Serious questions for Trump supporters regarding this impeachment thing

Even so, pro-Trump pundits and lawmakers spread the theory on Twitter and TV over the weekend as evidence of some nefarious plot against Trump. Republican Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio told Jake Tapper on "State of the Union" that whistleblowers no longer need firsthand knowledge because "they changed the form."

Tapper pushed back, fact-checking Jordan. "Experts say it has never been true that you need to have firsthand knowledge to be a whistleblower," Tapper said.

Just keep in mind.....no matter the outcome of this or ANY investigation......there will be another......and another......and another......and another......
And it will NEVER end until they have complete control.

They are not in the mood to compromise.......EVER

Agree. And that is why there needs to be an investigation.
except now the mantra is no crime is needed, just think he's below the standards for the office.

it really does come across as "any port in a storm" and not an honest effort to address "wrongdoing".

I don't agree. An impeachment inquiry isn't necessarily going to benefit the Dems - Pelosi was doing a good job keeping the reins on that and I agreed with it - whether it was Clinton, Bush, Obama, or Trump the calls for impeachment were used more for partisan political purposes than serious crimes (Congress can always choose to censure). I think this one was a bridge to far and NOT starting an inquiry even though it might hurt the Dems would have been a derelection of duty.

Trump was refusing to pass on the whistle blower report which should not have gone to him in the first place and he had no legal right to hold and the contents are seriously concerning imo. The inquiry will allow them to get documents and subpeona witnesses expeditiously and this will hopefully become transparent and settled one way or the other quickly.
and schiff knew of this report a month before it was released. the entire act of WHAT A SURPRISE reeks to me.

if i were under attack 24x7 it would make me do strange things also, i'm sure. but the instant jump to IMPEACH as soon as they went public with it to me came across as pre-meditated and just for show as they knew what they were going to do for a month and had time to plan.

Other presidents have been under attack 24/7: Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama. Clinton went through impeachment for a relatively minor offense and years of non stop ever expanding investigations...so...I just don’t buy that as an excuse.

I have never seen a president excused so much and so regularly.

I DO think impeachment has become a partisan tool in recent years, starting with Clinton, continuing with clamors to impeach Bush, and then Obama. If the Dems had pursued impeachment based on the Mueller report, I would have disagreed and called it a partisan stunt.

I think current case though is potentially far more serious and warrants at least an inquiry and an examination. I think Pelosi realized this as well and that she had no choice but to go down that path. It is potentially that serious.

I say potentially because we don’t know the details, but from what we do know, sweeping it under the rug with a “everyone is attacking Trump unfairly” mentality is a dereliction of duty.

I don't think the Mueller report was a partisan stunt. In this case it looks like he was conspiring with the Ukraine to do the same thing. And his phone call was made the day after Mueller testified. I think he thought he could get away with it again. But I agree with you that sweeping this under the rug and making excuses just can't be done here.

No, I am not saying tbe Mueller report was, it was thorough, non partisan and professional. What I meant was attempting an impeachment based on it would have been partisan, there was plenty of bad behavior on the part of the Trump organization but nothing outright criminal and I don’t think obstruction of justice is enough for impeachment. Censure maybe.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Just keep in mind.....no matter the outcome of this or ANY investigation......there will be another......and another......and another......and another......
And it will NEVER end until they have complete control.

They are not in the mood to compromise.......EVER
Ken Starr
Benghazi
Emails and servers

What were you talking about?

"Piglosi"? Did you ever complete the Third Grade?

/----/ From the side that calls President Trump every name in the book.

The only thing I've called DJT is that he is an asshole. And, there is no room to debate he isn't. As for others, I don't have any control over them.
Schiff is an asshole-that squares the account.

Schiff is a patriot, partisan of course, but he is supporting and defending COTUS, something President Trump has never read, nor has he ever supported during his tenure at President.
You can't call Trump an asshole and not expect a Dem to get it back. And Schiff IS the biggest asshole I can think of.
Trump is an asshole. He's cheated a whole lot of people during his life.

