🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Seriously...What is The Deal with Abortion?

If abortions were no big deal and it only affects a microscopic percentage...abortions would never have become the law or they would have been outlawed a long time ago.

And, the way things used to be...were backroom abortions resulting in multiple deaths. Heck, even the great Ronald Reagan knew that...As Governor of California, Reagan signed into law the Therapeutic Abortion Act in May 1967 in an effort to reduce the number of "back room abortions" performed in California.

It took a long time for conservatives (even after years of bluster) to even get to this point in our abortion debates where they may have a chance of victory. But it will be a victory like the prohibition laws. Once the public finds out how restrictive the old days were, it will be quickly repealed.

So, yeah, let the fight begin. Ultimately, the conservatives will be proven to be (as in a host of other things) on the wrong side of history.
Progs took over after Kennedy was murdered. Communists held to what they were by McCarthy hearings were mocked and are made worse now. Well now we know.

Progs took over after Kennedy was murdered. Communists held to what they were by McCarthy hearings were mocked and are made worse now. Well now we know.
Yeah and we also now know that you are a moron. Thanks for playing.

I was thinking about this the other day and my conclusion is, its purely political. Its part of the "us vs them" war that we are currently engaged in. Sure, for some people, it may be a women's rights issue, but I think for most people it's "we don't like the right telling us its wrong, so we're going to fight for it"

I just don't think there is, for the most part, any real reason for it, other than each side just wants to win the battle.

Wow! A man doesn’t think this is a big deal. You could not be more wrong. For women this is the only deal they care about. This is the most important women in their entire lives.

The Texas state legislature has just handed both the House and Senate to the Democrats to secure women’s rights. Women will not allow this to stand. Will not allow this to stand.

My generation did not fight for 20 years to get this right for women to have you clowns trample those rights.

A lot of these people are just arguing this abortion stuff because they perceive their duty is to fight for their tribe at all times.

They don't need to make sense. They don't care about this. They just want to own da libz. That's all this is for them. Period.
But thats exactly the same reason the left argues as well. Very few actually care about this issue, they just want to "win"

Wow! A man doesn’t think this is a big deal. You could not be more wrong. For women this is the only deal they care about. This is the most important women in their entire lives.

The Texas state legislature has just handed both the House and Senate to the Democrats to secure women’s rights. Women will not allow this to stand. Will not allow this to stand.

My generation did not fight for 20 years to get this right for women to have you clowns trample those rights.
I never said it wasn't an issue. I said some people actually do care, but, I think this whole argument has very little bearing, FOR MOST PEOPLE, on abortion rights, and more about getting a win for their side.

For women this is the only deal they care about. This is the most important women in their entire lives.

I doubt that abortion rights are "the most important thing in women's lives", also, i think its more of an issue for lefties than it is for women in general.

And, as I've stated before, i don't agree with the Texas bill. I don't think they should be allowed to circumvent roe, and I don't think they should allow strangers to start law suits against people for this.

Not really.
It was Eisenhower who authorized the illegal military coup by Diem that deposed Bau Dai, and started the whole war.
It was also bipartisan congress that was guilty for most of it.
But sure, I do blame Johnson for most of it.

You're clearly an Ill informed left loon. Cease bothering me

Last edited:
I never said it wasn't an issue. I said some people actually do care, but, I think this whole argument has very little bearing, FOR MOST PEOPLE, on abortion rights, and more about getting a win for their side.

I doubt that abortion rights are "the most important thing in women's lives", also, i think its more of an issue for lefties than it is for women in general.

And, as I've stated before, i don't agree with the Texas bill. I don't think they should be allowed to circumvent roe, and I don't think they should allow strangers to start law suits against people for this.
Abortion rights, for many women, is really not about getting abortion. It's about fundamental choices and control over one's body, reproductive choices, and rights being removed (once again). Many women who support choice do not actually support abortion itself.

Abortion rights, for many women, is really not about getting abortion. It's about fundamental choices and control over one's body, reproductive choices, and rights being removed (once again). Many women who support choice do not actually support abortion itself.

“Reproductive choices” is a blatantly deceptive phrase. Obviously people should be able to reproduce or not reproduce, and no one claimed otherwise. Here’s the thing: once you’re pregnant, you have already reproduced.

Therefore, it is no longer a matter of reproduction, it’s past that point now. What you advocate for is killing “rights“, not reproductive rights. At least be honest about it.

Sure, it is a choice, and women want that choice, but, it is still life inside the mother.

I love how the left likes to say "its not a baby, its goo", right up until the point where something happens, like they get into an accident, and lose the pregnancy because of it, then want to sue the other driver because they killed her baby.

