Sharia in Africa: Woman being stoned to death *GRAPHIC*

Religious fanaticism at its finest.
Well this is why our founders kept religion out of government. They knew too well what the stakes were.

There has been a concerted attempt lately to try to downplay the negative aspects of sharia law in order to mainstream its acceptance into Western legal systems.
- Has there? Where is it?

Longknife, why do you think this story is "cool"? I don't get that part.

No, it's not religious fanatacism. It's Islam.

No, it's fanaticism. We can only assume it's religious, since that context isn't even given.

It will infect any religion that gets carried away awarding itself the sanction of a deity none of them can prove even exists. Christians did it for six hundred years and only gave it a rest less that 200 years ago, except rather than stoning they preferred burning people alive while their children were forced to watch -- after stretching and popping their skin open with unspeakably sadistic torture devices. Such is the peril of fanaticism.

Either that, or you're saying that Islam and Christianism are the same thing?

It just kills me how we can point to some "other" and declare "look- scary monsters!", while ignoring the same monsters in our own collective closet. Because after all, we're special and we're different and we're superior.

Yeah. Sure we are. Oddly, they're saying the same thing. Because that's what self-absorbed fanatics do.

But hey, there's no better judge to decide a draw between two sides than one's own side. That's why baseball players should call their own plays in lieu of umpires. That's why lawyers should just declare their clients guilty or innocent in lieu of judges. Because who knows better?

No Muslim I've ever known --and I've lived and worked among many-- would ever in a million years condone the sick shit in this OP. Yet they all follow Islam. So this theory of demonizing the entire religion of Islam based on this OP is as logically inoperative as demonizing the entire religion of Christianity based on Eric Rudolph or Tim McVeigh or Adolf Hitler.

Insane Islamist fanaticism; insane Christian fanaticism. See what they have in common. Declaring oneself "above all that" is the same hypocritical hubris that leads to the curse of fanaticism in the first place.

Last edited:
Religious fanaticism at its finest.
Well this is why our founders kept religion out of government. They knew too well what the stakes were.

- Has there? Where is it?

Longknife, why do you think this story is "cool"? I don't get that part.

No, it's religious fanaticism. It will infect any religion that gets carried away awarding itself the sanction of a deity none of them can prove even exists. Christians did it for six hundred years and only gave it a rest less that 200 years ago, except rather than stoning they preferred burning people alive while their children were forced to watch -- after stretching and popping their skin open with unspeakably sadistic torture devices. Such is the peril of fanaticism.

It just kills me how we can point to some "other" and declare "look- scary monsters!", while ignoring the same monsters in our own collective closet. Because after all, we're special and we're different and we're superior.

Yeah. Sure we are. Oddly, they're saying the same thing. Because that's what self-absorbed fanatics do.

But hey, there's no better judge to decide a draw between two sides than one's own side. That's why baseball players should call their own plays in lieu of umpires. That's why lawyers should just declare their clients guilty or innocent in lieu of judges. Because who knows better?

No Muslim I've ever known --and I've lived and worked among many-- would ever in a million years condone the sick shit in this OP. Yet they all follow Islam. So this theory of demonizing the entire religion of Islam based on this OP is as logically inoperative as demonizing the entire religion of Christianity based on Eric Rudolph or Tim McVeigh or Adolf Hitler.

Insane Islamist fanaticism; insane Christan fanaticism. See what they have in common. Declaring oneself "above all that" is the same hypocritical hubris that leads to the curse of fanaticism in the first place.

Except there is no insane Christian fanatacism on the scale of Islam. It isn't the accepted method of Christianity.

What we have here is yet another Islam apologist who sees their human rights violations only as a tool to beat Christians with. By LYING and pretending that evidence of Islamic barbarism is also evidence of Christian barbarism.

It's not.

No, it's religious fanaticism. It will infect any religion that gets carried away awarding itself the sanction of a deity none of them can prove even exists. Christians did it for six hundred years and only gave it a rest less that 200 years ago, except rather than stoning they preferred burning people alive while their children were forced to watch -- after stretching and popping their skin open with unspeakably sadistic torture devices. Such is the peril of fanaticism.

Insane Islamist fanaticism; insane Christan fanaticism. See what they have in common. Declaring oneself "above all that" is the same hypocritical hubris that leads to the curse of fanaticism in the first place.

Except there is no insane Christian fanatacism on the scale of Islam. It isn't the accepted method of Christianity.

What we have here is yet another Islam apologist who sees their human rights violations only as a tool to beat Christians with. By LYING and pretending that evidence of Islamic barbarism is also evidence of Christian barbarism.

It's not.

3 2 1 until he mentions the crusades.

It's not.

And this isn't the accepted method of Islam either.
But I just said that.

What you're aiming for here is a double standard. If it's wrong for Muslim religious fanatics to be stoning and beheading people (and it is), then it's also wrong for Christian religious fanatics to be popping people's limbs off and burning them alive, or to plant bombs at abortion clinics, or to round up Jews to send to the gas chambers (and it is).

Wrong is wrong; it's not "only wrong when they do it".

Last edited:

It's not.

I don't know what your hangup with the Crusades is. We're not talking wars, we're talking religiously-based fanatic vigilantism on individual people. Not same thing.