Imagine someone......ANYONE....citing CNN.....for "FACT" checking.....

You can't make this shit up folks.......smh

It isn’t just cnn but if you are entirely dependent on echo chambers for your conspiracy theory pap, you might not have noticed.

Fact check: Were the whistleblower rules changed before Ukraine complaint?

Watchdog, experts debunk Trump claim whistleblower rules changed before complaint

Intel community watchdog appears to push back on Trump allegations of changes to whistleblower rules

Trump is an asshole. He's cheated a whole lot of people during his life.

Poor thing.....
It must be awful being you.
You have dedicated your entire life to being a professional victim.
Your entire life is centered on an assumption that you have been and will always be someone else's fool and footstool.
While other blacks take the bull by the horns and are living large. Not you.

DAMN it sucks being you bro !!

No. Just better informed.

Is that so? Great!

Then by all means, when are you going to start making any posts that back up that claim?
Because honestly, I think you're actually MUCH less informed.

Many Leftists just have this thing, where no matter how dumb they really are, they somehow actually believe themselves to be superior.

Odd.

Trump's supporters often complain that those who are critical of Trump's performance are trying to do an end run around the 2016 election. That Trump's detractors are attempting a coup, the removal of a duly elected President. Ignoring the absurdity of that assertion for the moment, have they ever considered that Trump may be responsible for the multitude of questions regarding his competence?

Is Trump doing exactly what Putin wants him to do? That is a very good question considering the fact that the White House has been shackled during the 33 months Trump has sat in the Oval Office. Despite his party having control of both the House and Senate for the first two years of his Presidency, Trump has accomplished little or nothing. He has moved from controversy and scandal to new controversies and scandals throughout his entire administration.

He is the least popular President in modern American history, his staff has an historical turnover rate and is now filled with sycophants, and there are even questions about his mental stability.

Trump's close ties with Netanyahu while unilaterally proclaiming Jerusalem the capital of Israel has removed the U.S. from Middle East talks because the Arab republics do not trust him. Neither do Great Britain or France because Trump is unpredictable and unreliable. The U.S. has been replaced by Russia.

Trump removed the U.S. from the Paris Accord to which there are 197 signatories.

Because it was signed during the Obama administration, Trump removed the U.S. from the JCPOA which permanently barred Iran from making a nuke. He has been urging the Iranian leaders to agree to talks for a new agreement that permanently bars Iran from making a nuke. In the meantime, Iran has followed Trump's example and is in violation of the JCPOA. Our allies are trying desperately to save the agreement. Trump is threatening our allies' for their intentions.

Trump has removed the U.S. from lucrative trade agreements, TPP, NAFTA, and has not signed one major trade agreement.

Much to Putin's delight, Trump has weakened NATO with his constant jabs at our NATO partners. The recent G-7 conference went nearly as bad as last year's G-7 conference and there was no common statement of cooperation.

Trump has threatened the vibrant American economy. Because of his trade war with China, even he is concerned about a possible recession as consumer confidence is dropping along with the manufacturing index. Trump's harsh tariffs cause inflation, and inflation causes recession. To illustrate all of this, the stock market has been treading water since January 2018. On Jan. 29, 2018, the Dow stood at 26,439. Right now the Dow is at 26,917.A gain of only 478 points in 20 months. It was below Jan. 2018 figure for most of August due to Trump's tweets.

Questions about Trump's mental acuity have surfaced recently. Using a five day old NWS in predicting a hurricane's path Trump declared that Alabama "will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated." Everyone not named Trump knew the hurricane was going to turn north, missing Alabama by hundreds of miles. For a solid week Trump insisted that his faulty weather forecast was accurate.

When that died out Trump said he was totally responsible for inviting the terrorist sponsors of Al Qaeda to a meeting at Camp David five days before the 9/11 anniversary.

One day after Robert Mueller appeared before Congress to provide testimony regarding Russian intervention in our 2016 election on his behalf, Trump called the president of Ukraine to ask him to intervene in our 2020 election on his behalf!