I've yet to ever hear anyone woman who had a miscarriage say "I lost my goo".

So, we need to decide, is it a baby, or isn't it? If its not, then there should be no double homicide lawsuits for accidents that result in the life of both the mother and her unborn...goo..right? A miscarriage shouldn't be an emotional ordeal right? Its just goo....or, at the very least, its not a baby, its just a fetus. You can make more.

Sounds cold, i know, but this is what the left is suggesting. A miscarriage? No big deal, its nothing. Lost a pregnancy because of negligence on the part of someone else? Meh, its just goo...who cares.

Btw, speaking of dishonesty and evil, I changed my sig… It was inspired by some people on the site. ;)

“Reproductive choices” is a blatantly deceptive phrase. Obviously people should be able to reproduce or not reproduce, and no one claimed otherwise. Here’s the thing: once you’re pregnant, you have already reproduced.

Therefore, it is no longer a matter of reproduction, it’s past that point now. What you advocate for is killing “rights“, not reproductive rights. At least be honest about it.
There is absolutely nothing deceptive about it.

It's about one's ability to make one's own choices regarding one's body. Period. To force a woman to carry a pregancy against her will (util viability) is as bad as to force a woman to END a pregnancy against her will.

What you advocate for is forced pregnancy and in the case of the Texas law, there isn't even an exception for rape or incest.

Well that’s a wonderfully fanciful rewriting of history. John F Kennedy was a progressive. I know the right keeps trying to claim him. But he’s the father of Medicare and Medicaid. He believed in the rights of Black people and women.

Again, you're not a woman and you didn't spend 20 years fighting for this right for all women. If this wasn't a big issued for women on the right, they wouldn't have fought for 40 years to overturn this decision.

You seriously underestimate how important this issue is to women. It literally can affect the outcome of all of our lives. If a woman is forced to bear a child who would have been aborted and ends up with a child so damaged he or she requires round the clock care, it literally changes not only her life but that of her entire family.

Late term abortions are the ones women never want to face. They're the babies we prayed for as we waited the test results. At age 40, the risk is higher. The test is done at week 19 or 20. The rests take 4 weeks. The decision has to be made immediately upon receipt of the wrong result. Every night and day for 4 weeks I prayed that my baby was OK.

When I was 6 months pregnant, I marched at the head of an abortion rights march. Not for myself, because I have never had an abortion, but for the baby girl I was carrying. In case she ever needed it.

Every woman who has ever had a baby is affected by abortion rights. Whether we have needed them or not.

NO YOU HAVE NOT. YOU HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO REPRODUCE. IT'S AN OPTION, NOT A REQUIREMENT. MISCARRIAGE HAPPENS IN 1/3 OF PREGNANCIES. REPRODUCTION HASN'T HAPPENED UNTIL THE BABY HAS COMPLETED GESTATION AND BEEN BORN.

GOD GAVE WOMEN FREE WILL AND CHOICE. YOU WOULD TAKE IT AWAY FROM US.

Sure, it is a choice, and women want that choice, but, it is still life inside the mother.

I love how the left likes to say "its not a baby, its goo", right up until the point where something happens, like they get into an accident, and lose the pregnancy because of it, then want to sue the other driver because they killed her baby.

I've yet to ever hear anyone woman who had a miscarriage say "I lost my goo".

So, we need to decide, is it a baby, or isn't it? If its not, then there should be no double homicide lawsuits for accidents that result in the life of both the mother and her unborn...goo..right? A miscarriage shouldn't be an emotional ordeal right? Its just goo....or, at the very least, its not a baby, its just a fetus. You can make more.

Sounds cold, i know, but this is what the left is suggesting. A miscarriage? No big deal, its nothing. Lost a pregnancy because of negligence on the part of someone else? Meh, its just goo...who cares.

What ever it is, it has no individual rights until viability (IMO). Until then, it's the mother's rights that are primary. As you point out about "goo", I think it's important to point out this:
Why can't a fetus be claimed as a dependent?
Why doesn't an embryo have an SS number or benefits?
Why do people say I have 3 children and one on the way instead of 4 children?
If you had an embryo and a baby already born and could only save one...which would it be?
Why is it far fewer seem to care about the hundreds or thousands of leftover embryos in storage that are eventually discarded or given to research? Where's all the fuss about genocide?

It isn't so black and white and the problem, from my view, is heavily one of rights (I don't believe in any inherent sanctity of human life above all other life) but I do believe in the right to make decisions on my own body and medical care, and as long as what is in my body, blastocyst, embryo, fetus, child, baby - all are accurate - can not exist outside it, it is part of my body and not an independent being with rights.

