Sen. Klobuchar says English should not be US national language

Klobuchar just announced she doesn't want to be President
Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
Wow, can you be any more dishonest in this OP?! Try winning an argument on the facts within having to spin and distort. What you are presenting here is so weak
English as the Official Language of the United State
Amy Klobuchar was for it until She was against it.
How is this dishonest? not presenting an argument,
not trying to spin or distort. Just presenting fact.
Now what do you find offensive?
My bad, I responded without reading up on the issue and before I had my coffee... I’m always crabby before my morning coffee. :)

Nothing unites a nation like a common language. What is she afraid of?
Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.

Being able to read and write English is a requirement for enlistment in the US Army.

Lie.

A friend of mine went into the Army and some of the manuals were Spanish/English. She worked with explosives sometimes. Since Spanish was her first language, that helped her do her job. Having multi lingual manuals, ballots, forms etc excludes nobody and allows all who want to engage in the processes that do truly unite us.
That means her entire chain of command must be fluent in HER language to prevent possible miscommunication that could have deadly consequences

Uh, no it doesn’t.

If he doesn't read English, she is useless as teats on a boar hog. Your story is a lie.

Lie.

That means her entire chain of command must be fluent in HER language to prevent possible miscommunication that could have deadly consequences

Uh, no it doesn’t.
I think it does

the chances for miscommunication are endless when a spanish speaker is involved

the command was

“Wait to detonate the explosive till when the convoy passes“

But Sgt Jones he dont savvy spanish lingo so good and he tells her

“Espere a detonar el explosivo hasta cuando pase el convoy”

and Americans die

This just in, people can be multi-lingual.

That's fine as long as one of them is English. You are apparently multilingual also! Your ability to speak dumbass is superior to most libs!

Uh, no it doesn’t.
I think it does

the chances for miscommunication are endless when a spanish speaker is involved

the command was

“Wait to detonate the explosive till when the convoy passes“

But Sgt Jones he dont savvy spanish lingo so good and he tells her

“Espere a detonar el explosivo hasta cuando pase el convoy”

and Americans die

This just in, people can be multi-lingual.
Unless they are spanish and struggle a bit with English as you just admitted she was

she should have remained a private till she became fluent in English or was transferred the EO branch

Lol...

No. She was just more comfortable with Spanish. As were some of her fellow soldiers.

Your story is a lie.

If you moved to Russia and expected everybody to speak English to accommodate you, you would rightly be scorned.

But if someone comes here (probably illegally) speaking only Spanish, Leftists think we have an obligation to accommodate them.

What's wrong with this picture?

What’s wrong with your picture? You want to model our society after Russia.
If you moved to Russia and expected everybody to speak English to accommodate you, you would rightly be scorned.

But if someone comes here (probably illegally) speaking only Spanish, Leftists think we have an obligation to accommodate them.

What's wrong with this picture?
\
Come on Candy
Answer his question

I did

You need to go back to school and learn English. This is about the third thread in a row I have viewed that shows you have yet to master reading English!

Sen. Amy Klobuchar has reversed her position on English being the official language of the U.S. The Minnesota Democrat and Democratic presidential hopeful announced that she now holds a “strong position against” the English-language amendment which she voted in favor of back in 2007. (Tweet) “I think that when you look at a state like this state, and a country like ours that is so diverse, you don’t want to have that provision in law because then it would be very difficult to have, say, government documents and other things translated into other languages,” she said at a campaign event in Las Vegas on Friday, according to The Associated Press.

Lucianne.com News Forum - Sen. Klobuchar says English should not<br>be US national language; reverses<br>2007 stand
Of course, she is correct

We have never had an official language

Lie.

NO ONE who has any language other than ENGLISH as their primary language should be working with explosives in the US Military.
She should go the fuck home.

Your opinion is noted. And dismissed as being stupid.

If you think it is stupid, it is because YOU are the dumbass, not anyone else.

I have to admire your dedication and skill to always being wrong. I don't recall a post you have made that wasn't stupid or trolling.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
Notice, it does not exclude any tongue.
This is for those donkeys here who have an incapacity to speak except to propose changing the First Amendment to the Constitution.

Well....she's toast

The US has gone close to 250 years without an official language

Why do we need one now?

Well....she's toast
In Spanish, that would be tostado

Conservatives think that if they make English the official language that the lady in line behind them in the supermarket will not be allowed to speak Spanish

Forum List

Back