Is Trump doing exactly what Putin wants him to do? Should he be removed from office? The reader can decide.

except now the mantra is no crime is needed, just think he's below the standards for the office.

it really does come across as "any port in a storm" and not an honest effort to address "wrongdoing".

I don't agree. An impeachment inquiry isn't necessarily going to benefit the Dems - Pelosi was doing a good job keeping the reins on that and I agreed with it - whether it was Clinton, Bush, Obama, or Trump the calls for impeachment were used more for partisan political purposes than serious crimes (Congress can always choose to censure). I think this one was a bridge to far and NOT starting an inquiry even though it might hurt the Dems would have been a derelection of duty.

Trump was refusing to pass on the whistle blower report which should not have gone to him in the first place and he had no legal right to hold and the contents are seriously concerning imo. The inquiry will allow them to get documents and subpeona witnesses expeditiously and this will hopefully become transparent and settled one way or the other quickly.
and schiff knew of this report a month before it was released. the entire act of WHAT A SURPRISE reeks to me.

if i were under attack 24x7 it would make me do strange things also, i'm sure. but the instant jump to IMPEACH as soon as they went public with it to me came across as pre-meditated and just for show as they knew what they were going to do for a month and had time to plan.

Other presidents have been under attack 24/7: Clinton, GW Bush, and Obama. Clinton went through impeachment for a relatively minor offense and years of non stop ever expanding investigations...so...I just don’t buy that as an excuse.

I have never seen a president excused so much and so regularly.

I DO think impeachment has become a partisan tool in recent years, starting with Clinton, continuing with clamors to impeach Bush, and then Obama. If the Dems had pursued impeachment based on the Mueller report, I would have disagreed and called it a partisan stunt.

I think current case though is potentially far more serious and warrants at least an inquiry and an examination. I think Pelosi realized this as well and that she had no choice but to go down that path. It is potentially that serious.

I say potentially because we don’t know the details, but from what we do know, sweeping it under the rug with a “everyone is attacking Trump unfairly” mentality is a dereliction of duty.

I don't think the Mueller report was a partisan stunt. In this case it looks like he was conspiring with the Ukraine to do the same thing. And his phone call was made the day after Mueller testified. I think he thought he could get away with it again. But I agree with you that sweeping this under the rug and making excuses just can't be done here.

No, I am not saying tbe Mueller report was, it was thorough, non partisan and professional. What I meant was attempting an impeachment based on it would have been partisan, there was plenty of bad behavior on the part of the Trump organization but nothing outright criminal and I don’t think obstruction of justice is enough for impeachment. Censure maybe.

Actually there was criminal behavior. The thing about the Mueller report is that Mueller was unable to get all the information he needed and in part one he keeps repeating that his conclusions are made with the information he was able to get. He described how Trumps witnesses lied, how they erased information on their electronic devices and the biggest hindrance was his inability to extradite the indicted members of the Russian military to testify. All of these things he says in the report, probably would have changed his conclusion. Obstruction of justice is a crime, so that would be impeachable.

Trump's supporters often complain that those who are critical of Trump's performance are trying to do an end run around the 2016 election. That Trump's detractors are attempting a coup, the removal of a duly elected President. Ignoring the absurdity of that assertion for the moment, have they ever considered that Trump may be responsible for the multitude of questions regarding his competence?

Is Trump doing exactly what Putin wants him to do? That is a very good question considering the fact that the White House has been shackled during the 33 months Trump has sat in the Oval Office. Despite his party having control of both the House and Senate for the first two years of his Presidency, Trump has accomplished little or nothing. He has moved from controversy and scandal to new controversies and scandals throughout his entire administration.

He is the least popular President in modern American history, his staff has an historical turnover rate and is now filled with sycophants, and there are even questions about his mental stability.

Trump's close ties with Netanyahu while unilaterally proclaiming Jerusalem the capital of Israel has removed the U.S. from Middle East talks because the Arab republics do not trust him. Neither do Great Britain or France because Trump is unpredictable and unreliable. The U.S. has been replaced by Russia.

