🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shameless Load Boasts On-Air: She Lives GREAT on Welfare, 'Working is Stupid'

Liberals claim the welfare queen is only a stereotype, but here's the real thing. I'd like to see a liberal explain why any hard working American should be taxed so this lard-ass can sit around doing nothing.

Shameless Load Boasts On-Air: She Lives GREAT on Welfare, 'Working is Stupid'- 'Taxpayers are Fools'

A recent caller to an Austin radio talk show ('Lucy', 32 y.o., Riverside, TX) -just one of the record 91.5M Americans who've left the US work force- bragged to the host that both she AND her husband 'don't see the need' for working these days... even though they have three young daughters. She said she prefers to live on welfare and 'benefits' so she can 'visit friends and smoke weed all day'...

Here's the sweet little package Lucy's managed to put together:

Section-8 gov't-paid rent $550/mo

EBT/food stamps $425/mo

Electricity $ubsidy $150/mo

Water $ubsidy $100/mo

Free Obamaphone -0-

'Lucy' -who would obviously work if she had to- went on to tell listeners she enjoys
'free Xmas gifts' for the kids and other benefits/charity as well, adding 'Why should I work...?​

Bullshit.
Explain that..What's bullshit about it?
Are you implying there is no one gaming the system?

No. There are people gaming the system. But they are not calling talk shows and bragging about it.

Answer the question in my sig line, please.

please show me where when the GOP was in control of Congress and the presidency were welfare laws changed to stop welfare from existing?

although I think that recipients should work while getting welfare(if able to), I doubt that even the GOP would stop welfare in it's tracks.

Liberals claim the welfare queen is only a stereotype, but here's the real thing. I'd like to see a liberal explain why any hard working American should be taxed so this lard-ass can sit around doing nothing.

Shameless Load Boasts On-Air: She Lives GREAT on Welfare, 'Working is Stupid'- 'Taxpayers are Fools'

A recent caller to an Austin radio talk show ('Lucy', 32 y.o., Riverside, TX) -just one of the record 91.5M Americans who've left the US work force- bragged to the host that both she AND her husband 'don't see the need' for working these days... even though they have three young daughters. She said she prefers to live on welfare and 'benefits' so she can 'visit friends and smoke weed all day'...

Here's the sweet little package Lucy's managed to put together:

Section-8 gov't-paid rent $550/mo

EBT/food stamps $425/mo

Electricity $ubsidy $150/mo

Water $ubsidy $100/mo

Free Obamaphone -0-

'Lucy' -who would obviously work if she had to- went on to tell listeners she enjoys
'free Xmas gifts' for the kids and other benefits/charity as well, adding 'Why should I work...?​

My father had a phrase for people like her: "The Law pertects 'em." :lol:

I don't know how people who decide to game the system to live off welfare or disability when they can work stand it, it locks them into such a limited life with nothing better on the horizon. It takes a mindset that I cannot relate to.

I'm ready to go full-parasite. Seriously: why do I bust my ass 50+ hours a week anymore? I need to go on welfare...I give up.

please show me where when the GOP was in control of Congress and the presidency were welfare laws changed to stop welfare from existing?

although I think that recipients should work while getting welfare(if able to), I doubt that even the GOP would stop welfare in it's tracks.
Not the point.
The objection is the lack of enforcement to stop people from gaming the system. The objection is to limitless benefits for an infinite period of time.
The objection is to the lack of income verification.
The objection is to the piles of otherwise useless people on the federal and state payrolls who administer the programs that rip off taxpayers.

I don't know how people who decide to game the system to live off welfare or disability when they can work stand it, it locks them into such a limited life with nothing better on the horizon. It takes a mindset that I cannot relate to.

I'm ready to go full-parasite. Seriously: why do I bust my ass 50+ hours a week anymore? I need to go on welfare...I give up.

Do it. Then report back to us about how great your life is.

Thanks for the DEPRESSION, hater dupes, and the mindless 24/7 obstruction of the recovery. Sorry people like to have some dignity while waiting for some jobs to be available...
Why don't you pony up some money to pay the National Debt, Mr. Giv-a-mint. Then all will be well again.

