Shiva-Sinister: A TrumpUSA Dream-Thing

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock dialogue between Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Mister Sinister (Marvel Comics 'supervillain' symbolizing fascism, terror, and wrath) about the imaginarium-values involved with Leatherface (fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal from Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror-film franchise) and Batman (DC Comics 'superhero' who tackles criminal insanity).

Such a dialogue signifies a modern-age social focus on public dialogue regarding 'shared values,' and reflects the appeal of modern-age films such as Swimming with Sharks, Money Monster, and Oh God! You Devil.

Should we coordinate 'TrumpUSA' commerce-based imagination with 'dystopian storytelling'?

====

tandy.jpg

SHIVA: Why does the horror-film ghoul Leatherface (the chainsaw-wielding ghoul) wear a suit-and-tie?
MISTER SINISTER: He must be interested in self-presentation...
SHIVA: How does a 'monster' become interested in self-presentation?
MISTER SINISTER: He must be conscious of the power he wields with terror...
SHIVA: So terror is some manifestation or paradigm for authority?
MISTER SINISTER: Indeed, it is. Fascists wield terror to control the mob...
SHIVA: Terror is therefore a tool. Would you agree?
MISTER SINISTER: I would certainly agree...
SHIVA: Why do youngsters in America celebrate the eccentric fictional masked urban vigilante Batman?
MISTER SINISTER: Batman is a comic book 'superhero' who tackle the criminally insane...
SHIVA: So tackling criminal insanity requires a degree of flair, self-presentation, and even creativity?
MISTER SINISTER: I would agree with that...
SHIVA: So both fascists and vigilantes are concerned about self-presentation, yes?
MISTER SINISTER: Yes...
SHIVA: Self-presentation is important in the business world (e.g., Trump Taj Mahal) as well!
MISTER SINISTER: I would agree with that...since capitalism requires recognition of ambition-composure...
SHIVA: In that case, a capitalism-baron must consider how the power that comes with fortune is imposing!
MISTER SINISTER: Yes, but 'tycoons' are not 'terrifying.'
SHIVA: True, but they are certainly imaginative...
MISTER SINISTER: I will concede that, but 'art-avatars' (e.g., Batman/Leatherface) symbolize vanity!

combat.jpg

====

:ack-1:

Forum List

Back