🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sexist pig Kasich advises personal responsibility

Good. Good luck with that as I have said.

But isn't blaming "male culture" another way of excusing rapists for their crimes like blaming the victim? It is not my fault people are raped.

When you make comments like this, you are again putting the blame on women for being victims of a violent crime.

And that does in fact excuse rapists for their actions.

My brothers daughter ended up getting raped exactly using your logic......she has every right to get blitzed at 2 AM with no hope of driving herself home and her friend left and the kindly fellow who offered to help was a predator..........dont listen to dumb dad who kept telling her nothing good happens after midnight

Good. Good luck with that as I have said.

But isn't blaming "male culture" another way of excusing rapists for their crimes like blaming the victim? It is not my fault people are raped.

When you make comments like this, you are again putting the blame on women for being victims of a violent crime.

And that does in fact excuse rapists for their actions.
"It's not my fault women are raped" is me blaming them? No. But you seem to want to blame me for what a rapist has done. How am I responsible? I've never witnessed a rape.

No. It in no way takes away from the personal culpability of individual rapists.

There was never any time in your life that you knew that another guy might do something to a woman, and did nothing?
Correct. But what could I do if I "knew a guy might do something"? That's real vague.
You could say something. "Hey leave her alone." "Bro can't you tell she has had too much to drink." " "hey do you have a female friend I can call?"
I'm a square so I've never been in situations where I might do that.

The Regressive Lefties here would be just fine seeing their daughter going to a party with bunch of drunk, horny guys.

Hey, take them some extra booze while you're at it, and be sure to wear the least amount of clothing possible, if any.

In fact, it would be fine if she were the only woman at the party, too.

What could possibly go wrong?
So college girls should stay home in their dorm room and never go to parties where liquor is served.

And you call liberals regressive. Maybe they should wear burqas, too.

Except even girls who go to the library or stay in their dorm rooms get raped.

Derp.
Going to the library alone late at night is needlessly risky due to predators that nobody in male culture condones in any way. Sleeping in a dorm room with the door unlocked is also risky.

Males and females should not go to parties where alcohol is served until they are 21. I actually wouldn't recommend it at all during college. Learn to drink socially in the safety of the dorm or a restaurant (with a designated driver or taxi fare) with a few friends.

John Kasich: 'Don't go to parties where there's a lot of alcohol' - CNNPolitics.com

What an asshole! How dare you give advice to a young woman not to place herself under greater risk of sexual assault. How dare you advise her to avoid parties with lots of alcohol. What the hell do you know. You're only the father of teenaged girls, not some know it all lesbo feminist from the DNC. Learn to have compassion for young women!

So do you walk through Harlem with your wallet hanging out too?

It’s called blaming the victim, a hateful and ignorant response common to most on the right.

The ‘remedy’ for sexual assault is not for women to hide themselves away like cloistered nuns (a moronic idea that likely appeals to many conservatives).
How is telling someone not to put themselves in a dangerous situation blaming them? That's just stupid. Your usual fare

Going to the library alone late at night is needlessly risky due to predators that nobody in male culture condones in any way. Sleeping in a dorm room with the door unlocked is also risky.
They don't want to admit that controlling risk is not all that difficult, that it's prudent, and that we all do it all the time.

So they knee-jerk to dishonest arguments.

It seems to me that Kasich's response to the question was all about the necessary first steps to hold the perps responsible. Without that, things are definitely not going to improve. His final quip, to avoid parties with lots of alcohol, is probably because this is where a lot of these incidents happen! He was NOT blaming the victim; he was giving sensible advice. Of course, no college student will take that advice, but I didn't feel offended in the least that he said it.

Until young males are properly educated and conscious, prudence dictates caution.

It seems to me that Kasich's response to the question was all about the necessary first steps to hold the perps responsible. Without that, things are definitely not going to improve. His final quip, to avoid parties with lots of alcohol, is probably because this is where a lot of these incidents happen! He was NOT blaming the victim; he was giving sensible advice. Of course, no college student will take that advice, but I didn't feel offended in the least that he said it.
A reasonable person will admit that there are situations that are more risky than others. It doesn't mean that the others are without risk, it doesn't mean that you should always avoid riskier situations. It just means that you can try to mitigate risk.

A parent who loves their child will think about that stuff.

Some thought processes are very binary, and that just isn't the way life is.

Until young males are properly educated and conscious, prudence dictates caution.
Yes. We don't hear much about the proper education and raised consciousness of young males, but hopefully those efforts are being undertaken.

Yes. We don't hear much about the proper education and raised consciousness of young males, but hopefully those efforts are being undertaken.

I'm not sure I see education and consciousness as fixing sexual predators. Any guy knows doing a girl without her permission, including if she's unconscious, is rape

Yes. Men need to be made to understand that they must always act paternalisticaly toward women. It is their responsibility to protect women and keep them from their own foolish decisions.

Good thing we have fewer and fewer full time fathers.......I know tax dollars fix everything......right now though we need to teach people to love the terrorists we're importing

Yes. Men need to be made to understand that they must always act paternalisticaly toward women. It is their responsibility to protect women and keep them from their own foolish decisions.

Gotcha, we need to restrict people giving their opinions to the ones who you agree with

I'm not sure I see education and consciousness as fixing sexual predators. Any guy knows doing a girl without her permission, including if she's unconscious, is rape
Well, a thread I was in a day or two ago was full of people describing instances of drunk guys and drunk gals getting it on and then the gal feeling guilty about it the next day....then crying rape. With Kasich saying, Avoid parties with a lot of alcohol, I assume he is referring to some of those date rape type situations. Don't confuse me by talking about actual predators. Of course they stalk campuses--that's where all the girls are. I've met a few of those skunks and no one would confuse them with an otherwise decent college kid who'd had too much to drink. I think some of the date rape going on could be eliminated if guys were taught early to have more respect for women. It's not just mutual fun in the moment, followed by the guilts the next day.

Forum List

Back