Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.
Agreed

A common language is one of the things that unites us

Democrats don’t want the country united. That’s why little Amy doesn’t support English as the official language anymore. They want more Spanish and Arabic speakers, because that is “cultured” and that old white European stuff needs to be replaced.

We've never had an official language, and we have remained united. We don't need an official language, and we will never have one. Nevertheless, English is and will remain the dominant language of this country.
English should be the only language in government

What do you mean by "in government"? That could mean a lot of things.
I mean no bilingual ballots or Army training manuals or proficiency tests written in spanish

You don’t want to be sure that all voters understand exactly what they are voting for? Why?

If they don't understand English, how are they qualified to vote in the first place?
They arent

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

NO ONE who has any language other than ENGLISH as their primary language should be working with explosives in the US Military.
She should go the fuck home.

Your opinion is noted. And dismissed as being stupid.

Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

NO ONE who has any language other than ENGLISH as their primary language should be working with explosives in the US Military.

In what way?

Lie.

In what way?

Give it some thought. I’m sure it will be your first time doing so. Careful not to hurt yourself

Lie.

In what way?

Give it some thought. I’m sure it will be your first time doing so. Careful not to hurt yourself

So you dont know.

We've never had an official language, and we have remained united. We don't need an official language, and we will never have one. Nevertheless, English is and will remain the dominant language of this country.

I mean no bilingual ballots or Army training manuals or proficiency tests written in spanish

You don’t want to be sure that all voters understand exactly what they are voting for? Why?

If they don't understand English, how are they qualified to vote in the first place?

“Understand” is a matter of degree.

I am all for English being the official language of the US and the sole language for all government offices.

A constitutional amendment about it is rather silly and a waste of time.

It's already the international language of aviation.

If they need spanish ballots their understanding is questionable

Klobuchar just announced she doesn't want to be President
Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
Wow, can you be any more dishonest in this OP?! Try winning an argument on the facts within having to spin and distort. What you are presenting here is so weak

If they need spanish [sic] ballots their understanding is questionable

So you don't want voters to understand?

Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
Klobuchar is pandering to the Racist Latino Nationalist who want to change America into a Latino country

Wow, can you be any more dishonest in this OP?! Try winning an argument on the facts within having to spin and distort. What you are presenting here is so weak
English as the Official Language of the United State
Amy Klobuchar was for it until She was against it.
How is this dishonest? not presenting an argument,
not trying to spin or distort. Just presenting fact.
Now what do you find offensive?

Forum List

Back