Put your money where your mouth is.

Damn, I am definitely not ghetto or white trash enough to collect these bonus miles. Might have to re-think my strategy and become a part of the collectivist state where 1% own everything and the rest beg for scraps.

On second thought, no.

'Why should I work...?

Hard to believe that after 45 years of entitlement spending on the so called "Great Society", the rate of poverty has actually increased. The central planners have, once again, done more harm than good...as this example demonstrates.

I find it hilarious you guys spend so much time hating on the 20% of the population that controls less than 1% of the wealth in this country, and not the 1% who control 43% of the wealth.

Let's be honest what Welfare is. It's "Please don't riot and bring down our orderly society" money.

Wait until the employer mandate runs out. What we'll see will not be any "exaggeration" when millions of employees lose their health care coverage.

'Why should I work...?

Hard to believe that after 45 years of entitlement spending on the so called "Great Society", the rate of poverty has actually increased. The central planners have, once again, done more harm than good...as this example demonstrates.

I find it hilarious you guys spend so much time hating on the 20% of the population that controls less than 1% of the wealth in this country, and not the 1% who control 43% of the wealth.

Way to COMPLETELY avoid the point. The goal of the Great Society was to eliminate poverty and racism. After trillions spent, poverty is up...but hey, the Black man is thriving...:doubt:

You can spew all the hate you like, it's clear you haven't a cogent retort for the incredible damage done by the central planners you support.

And please, try to get this through your thick collectivist skull: Wealth is not a finite pile of cash from which we all must draw. Just because a fat guy is standing next to a skinny guy, it doesn't mean the fat guy stole the skinny guy's food.

Let's be honest what Welfare is. It's "Please don't riot and bring down our orderly society" money.

And yet, before the start of America's entitlement mentality, there were no such riots. Before the Progressive era, more poor became middle class and more middle class became rich than at any time in human history. But you central planners knew better of course...

[

Way to COMPLETELY avoid the point. The goal of the Great Society was to eliminate poverty and racism. After trillions spent, poverty is up...but hey, the Black man is thriving...:doubt:

You can spew all the hate you like, it's clear you haven't a cogent retort for the incredible damage done by the central planners you support.

Poverty is not up because the Great Society was enacted.

Poverty is up because the free traders sent all the manufacturing jobs to even more miserable places.

Poverty is up because companies found it easier to buy machines than hire people.

Poverty is up because unions are down.

[
And please, try to get this through your thick collectivist skull: Wealth is not a finite pile of cash from which we all must draw. Just because a fat guy is standing next to a skinny guy, it doesn't mean the fat guy stole the skinny guy's food.

No, but if the fat guy actually broke into the skinny guy's house every night and ate all his food, that would be the case.

1% controls 43% of the wealth. The only reason why people aren't more upset about that is because they have no idea what is actually going on.

And yet, before the start of America's entitlement mentality, there were no such riots. Before the Progressive era, more poor became middle class and more middle class became rich than at any time in human history. But you central planners knew better of course...

That's not true. The late 1800s were FULL of riots. Anarchists shot President McKinley and a bunch of worthless European nobility. People lived in horrible tenaments and there were riots all the time. Look up "Haymarket Riot" some time.

Then you had some sensible people like Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt who realized that, yes, the working man needed a fair shake.

But FDR worked towards that short period where thanks to progressive policies, we had a middle class in this country, and it was because of unions and governments, not the capitalists.

"The problem with Capitalism is Capitalists, they're too damned greedy!" -Herbert Hoover

Bullshit.
Explain that..What's bullshit about it?
Are you implying there is no one gaming the system?

No. There are people gaming the system. But they are not calling talk shows and bragging about it.

Answer the question in my sig line, please.

People choose not to work every single day. I've had people ask me specifically what the income standard is, so they can arrange their work hours to come in under that amount, and they can keep their benefits.

All workers have seen this. Over adn over and over. It's so common it's a stock joke.

The only reason why people aren't more upset about that is because they have no idea what is actually going on.

Exactly. Only Joe knows what is "actually" going on.

Everyone else is just stupid.

Forum List

Back