Seven dead after being run over in front of Texas migrant shelter, say police

We need a automobile secure storage law.

If you can't or won't secure your vehicle in a secured parking area, you will be charged with a crime.

To operate one in public.
You can't operate a motor vehicle without a license?

Literally millions of illegal immigrants beg to differ...

I saw a home video camera video of the incident. It’s very hard to tell if the speeding SUV was intentionally going at the pedestrians. It is possible that the driver was speeding and merely lost control on a slightly wet looking road.

If alcohol or narcotics had been consumed by the driver prior to the early morning accident, then the result of the “accident” should definitely lead to serious criminal charges. Even if he was completely sober, though, he may have legitimate criminal liability.

I saw a home video camera video of the incident. It’s very hard to tell if the speeding SUV was intentionally going at the pedestrians. It is possible that the driver was speeding and merely lost control on a slightly wet looking road.

If alcohol or narcotics had been consumed by the driver prior to the early morning accident, then the result of the “accident” should definitely lead to serious criminal charges. Even if he was completely sober, though, he may have legitimate criminal liability.
"May have " ?????
Please explain just how the driver has no liability.
(No pun intended, but noted nonetheless)

"May have " ?????
Please explain just how the driver has no liability.
(No pun intended, but noted nonetheless)
Sure. Accidents do happen. It looked to me like he had been speeding and lost control. That’s negligence but I don’t know if there is some mechanical issue with his vehicle. I don’t believe anyone yet knows. So his criminal liability, even if he was sober, isn’t a certainty.

Yet I understand those things are mandated.
"Data obtained by News4Jax from the Florida Highway Patrol show just over 13 percent of drivers in Duval, Clay and St. Johns counties are either driving with a suspended or revoked license, or no have license at all."

If we use that 13% figure and apply it nationally...that is over 20 million drivers operating motor vehicles without a license.

Not exactly what I would call 'mandatory' to own or operate a vehicle.

Care to try again?

Obviously we need to crack down on legal, responsible car owners in order to do absolutely nothing to stop criminals from acquiring and using vehicles in mass killings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back