Senate GOP Brushes Off Long-Shot Attempt To Fight Biden Win

"Nobody likes to lose but we have to respect the judgment of the American people, the voters, so I don't support, I don't endorse, I don't really like just making a show just to make a show," Cornyn said.

Asked if he saw the eleventh-hour attempt to overturn the results of the election going anywhere, Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.), who has linked himself closely to Trump, replied, "I do not."

This needs to stop

GOP Sen. John Cornyn (Texas) said the January meeting of Congress is "really a formality" after the Electoral College votes in mid-December, a date many Republicans have pointed to as when they will formally acknowledge Biden's victory.

————————

Cornyn is a typical GOP swamp rat

he was just reelected to the senate and will not give a damn about trump voters for six years when he needs them to get reelected

The refusal of these people to speak up is a national disgrace. McConnell, most of all.
By “speak up” can we assume you mean turn on trump voters and accept democrat voter fraud?
Yes. Like Barr and those Trump-appointed judges who disagree with your little fantasy.

COMMIES I SAY

THEY'RE COMMIES I TELL YOU

GOP Sen. John Cornyn (Texas) said the January meeting of Congress is "really a formality" after the Electoral College votes in mid-December, a date many Republicans have pointed to as when they will formally acknowledge Biden's victory.

————————

he was just reelected to the senate and will not give a damn about trump voters for six years when he needs them to get reelected
At this rate you're gonna have to dump virtually all your Republican lawmakers.

Fine by me. They've done nothing but obstruct everything and appoint incompetent corporatist judges for years now.

Maybe the silver lining here is that the GOP will burn itself out

I'm surprised. The senate won't go along with mo brooks and challenge Biden's presidential win.

Good for the republicans. They found their spines.

With ZERO EVIDENCE, i.e., AIN'T NONE, NADA, ZERO, FORGET ABOUT IT, Trump and his cult have apparently decided they ain't gonna get anywhere with courts that require EVIDENCE. So now they are going after governors, Secretaries of State and legislators in an effort to STEAL THE ELECTION from President Elect Biden and Vice President Elect Harris. Ain't gonna happen. I hope, though it's very unlikely, that Trump gets his tantrum to the SCOTUS, so that he can suffer another epic, embarrassing, humbling defeat. Bigly!!!

————————

Fine by me. They've done nothing but obstruct everything and appoint incompetent corporatist judges for years now.

Trump World is getting more and more compressed, as they weed out the commies (people who don't buy in 100%).

It's gonna take a while, though.

Yes. Like Barr and those Trump-appointed judges who disagree with your little fantasy.
Its not a little fantasy

I know you are in the toilet for biden now

but even a fallen independent like yourself should be suspicious of the election results that boosted biden over the top

I didnt dump cornyn

he dumped me

right after the election

his political machine in Texas is strong and no viable republican challenged him in the GOP primary

if a viable candidate had run against him cornyn might still have won the nomination

but he would be shocked at how many republican voters cant stand the sight of him

so in the general election the choice was cornyn or an even worse democrat which played to his advantage

Last edited:
My understanding is that the Senate can't do this alone ... they'll need the House to agree ... otherwise, the text of the 12th Amendment kicks in "The President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted;" ...

I'm surprised. The senate won't go along with mo brooks and challenge Biden's presidential win.

Good for the republicans. They found their spines.

"Nobody likes to lose but we have to respect the judgment of the American people, the voters, so I don't support, I don't endorse, I don't really like just making a show just to make a show," Cornyn said.

Mo Brooks is a clown so he likes clown shows! :laugh2:

2mgD8AQ.jpg

Asked if he saw the eleventh-hour attempt to overturn the results of the election going anywhere, Sen. Mike Braun (R-Ind.), who has linked himself closely to Trump, replied, "I do not."

This needs to stop

Yes it does need to stop. Donald Trump is hurting our country, not to mention his party.

The refusal of these people to speak up is a national disgrace. McConnell, most of all.
By “speak up” can we assume you mean turn on trump voters and accept democrat voter fraud?

COMMIES I SAY

THEY'RE COMMIES I TELL YOU
Your words:

The Regressive Left pretends that PC, Identity Politics & Cancel Culture are just figments of our imagination. The Trumpsters pretend that old fashioned, ignorant, paranoid white racism is just a figment of our imagination. Nutters like to play pretend. Or, better put, lie.

if you are going to call trump voters ”old fashioned, ignorant, paranoid, white racists“ why not call your side racists too In equally blunt terms?

the democrat party is chocked full of white and Jew haters

but all you do is make polite references to “the Regressive Left”

————————

yea because democrat lawmakers are just so much better with the shit they throw at you.....

Forum List

Back