Senior Dems’ Private Take on Biden: He’s Too Old: They worry a lot about an 82-year-old nominee, but fear Kamala would lose to Trump if he pulls out

• Banned
key excerpt:

"My favorite, though, was the Democratic lawmaker who recalled speaking to Jill Biden and, hoping to plant a seed about a one-term declaration of victory, told her how her husband should be celebrated for saving democracy. When I asked if I could use any of that on the record, the lawmaker shot back: “absolutely not.”

This is a man that is physically drained and mentally challenged .
I cannot conceive of any scenario where his puppet masters will let him take part .

The Dumbos have a huge current problem with no realistic challenger available .The Stupid One is unworthy of even passing consideration .

And whatever your personal opinion of The Donald , it is a racing certainty that he would win by the proverbial country mile right now, imho .

This is a man that is physically weak and mentally challenged .
I cannot conceive of any scenario where his puppet masters will let him take part .

The Dumbos have a huge problem with no realistic challenger available .The Stupid One is unworthy of even passing consideration .

And whatever your personal opinion of The Donald it is a racing certainty that he would win by the proverbial country mile right now
Biden is not in charge. His handlers are making all the decisions for him.

Kamala would get primaried out; Democrats would never allow her to run. She's just insurance to keep the Clintons from assassinating Joe. Joe might as well run; no one else in that Party's gene pool is qualified either, and just as corrupt. What would be the point for them to change to someone else?

Dick Van Dyke was just on the Masked Singer singing and dancing...at 97 years old... He was in college when Biden was born... Let that sink in. Absolute LEGEND

If the GOP nominates anybody other than Trump, Biden and/or Harris will lose. That is just the cold hard truth. Biden was the anybody but Trump candidate and Trump was the anybody but Hillary one. These days, the electorate is more into stopping the person they hate more than actually supporting the person they are voting for.

Anyway, as much as I hate the guy, unless the dems throw a Hail Mary with a non-establishment out of left field candidate, DeSantis is the President-Elect.

This is a man that is physically drained and mentally challenged .

The Dumbos have a huge current problem with no realistic challenger available .The Stupid One is unworthy of even passing consideration .

And whatever your personal opinion of The Donald , it is a racing certainty that he would win by the proverbial country mile right now, imho .

DJT won 2020 by a mile. They stole 5 states beginning NOV04, adding bogus ballots up to a week later. Kept counting until they had enough. Ended up 11K diff in AZ. Sig verification basically disabled. Tens of thousands names were voted more than once. On & on…….where Cheating was reduced Trump won 65%+++

If the GOP nominates anybody other than Trump, Biden and/or Harris will lose. That is just the cold hard truth. Biden was the anybody but Trump candidate and Trump was the anybody but Hillary one. These days, the electorate is more into stopping the person they hate more than actually supporting the person they are voting for.

Anyway, as much as I hate the guy, unless the dems throw a Hail Mary with a non-establishment out of left field candidate, DeSantis is the President-Elect.

what part of rigged voting in 2020,2022 is going to be stopped in 2024? SMH at such naivety on so many.

Dick Van Dyke was just on the Masked Singer singing and dancing...at 97 years old... He was in college when Biden was born... Let that sink in. Absolute LEGEND

I don't know. I think Diane Feinstein still supports Biden, that is if she can remember who he is and if Biden can remember who she is.

DeSantis and Haley unite to defeat Trump in primary. As bloody as that will be, radical right conservatives stay home in the general but all Republicans + Independents and soccer mines come out for DeSantis-Haley. The swing voters will be tired of inflation, high gas prices, and the excuses that go with them.

The best outcome the rabid Left can hope for is either Trump winning the primary so that the Democrats have something to run against or a Larry Hogan who will be another Mitt Romney middle of the road trying to be liked by Democrats and their press while successfully painting him as a KKK racist and anti-womanizer.

DeSantis and Haley unite to defeat Trump in primary. As bloody as that will be, radical right conservatives stay home in the general but all Republicans + Independents and soccer mines come out for DeSantis-Haley. The swing voters will be tired of inflation, high gas prices, and the excuses that go with them.

The best outcome the rabid Left can hope for is either Trump winning the primary so that the Democrats have something to run against or a Larry Hogan who will be another Mitt Romney middle of the road trying to be liked by Democrats and their press while successfully painting him as a KKK racist and anti-womanizer.

The only wild card here is Newsom. If he announces before Biden, Biden might use that as a reason to step aside amid all the investigations and scandals coming his and Hunter's way. Newsom v. Desantis would be an old time battle of the dollars between the hard left and the hard right.

I don't know why you say they are keeping Biden because Harris would lose -----

If Biden doesn't run Harris would have to be primaried like anyone else: she doesn't automatically succeed to the presidency unless the president becomes disabled or dead. And while she MIGHT try it on, I doubt she'd get far with more plausible competition like Newsom. Harris would become Instant Yesterday, IMO.

They are keeping Biden, IMO, because the party that has a primary is nearly always the party that loses. If the nominee in 2024 is Trump for GOP and the Dems have a primary, the Dems will lose, and they think so, too.

I don't know why you say they are keeping Biden because Harris would lose -----

If Biden doesn't run Harris would have to be primaried like anyone else: she doesn't automatically succeed to the presidency unless the president becomes disabled or dead. And while she MIGHT try it on, I doubt she'd get far with more plausible competition like Newsom. Harris would become Instant Yesterday, IMO.

They are keeping Biden, IMO, because the party that has a primary is nearly always the party that loses. If the nominee in 2024 is Trump for GOP and the Dems have a primary, the Dems will lose, and they think so, too.

That's an interesting take, different from any I've read so far.

That's an interesting take, different from any I've read so far.
Yeah, I read the analysis in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. Intraparty competition is an election killer, because they want a united party electorate, but if everyone has been fighting for and against several candidates all season, the party is no longer united. Many voters whose candidate didn't win (as with the Bernie Bros) just sit out the election. Anyway, they've got the stats on this --- it doesn't happen every time (in 2016 BOTH parties had severely competitive primaries) but it's the way to bet.

Yeah, I read the analysis in an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal. Intraparty competition is an election killer, because they want a united party electorate, but if everyone has been fighting for and against several candidates all season, the party is no longer united. Many voters whose candidate didn't win (as with the Bernie Bros) just sit out the election. Anyway, they've got the stats on this --- it doesn't happen every time (in 2016 BOTH parties had severely competitive primaries) but it's the way to bet.

Missed that one; I usually only buy the weekend edition.

The only wild card here is Newsom. If he announces before Biden, Biden might use that as a reason to step aside amid all the investigations and scandals coming his and Hunter's way. Newsom v. Desantis would be an old time battle of the dollars between the hard left and the hard right.
Agreed. Newsom would be a viable candidate for the Democrats.

Forum List

Back