Separation of Chuch and State, even Jesus said so and Paul Ryan

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Mark 12:17 New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
17 So Jesus said to them, “Repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God.” They were utterly amazed at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paul Ryan kicked the Jesuit Priest out of the House, because he said a prayer to keep the tax cuts fair.

I imagine now they will want some filthy rich evangelical like Kenneth Copeland or Pat Robertson, a prosperity preacher, to take his place.

separation of church and state?

Why do they have someone opening each session in the House and Senate with a prayer?

Shouldn't that be banned?

The GOP, mainly evangelicals love to force their beliefs on others, they love Paul and his words, Obey your masters.

The GOP, mainly evangelicals love to force their beliefs on others, they love Paul and his words, Obey your masters.
what beliefs have they forced on you?

Go to church if you need a preaching. None I shut it off.

Haven't been to church, with the exception of weddings, funerals, and christenings in about 55 years.

Unlike you, I believe in Freedom of Speech and Religion.

Me too. I also believe in civil rights. So now why was that priest let go???

Haven't been to church, with the exception of weddings, funerals, and christenings in about 55 years.

Because Ryan is a petty coward who fears dissent.

So now why was that priest let go???

Good question

No one seems to be able to come up with a concrete reason.

House chaplain forced out by Ryan

Because Ryan is a petty coward who fears dissent.

Dissent?

aren't the chaplains supposed to be bi-partisan?

So now why was that priest let go???

Good question

No one seems to be able to come up with a concrete reason.

House chaplain forced out by Ryan
“Some of the more conservative evangelical Republicans didn't like that the Father had invited a Muslim person to give the opening prayer,” the source said.

I guess the conservative evans don't believe in freedom of religion, do they?

Ryan told the preacher he shouldn't get into politics. Let us pray that the rich evangelical that replaces him avoids taking sides and sticks to forcing Christianity on everyone by praying out loud.

It is always amazing that people don't 'get' the intelligent, penetrating metaphorical, and often ironic, sense to Jesus' words. 'God' would have to be the source of all and everything. All would be due to 'God', and due 'God'. What could a human possess that was not, ultimately, owed to 'God'? A coin with an image on it is still part of what would be 'God's' creation. Jesus side stepped an obvious attempt to trap him with words and instead trapped the trappers.

Ryan told the preacher he shouldn't get into politics. Let us pray that the rich evangelical that replaces him avoids taking sides and sticks to forcing Christianity on everyone by praying out loud.

How did he get into politics, by saying the tax cut should be fair??

Forum List

Back