Now, religiously-based warmaking is its own worthy topic and would have plenty to fuel it, but inasmuch as the OP is not about war, I prefer comparing apples to apples.

It's not.

And this isn't the accepted method of Islam either.
But I just said that.

What you're aiming for here is a double standard. If it's wrong for Muslim religious fanatics to be stoning and beheading people (and it is), then it's also wrong for Christian religious fanatics to be popping people's limbs off and burning them alive, or to plant bombs at abortion clinics, or to round up Jews to send to the gas chambers (and it is).

Wrong is wrong; it's not "only wrong when they do it".

How odd then that the holy men shout their support for this shit over loudspeakers across the world.

Stoning to death is barbaric. Jews and Christians and Muslims have all done it.

But . . . only devil damned Muslims are doing it now.

Enough!

It's not.

I don't know what your hangup with the Crusades is. We're not talking wars, we're talking religiously-based fanatic vigilantism on individual people. Not same thing.

Now, religiously-based warmaking is its own worthy topic and would have plenty to fuel it, but inasmuch as the OP is not about war, I prefer comparing apples to apples.

Everytime Militant Islam is brought up, an apologist mentions the crusades.

The crusades, as terrible as they were for the peoples of the eastern Med, are no defense for Islamic barbarism today.

You're saying you're an apologist? You are the only one who keeps mentioning "Crusades"...

If not, let me know when one shows up and I'll give it a read to see how it ties in. Otherwise it's irrelevant here.

You're saying you're an apologist? You are the only one who keeps mentioning "Crusades"...

If not, let me know when one shows up and I'll give it a read to see how it ties in. Otherwise it's irrelevant here.

Who knows, maybe I am.

Someone show me a link of militant Christians stoning someone to death or sawing off some heads, otherwise you can't compare Christians to this.

Or a country where Christian tyrants are terrorizing, rounding up, murdering non-Christians.

This is fanatical for several reasons, you don't know what the person is being convicted of and other methods could be used. Such as jail. Although I want to point out hypocrisy of Christians criticizing stoning because its part of their religion too.

anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death. (Leviticus 24:16)

If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death?the girl because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man's wife. You must purge the evil from among you. (Deuteronomy 22:23-24)

If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death. (Deuteronomy 17:2-5)

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. (Deuteronomy 13:6-10)

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid. (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.' (Leviticus 20:27)

^ hasn't caught on to the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Has the OT been rescinded?

Hmph. Nobody tells me nuttin'.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhGk6eF65Fo]The West Wing: The Ignorant, Tight Ass Club - YouTube[/ame]

Not all folks interpret things as you do.

According to some Biblical passages, Jesus fulfilled the law of the Old Testament, but the New Testament seems to indicate that we are not justified by adhering to the old laws. Instead we are justified by faith.

Rom. 7:6: “But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter.”

Are we to keep the Old Testament law

Of course, you can't go by me. I'm not particularly religious.

And pretends that it's comparable, and current.

Hmm... "comparable", well you may have a point. Is it worse to stone someone to death, or to put a victim through a flesh press until their skin pops open? Is it worse to hack off a victim's head yelling "allahu akhbar", or to set them on fire, still alive, bound to a stake in the town square with their children forced to watch?

Arguably you have a point that one exceeds the other.

"Current" of course is just a question of time. The ignorant barbaric fanaticism of the Inquisition needed to go, and did. This ignorant barbaric Muslim fanaticism needs to go, and will. We can only stand where we are in time. But in reality both of them needed to not happen in the first place.

As for what's current, is 1998 close enough?
NightFace.jpg

This is the one who lived...​

Too old? How 'bout 2009?
GeorgeTiller.jpg

Stoning is for primitives. Burning is old hat. Nah, we've moved on technologically to guns and bombs.

Here's the difference between you and me: we both share a Christian background and culture, but I'm willing to acknowledge the skeletons in that closet, and you're not. I'm willing to acknowledge the perils of fanaticism, regardless what's behind it, and call it what it is.

So much for "apologism".

Last edited:
And pretends that it's comparable, and current.

Hmm... "comparable", well you may have a point. Is it worse to stone someone to death, or to put a victim through a flesh press until their skin pops open? Is it worse to hack off a victim's head yelling "allah akhbar", or to set them on fire, still alive, bound to a stake in the town square with their children forced to watch?

Arguably you have a point that one exceeds the other.

"Current" of course is just a question of time. The ignorant barbaric fanaticism of the Inquisition needed to go, and did. This ignorant barbaric Muslim fanaticism needs to go, and will. We can only stand where we are in time. But in reality both of them needed to not happen in the first place.

As for what's current, is 1998 close enough?
NightFace.jpg

This is the one who lived...​

Too old? How 'bout 2009?
GeorgeTiller.jpg

Stoning is for primitives. Burning is old hat. Nah, we've moved on technologically to guns and bombs.

Here's the difference between you and me: we both share a Christian background and culture, but I'm willing to acknowledge the skeletons in that closet, and you're not. I'm willing to acknowledge the perils of fanaticism, regardless what's behind it, and call it what it is.

So much for "apologism".

These are isolated incidents, I can show you dozens of pics like that from Syria and North Africa today alone.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back