🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Senate Republicans seek to preserve NSA power to collect phone data

It is typical and yet many Americans think the two political parties are different.

It gets worse:

One of the most glaring myths propagated by Washington — especially the two parties’ media loyalists — is that bipartisanship is basically impossible, that the two parties agree on so little, that they are constantly at each other’s throats over everything. As is so often the case for Washington partisan propaganda, the reality is exactly the opposite: from trade deals to Wall Street bailouts to a massive National Security and Penal State, the two parties are in full agreement on the bulk of the most significant D.C. policies (which is why the leading candidates of the two parties (from America’s two ruling royal families) will have the same funding base). But because policies that command the agreement of the two parties’ establishments are largely ignored by the D.C. press in favor of the issues where they have some disagreements, the illusion is created that they agree on nothing.

To illustrate how true this all is, consider the comments today of leading GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush. He appeared on Michael Medved’s conservative talk radio program, and was asked by the host what his favorite part of the Obama administration has been. His answer? As McClatchy’s Lesley Clark noted on Twitter, Bush hailed “Obama’s enhancement of NSA.” The audio was first posted by Ian Hanchett and is embedded below; here is the full transcript of the exchange:
Greenwald - The Intercept

It is already too late. The government already knows everything, from your favorite color to how many times you go to the toilet a day. This is about making sure that they get to know everything about your kids kids kids.

and much worse...isn't big unlimited government grand...:confused:

In reality, widespread spying by the U.S. government on Americans began before 9/11 (confirmed here,here, here, here, here, here, here and here). And the government tapped the 9/11 hijackers’ phones, andheard the 9/11 hijackers’ plans from their own mouths.

Why didn’t this stop the terror attacks?

Top security experts agree that mass surveillance is actually ineffective … and actually makes us morevulnerable to terrorism, because it distracts people and resources from tried-and-trued counter-terrorism efforts which are effective and actually work.

For example, the former head of global intelligence for the NSA – Bill Binney – says that the mass surveillance INTERFERES with the government’s ability to catch bad guys, and that the government failed to stop the Boston Bombing because it was overwhelmed with data from mass surveillance on Americans. And see this.

Binney says government officials and contractors actually don’t want to solve the terrorism problem … Because once they solve it, they don’t have the “problem” to use as a basic justification to get more money (note … the video clips below are very brief clips which are well worth watching):

CORRUPTION Is What s Making Us Vulnerable to Terrorism Washington s Blog

Republicans tried to secretly re-up the NSA's spy powers late at night when no one was looking I guess this is more of that "small government" conservatives are so fond of bringing to you.

Senate Republicans seek to preserve NSA power to collect phone data - Sun Sentinel
I thought that they were the champions of Liberty and "keeping government out of the way!"? :lol:
No. They are very much like your beloved Ds....big government welfare/warfare progressives. If you agree, then why do you hate them so much?

Republicans tried to secretly re-up the NSA's spy powers late at night when no one was looking I guess this is more of that "small government" conservatives are so fond of bringing to you.

Senate Republicans seek to preserve NSA power to collect phone data - Sun Sentinel
I thought that they were the champions of Liberty and "keeping government out of the way!"? :lol:
No. They are very much like your beloved Ds....big government welfare/warfare progressives. If you agree, then why do you hate them so much?
LOL, "beloved Ds". I disagree with them as much as I do republicans on certain issues. Those issues are pretty much foreign policy and our Civil Liberties.

LOL, "beloved Ds". I disagree with them as much as I do republicans on certain issues. Those issues are pretty much foreign policy and our Civil Liberties.
Glad to hear it. I did not know your political persuasion.

I think we agree with each other.

The Rs and Ds are very much alike.

Glad to hear it. I did not know your political persuasion.

I think we agree with each other.

The Rs and Ds are very much alike.
I also think that it's a bunch of B.S. that the Presidential debates (amongst others) are only limited to the "big two" parties. I think that our elections wold be a lot more interesting if the likes of Gary Johnson and maybe candidates from a couple of other parties were included in the debates.
I understand that other parties may not be able to be able to match the D's & R's in funding and exposure on television, so including them in debates would be somewhat of a good equalizer.

It is typical and yet many Americans think the two political parties are different.

It gets worse:

One of the most glaring myths propagated by Washington — especially the two parties’ media loyalists — is that bipartisanship is basically impossible, that the two parties agree on so little, that they are constantly at each other’s throats over everything. As is so often the case for Washington partisan propaganda, the reality is exactly the opposite: from trade deals to Wall Street bailouts to a massive National Security and Penal State, the two parties are in full agreement on the bulk of the most significant D.C. policies (which is why the leading candidates of the two parties (from America’s two ruling royal families) will have the same funding base). But because policies that command the agreement of the two parties’ establishments are largely ignored by the D.C. press in favor of the issues where they have some disagreements, the illusion is created that they agree on nothing.

To illustrate how true this all is, consider the comments today of leading GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush. He appeared on Michael Medved’s conservative talk radio program, and was asked by the host what his favorite part of the Obama administration has been. His answer? As McClatchy’s Lesley Clark noted on Twitter, Bush hailed “Obama’s enhancement of NSA.” The audio was first posted by Ian Hanchett and is embedded below; here is the full transcript of the exchange:
Greenwald - The Intercept
It is typical of fools like you who actually think candidates actually care about this myth shit. It's about winning an election. When fools like you get obsessed with parties and if they are similar or different and how -- you are spinning your wheels and as clueless as ever and no threat to their campaigns.

keep banging your head against the wall and imagining your headaches are messages from the people waiting for you to enlighten them

It is already too late. The government already knows everything, from your favorite color to how many times you go to the toilet a day. This is about making sure that they get to know everything about your kids kids kids.
The-idiot-known-as hipeter924

Google and Facebook know more

Brave New World NOT 1984
The useful idiot known as Dante, bringing in the Brave New World.

Edit: Brave New World and 1984 are both surveillance societies run by government or government aligned groups, not companies like Facebook or Google. It is state surveillance and control (benign or cynical) that destroys humanity in both.

Edit: Brave New World and 1984 are both surveillance societies run by government or government aligned groups, not companies like Facebook or Google. It is state surveillance and control (benign or cynical) that destroys humanity in both.

Brave New World.... "I am inclined to think that the scientific dictatorships of the future..."

you have no clue? :rofl:

Aldous Huxley 's Brave New World is about a benevolent dictatorship. He also spoke of a dictatorship of the engineers. Facebook and Google can and will rule society. Getting stuck on stupid on what constitutes the governing power just makes you the perfect slave

Forum List

Back