There is absolutely nothing deceptive about it.

It's about one's ability to make one's own choices regarding one's body. Period. To force a woman to carry a pregancy against her will (util viability) is as bad as to force a woman to END a pregnancy against her will.

What you advocate for is forced pregnancy and in the case of the Texas law, there isn't even an exception for rape or incest.

It absolutely, is and you completely ignored what I said.

Again. The phrase “reproductive choices“ deals with reproduction. Once you’re pregnant you have already reproduced. It is beyond the point of reproduction. Therefore the phrase is blatantly dishonest.

Secondly, we’re not talking about your body, we’re talking about the human being you want to kill. So that’s another dishonest thing proaborts say.

And by the way, that argument is easily debunked. If “my body my choice” truly is what it all hinges on, then it should apply throughout the entire pregnancy. So let me ask you this, and please answer with a yes or no. Do you think it is morally justifiable to butcher a baby in the womb who is literally minutes away from delivery, for no reason except the mother decided she didn’t want the baby? Yes or no? And don’t start with the reasons why late term abortions happen because that is completely irrelevant to the point I’m trying to make here. The point is if “my body my choice” really is what it all hinges on, then it would apply throughout the entire pregnancy, so answer the question please.

Well that’s a wonderfully fanciful rewriting of history. John F Kennedy was a progressive. I know the right keeps trying to claim him. But he’s the father of Medicare and Medicaid. He believed in the rights of Black people and women.

Again, you're not a woman and you didn't spend 20 years fighting for this right for all women. If this wasn't a big issued for women on the right, they wouldn't have fought for 40 years to overturn this decision.

You seriously underestimate how important this issue is to women. It literally can affect the outcome of all of our lives. If a woman is forced to bear a child who would have been aborted and ends up with a child so damaged he or she requires round the clock care, it literally changes not only her life but that of her entire family.

Late term abortions are the ones women never want to face. They're the babies we prayed for as we waited the test results. At age 40, the risk is higher. The test is done at week 19 or 20. The rests take 4 weeks. The decision has to be made immediately upon receipt of the wrong result. Every night and day for 4 weeks I prayed that my baby was OK.

When I was 6 months pregnant, I marched at the head of an abortion rights march. Not for myself, because I have never had an abortion, but for the baby girl I was carrying. In case she ever needed it.

Every woman who has ever had a baby is affected by abortion rights. Whether we have needed them or not.
Ya know...you've changed my mind. In fact, if you're a Democrat who believes in abortion, I think abortion, and the right of women to do as they wish with their bodies, should be encouraged! There should be financial incentive for democrats to abort their babies.

Women aren’t a microscopic percentage.
25% is not a microscopic percentage anyway. One in four women will decide to have an abortion in their lifetime. And their decision will affect everyone they are close to. It's far from a trivial impact.

Taking that decision away from the woman, and putting it in the hands of politicians, is a mistake.

Using logic, it really doesn't matter.

If a psycho bitch is going to murder a baby, she's going to find a way to do it. Doesn't matter if she has the baby and throws it in a dumpster, in a ditch, cuts it up and buries it, uses it as a human ashtray until it dies, starves it to death, or waits till it can walk and talk and puts a bullet thru it's head................bitch is gonna kill, period (no pun intended).
Lemme guess, incel?

What ever it is, it has no individual rights until viability (IMO). Until then, it's the mother's rights that are primary. As you point out about "goo", I think it's important to point out this:
Why can't a fetus be claimed as a dependent?
Why doesn't an embryo have an SS number or benefits?
Why do people say I have 3 children and one on the way instead of 4 children?
If you had an embryo and a baby already born and could only save one...which would it be?
Why is it far fewer seem to care about the hundreds or thousands of leftover embryos in storage that are eventually discarded or given to research? Where's all the fuss about genocide?

It isn't so black and white and the problem, from my view, is heavily one of rights (I don't believe in any inherent sanctity of human life above all other life) but I do believe in the right to make decisions on my own body and medical care, and as long as what is in my body, blastocyst, embryo, fetus, child, baby - all are accurate - can not exist outside it, it is part of my body and not an independent being with rights.
Hey, I get it. Its just goo, with no rights. Got it.

So, if someone pushes a pregnant woman down a flight of stairs and she miscarries, LOL, sucks to be you. Oh, and sorry they made a mess of your goo situation.

This is a lie.

‘Babies’ are not being ‘slaughtered.’

And Democrats want to see abortion end as much as anyone else, where ‘banning’ abortion isn’t a ‘solution,’ in addition to being un-Constitutional.

Where is abortion mentioned in the Constitution?

Forum List

Back