Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

If we don't make English our official language, our country is lost.....

If English was the official language, wages will increase, more jobs will be created and crime will go down....

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

A common language is one of the things that unites us

We've never had an official language, and we have remained united. We don't need an official language, and we will never have one. Nevertheless, English is and will remain the dominant language of this country.
English should be the only language in government

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

Agreed

We've never had an official language, and we have remained united. We don't need an official language, and we will never have one. Nevertheless, English is and will remain the dominant language of this country.

What do you mean by "in government"? That could mean a lot of things.

Klobuchar just announced she doesn't want to be President
Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
English ISN'T the official language of the United States....why change that?

She is correct.
Just adding ore reasons to kill each other if it ever gets to it. The tower of Babel is an example and many wars also. One language as the major one used by all and other languages by different cultures for their own pleasure and with those who can speak the same..
The tower of babel is a myth....to EXPLAIN why there are so many languages.

Agreed

I mean no bilingual ballots or Army training manuals or proficiency tests written in spanish

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

NO ONE who has any language other than ENGLISH as their primary language should be working with explosives in the US Military.
She should go the fuck home.

Agreed

I mean no bilingual ballots or Army training manuals or proficiency tests written in spanish

You don’t want to be sure that all voters understand exactly what they are voting for? Why?

Agreed

You don’t want to be sure that all voters understand exactly what they are voting for? Why?
Of the thousands of family members I know in Boston urban Boston how come none of them speak any other language except for English if you think we’ve been doing this for years?

Agreed

If they don't understand English, how are they qualified to vote in the first place?

Forum List

Back