in service to the Soviet government, including Klaus Fuchs, Alan Nunn May and Donald Maclean, a member of the Cambridge Five spy ring. Others worked in Washington in the State Department, The Treasury, Office of Strategic Services,[17] and even the White House...

The decrypts show that the US and other nations were targeted in major espionage campaigns by the Soviet Union as early as 1942. Among those identified are Julius and Ethel Rosenberg; Alger Hiss; Harry Dexter White,[18] the second-highest official in the Treasury Department; Lauchlin Currie,[19] a personal aide to Franklin Roosevelt; and Maurice Halperin,[20] a section head in the Office of Strategic Services."

Last edited:
Not at all. When the authoritative conclusion has already been determined, and the continued attempts to discredit are always (like this issue) easily defeated, then, no, there is no reason to discuss it again. That would give the silly side "reasonableness" that it does not deserve.

I'll quote from their Bible: wikipedia

Venona project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"With the first break into the code, Venona revealed the existence of Soviet espionage[15] at Los Alamos National Laboratories.[16] Identities soon emerged of American, Canadian, Australian and British spies in service to the Soviet government, including Klaus Fuchs, Alan Nunn May and Donald Maclean, a member of the Cambridge Five spy ring. Others worked in Washington in the State Department, The Treasury, Office of Strategic Services,[17] and even the White House...

The decrypts show that the US and other nations were targeted in major espionage campaigns by the Soviet Union as early as 1942. Among those identified are Julius and Ethel Rosenberg; Alger Hiss; Harry Dexter White,[18] the second-highest official in the Treasury Department; Lauchlin Currie,[19] a personal aide to Franklin Roosevelt; and Maurice Halperin,[20] a section head in the Office of Strategic Services."

How many of these spies were on McCarthys "list"??

McCarthy took a potential threat and turned it into a political weapon to attack his enemies. How many spies were actually convicted off of the McCarthy witchunts vs how many innocent lives were destroyed?

Unfortunately Joe McCarthy's history has been allowed to be written by the Communists in our MSM. Look at who controls the propaganda coming from Hollywood and most of our MSM. There you will find all your answers. Obviously these Communists do not approach his history in a balanced fashion. Gee i wonder why? Take a balanced approach towards his life and you will quickly see that he was a Patriot but maybe not so much a Hero.

Unfortunately Joe McCarthy's history has been allowed to be written by the Communists in our MSM. Look at who controls the propaganda coming from Hollywood and most of our MSM. There you will find all your answers. Obviously these Communists do not approach his history in a balanced fashion. Gee i wonder why? Take a balanced approach towards his life and you will quickly see that he was a Patriot but maybe not so much a Hero.

You are a hack and an idiot. I know several people in the "Hollywood" scene and believe this... They are way too busy and interested in making movies and dollars to waste a moment being communists. You are sooooo fucking stupid ... it just defies all reason.

WHAT A HACK MORON!!!!!!

I'm late to The Party, so forgive me if this has been dealt with, but...to whom was McCarthy useful as an idiot?

Regarding CPUSA - the fact that they were made to look inept by McCarthy in DC and by Reagan in Hollywood does not mean they were harmless.

McCarthy early on served a role very similar to the role that Right Wing Radio serves in the GOP today. McCarthy could make bombastic claims about the Democrats, which the Republicans in more moderate districts facing tough elections could deny or disavow, but subtly use to get a leg up. McCarthy was a popular campaigner in the 1950 elections.

McCarthy became a problem with Eisenhower, which is incredibly ironic as Ike was deeply involved with and actively working on plots all over the world to overthrow Communist regimes. You'd be hard pressed to find a US President that took Communism as a more serious threat than Eisenhower. McCarthy would refer to Eisenhower as committing treason in his first year in office. Ike himself hated the guy. By 1953 it was the GOP that was leading the charge against him.

So the short story: Useful GOP stooge to dangerous Senator the GOP worked to bring down.

how else would one address revisionism and truly creeping evil?

or do we ignore 'authority' when it doesn't suit revisionist lies?

That is the problem with right-wing revisionism (think Political Chic and other loony reactionary hacks). The hacks will not deal with the real evidence, and (like AH's abominable thesis all topics are open to discussion all the time, no matter how unreasonable the premises are in many cases) absolutely do their damnedest to create an alternate reality with alternate definitions.

These loons cannot be allowed to infect mainstream education.

That is the problem with right-wing revisionism (think Political Chic and other loony reactionary hacks). The hacks will not deal with the real evidence, and (like AH's abominable thesis all topics are open to discussion all the time, no matter how unreasonable the premises are in many cases) absolutely do their damnedest to create an alternate reality with alternate definitions.

i particularly enjoy seeing the pretend constitutionalists suddenly being all for violating someone's freedom to build a place of worship on their own land.

You are attempting to take away onhe of the most useful tools of the wack whitey rightiy Christian fundimentalists. This is thougtless and unkind on your part.:evil:

i particularly enjoy seeing the pretend constitutionalists suddenly being all for violating someone's freedom to build a place of worship on their own land.

I agree with the majorities on two polls. One, I don't want a mosque built there. Two, I believe the Muslims have a legal, if not ethical, right to do it.

Show me the lies.

Show me the lies.

CHRIISSSAAAKES!!! Frankie!!! Where do you get this shit? National security issues are well in hand by the efforts of the FBI, NSA and the CIA..not to mention the embarrassing investment in "Homeland" security. Correlating with McCarthy is ridiculous.

I know you are smarter than that ...so what gives?

Show me the lies.

CHRIISSSAAAKES!!! Frankie!!! Where do you get this shit? National security issues are well in hand by the efforts of the FBI, NSA and the CIA..not to mention the embarrassing investment in "Homeland" security. Correlating with McCarthy is ridiculous.

I'm not sure you're getting this.

McCarthy claimed that the US government was being subverted by Communists and the Progressives went on a Jihad against him as a result.

With the collapse of the USSR and the release of the Venona Cables, it turns out McCarthy vastly understated the problem

Various items from McCarthy's CV.

I had time to dig back into "Blacklisted by History" and they gave some background info on the man the Progressives claimed was an ignorant ogre.

He grew up in rural Wisconsin as a working farmer. He got wrapped up helping his family and didn't get to High School until he was 20, he completed 4 years of high school in 9 months. He went to Marquette University and put himself through law school. In 1939 he became the youngest state judge in the history of WI. He was hard working and cleared the backlog of case from 250 down to zero. He often sided with teh women and children in divorse cases and with the "little guy" against large corporate interests.

When WWII came around he was 33 and exempt from the draft, instead he joined the Marines, where he served his country honorably.

Show me the lies.

I'm not sure you're getting this.

McCarthy claimed that the US government was being subverted by Communists and the Progressives went on a Jihad against him as a result.

With the collapse of the USSR and the release of the Venona Cables, it turns out McCarthy vastly understated the problem

"Liberals titter about conservatives imagining Communists under every bed, while they hysterically claim to see racists under every bed. If, in addition to murdering tens of millions of people, Stalin has maintained “Whites Only” water fountains, America would now celebrate a national Joe McCarty Day."
Ann Coulter

Forum List

Back