Senate voting on 9/11 on whether to aid Al-Qaida

Holy fuck is the world nut daily insane, "funding al qaida?" Another perfect example of how stupid those on the far right are,...

Who do you think comprises the "rebel forces"?

"How many different opposition parties exist in Syria? Which party is representing which interests, what goals do they have, and who are the supporting parties?... To what extent are they infiltrated by al-Qaida or not?

The Syrian opposition is highly fragmented and divided between groups based abroad and inside the country. When protests began in March 2011, the first coherent body to emerge was the Syrian National Council, established in Istanbul. Externally, that was backed by Turkey, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and western countries. It included a big Syrian Muslim Brotherhood element as well as liberal and secular figures associated with the Damascus Declaration group. Groups on the ground began to operate under the name of the Free Syrian Army, with different local agenda and backing from different sources, including the Gulf. Nowadays the main political grouping is the Syrian National Coalition, set up in Qatar in 2012, again with Gulf backing. The main legal internal opposition is the Damascus-based National Co-ordination Body, which calls for a negotiated settlement with the Assad regime.

There are now hundreds and perhaps thousands of armed rebel groups. More moderate outfits such as Liwa al-Tawhid answer to the Supreme Military Command, headed by Selim Idriss, a senior army defector. The SMC is used to channel Gulf, especially Saudi, funds and is thought to have received US and British training in Jordan. Islamist groups have become stronger and tend to be better armed and financed than others. Two of the strongest are Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State in Iraq, both of them linked to al-Qaida. JAN insists on a future Syria becoming an Islamic state under sharia law, and has openly pledged its allegiance to the al-Qaida leader Ayman al-Zawahiri. Another important group is Ahrar al-Sham. Sectarianism is also becoming more pronounced, with foreign Arab Shia fighters (including Lebanon's powerful Hezbollah) arriving to fight Sunni extremists. Large numbers of liberal and secular opposition figures have left the country. Important work is still done on the ground by the Local Co-ordination Committees."

Did Syrian rebels have sarin gas? Your questions on the crisis answered | World news | theguardian.com

I guess Al Qaeda and Islamic extremists are no longer a threat to the USA, as some folks and Obama want to help them defeat Assad.

If you are stupid enough to claim that shooting a couple hundred missiles at Syria is helping Al Qaeda, then you also have to admit Bush invading Iraq was a much, much, much much, much bigger help to Al Qaeda.

The faux Right is getting more and more deranged with every passing day.

If you are stupid enough to claim that shooting a couple hundred missiles at Syria is helping Al Qaeda, then you also have to admit Bush invading Iraq was a much, much, much much, much bigger help to Al Qaeda.

I am a Liberal/Progressive and I agree that this planned massive attack on Assad will indeed help Al Qaeda and other extremists.

They say this 3-day attack will do more damage to Assad than 2 years of attacks by the rebels.

I am a Liberal/Progressive and I agree that this planned massive attack on Assad will indeed help Al Qaeda and other extremists.

They say this 3-day attack will do more damage to Assad than 2 years of attacks by the rebels.

So you are drinking the piss that all the rebels are Muslim extremists.

I guess those kids killed by sarin were Al Qaeda, eh?

Again, if you buy this completely flawed bullshit, then you must agree that invading Iraq was an even bigger boon for Al Qaeda. They certainly did benefit. A lot.

But is Al Qaeda in charge of Iraq now?

Nope.

So you see the fucking idiocy behind this argument yet?

Last edited:

Again, if you buy this completely flawed bullshit, then you must agree that invading Iraq was an even bigger boon for Al Qaeda. They certainly did benefit. A lot.

Nope.

before the Iraq War, the only Al Qaeda and Muslim extremists in Iraq were in Kurdish territory and were the enemies of Saddam.

now, there are tens of thousands of extremists in Iraq.

at least 20% or more of the rebels in Syria are foreign extremist fighters. they are some of the most organized and successful rebel groups.

and yes, attacking Assad will HELP them.

Nope.

before the Iraq War, the only Al Qaeda and Muslim extremists in Iraq were in Kurdish territory and were the enemies of Saddam.

now, there are tens of thousands of extremists in Iraq.

at least 20% or more of the rebels in Syria are foreign extremist fighters. they are some of the most organized and successful rebel groups.

and yes, attacking Assad will HELP them.

You seem to be twisting your head right up into your ass to avoid admitting Bush aided Al Qaeda while simultaneously trying to say Obama is.

Hypocrisy is painful, isn't it.

You seem to be twisting your head right up into your ass to avoid admitting Bush aided Al Qaeda while simultaneously trying to say Obama is.

Bush had no idea that attacking Iraq would help Al Qaeda.

I hate Bush and voted against him twice, but that doesn't mean Im gonna LIE about him or his intentions.

On the contrary, Obama KNOWS that attacking Assad will greatly assist extremists and Al Qaeda already fighting in Syria.

that's the difference.

:lol::lol:

The loony Left was making the IDENTICAL claims about Bush helping AQ before the invasion as the rabid Right is making about Syria now.

These morons today are equally useful idiots to Russia.

Last edited:

I hate Bush and voted against him twice, but that doesn't mean Im gonna LIE about him or his intentions.

On the contrary, Obama KNOWS that attacking Assad will greatly assist extremists and Al Qaeda already fighting in Syria.

that's the difference.

Nonsense.

This idiocy that a limited military strike will ‘help Al Qaeda’ is a lie contrived by the partisan right and propagated by partisan liars such as the OP.

Nonsense.

This idiocy that a limited military strike will ‘help Al Qaeda’ is a lie contrived by the partisan right and propagated by partisan liars such as the OP.

and yet many on the very partisan right support military action against Syria.

your logic fails you.

A limited military strike should be met with a massive unlimited retaliation. Just to teach that asshole a lesson he will never forget. Make him go back into his Chicago rathole. Then he can say "it wasn't my fault. Republicans made me."

Forum List

Back