Trump removed the U.S. from the Paris Accord to which there are 197 signatories.

Because it was signed during the Obama administration, Trump removed the U.S. from the JCPOA which permanently barred Iran from making a nuke. He has been urging the Iranian leaders to agree to talks for a new agreement that permanently bars Iran from making a nuke. In the meantime, Iran has followed Trump's example and is in violation of the JCPOA. Our allies are trying desperately to save the agreement. Trump is threatening our allies' for their intentions.

Trump has removed the U.S. from lucrative trade agreements, TPP, NAFTA, and has not signed one major trade agreement.

Much to Putin's delight, Trump has weakened NATO with his constant jabs at our NATO partners. The recent G-7 conference went nearly as bad as last year's G-7 conference and there was no common statement of cooperation.

Trump has threatened the vibrant American economy. Because of his trade war with China, even he is concerned about a possible recession as consumer confidence is dropping along with the manufacturing index. Trump's harsh tariffs cause inflation, and inflation causes recession. To illustrate all of this, the stock market has been treading water since January 2018. On Jan. 29, 2018, the Dow stood at 26,439. Right now the Dow is at 26,917.A gain of only 478 points in 20 months. It was below Jan. 2018 figure for most of August due to Trump's tweets.

Questions about Trump's mental acuity have surfaced recently. Using a five day old NWS in predicting a hurricane's path Trump declared that Alabama "will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated." Everyone not named Trump knew the hurricane was going to turn north, missing Alabama by hundreds of miles. For a solid week Trump insisted that his faulty weather forecast was accurate.

When that died out Trump said he was totally responsible for inviting the terrorist sponsors of Al Qaeda to a meeting at Camp David five days before the 9/11 anniversary.

One day after Robert Mueller appeared before Congress to provide testimony regarding Russian intervention in our 2016 election on his behalf, Trump called the president of Ukraine to ask him to intervene in our 2020 election on his behalf!

Is Trump doing exactly what Putin wants him to do? Should he be removed from office? The reader can decide.

This is an excellent summation of the Trump presidency.

Let me say this Coyote...

Personally, I think there's two sides in America now...Them....and US....yes you and I (and everyone like us). The NOT 1% ers
As long as you're useful to those actually pulling the strings they might throw you a bone to make you feel like you are on the "Winning" side.

But after you've been used, you (and everyone like you) will be tossed aside and into the exact same bucket with rightwingers.

I see bad people dividing the nation and manipulating things so that the easily manipulated carry the torch for them in hating and dividing Americans.
I see it both ways.

Too bad you and those like you are completely convinced one side is all wrong and "your" side is totally right.

I have a feeling Trump, Nancy Pelosi and all of them are part of "those people". All throwing bones at us and dividing us.
But like a good tool, you carry the load for them to the end.

Ken Starr
Benghazi
Emails and servers

What were you talking about?

And you think those make it "balanced" ? As if those few listings you just gave equate to the crap the Left has done?

You must be crazy.

GOP's fear and loathing of Hillary Clinton cost you $100 million | Newstalk Florida - N
The House Republicans spent $8,000 a day investigating Benghazi. The State Department has spent $14 million on answering requests from Republicans that are related to the Benghazi investigations. The final House Select Committee on Benghazi spent $6.5 million with no with no evidence of wrongdoing having been found.

According to a total from the GEO from the second quarter of this year, the amount of public money spent in an attempt get former Secretary Clinton was around a staggering $22 million on the Benghazi.

That is over $100 million dollars’ public money spent by Republican’s to get Hillary Clinton without anything to show for it. So, now we are out on the campaign trail with only around 100 days left to go till election day.

Nope. Not me.

This is an excellent summation of the Trump presidency.
President Obama had people rioting. His goal was not to bring the issues into view. they never left. It was to begin to nationalize the police departments as to fit in with the North American Union. We are already in the middle of that transformation.

Forum List

Back