Several shot, one in custody on UNC Charlotte campus

The young man has a worse truth that NO ONE can speak, but trust me, we all need to be speaking: He was autistic. Like Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook shooter. Autism, like other mental illnesses, CAN put you at increased risk for violent behaviors. It obviously does not mean ALL autistic people are violent, not by a long shot. In my experience, most are not. But some absolutely are. And we live in such a PC, Victim-oriented culture we cannot even SPEAK this.

I'm sick of truths we can't speak. It's getting people killed.
Have you got a link to the autism diagnosis, Sweet Sue?

One of my coworkers is raising an autistic grandson. He is doing very well--to casually meet him you would have no idea there is a problem--but he is one fist fight from being expelled from high school forever. It has been a struggle for them both.

The young man has a worse truth that NO ONE can speak, but trust me, we all need to be speaking: He was autistic. Like Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook shooter. Autism, like other mental illnesses, CAN put you at increased risk for violent behaviors. It obviously does not mean ALL autistic people are violent, not by a long shot. In my experience, most are not. But some absolutely are. And we live in such a PC, Victim-oriented culture we cannot even SPEAK this.

I'm sick of truths we can't speak. It's getting people killed.

You're conflating autism with Asperger's here, which was affixed to Lanza, irrelevantly. Both were reported very very early on when we knew virtually nothing about the shooter. Smacks of desperate journalism.

Much more to the point, he was male (still is in fact). Not that that's unusual but it tells us far more about motivations. As it always does while the rest of us go :lalala:

Forum List

Back