"Shocked!!! Shocked, I Tell You!"

Who ever could have guessed it!!!!

Well....not as shocked as Claude Rains....

This:

"Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests
Climate change poses less of an immediate threat to the planet than previously thought because scientists got their modelling wrong,....z'
Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests

The new fall-back position:
"Experts now say there is a two-in-three chance of keeping global temperatures within 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels, the ultimate goal of the 2015 Paris Agreement."

And...
"They also condemned the “overreaction” to the US’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord, announced by Donald Trump in June, saying it is unlikely to make a significant difference."
Ibid.

Know that old joke about a NYTimes headline, "World to end tomorrow- minorities hurt worst!!!"

When can we expect a retreat on that one, too?

I think climate change is a threat to world in the long run, but to be honest I think most people care more about jobs and employment now then how they are impacting the environment.

I think we have way too many environmental laws that creates too much red tape that prevents employers from hiring. Some states it costs a lot more to hire employees than others due to all the environmental and safety bs they have to go through.

I really needed a good job badly and I didn't care how dangerous it was, so I took up over the road truck driving.

Many people including myself will take dangerous jobs like truck driving because we need the money and we could care less about the long term health consequences or safety risks.

This:

"Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests
Climate change poses less of an immediate threat to the planet than previously thought because scientists got their modelling wrong,....z'
Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests

"Experts now say there is a two-in-three chance of keeping global temperatures within 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels, the ultimate goal of the 2015 Paris Agreement."

And...
"They also condemned the “overreaction” to the US’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord, announced by Donald Trump in June, saying it is unlikely to make a significant difference."
Ibid.

Know that old joke about a NYTimes headline, "World to end tomorrow- minorities hurt worst!!!"

I think climate change is a threat to world in the long run, but to be honest I think most people care more about jobs and employment now then how they are impacting the environment.

I think we have way too many environmental laws that creates too much red tape that prevents employers from hiring. Some states it costs a lot more to hire employees than others due to all the environmental and safety bs they have to go through.

I really needed a good job badly and I didn't care how dangerous it was, so I took up over the road truck driving.

Many people including myself will take dangerous jobs like truck driving because we need the money and we could care less about the long term health consequences or safety risks.

Clarification.

Environmentalism is simply a camouflage of the what the Left always does.....coerce, regulate and steal private property.

Once you incorporate that into your worldview, you will see through the 'we're doing it to save the planet' propaganda.

Property rights precede liberty. Perhaps some know that before it became “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” in our Declaration of Independence, John Locke wrote that man has a right to “life, liberty, and property.” Property Rights Have Personal Parallels

Us skeptics have been predicting this for decades...we have predicted that when the scam finally starts unravelling, it will be all ass covering all the time...you don't expect these alarmist wackos to actually ever admit that it was a scam all along do you??...or admit that they themselves were scammed and just went along to get along??

This:

And...
Ibid.

Clarification.

Environmentalism is simply a camouflage of the what the Left always does.....coerce, regulate and steal private property.

Once you incorporate that into your worldview, you will see through the 'we're doing it to save the planet' propaganda.

Property rights precede liberty. Perhaps some know that before it became “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” in our Declaration of Independence, John Locke wrote that man has a right to “life, liberty, and property.” Property Rights Have Personal Parallels

://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/22/bottom-up-versus-top-down-thinking-on-just-about-everything/

Hey PC, here is an interesting way of looking at things.

‘Bottom up’ versus ‘top down’ thinking – on just about everything

This:

And...
Ibid.

Clarification.

://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/10/22/bottom-up-versus-top-down-thinking-on-just-about-everything/

Hey PC, here is an interesting way of looking at things.

‘Bottom up’ versus ‘top down’ thinking – on just about everything

I need to incorporate this in that pyramid....
My dream job would be driving the karma bus.

The models have been very good. Only the most desperate liars try to pretend otherwise.

US0gWXc.png

Everyone familiar with the science knows this, hence denier Stalinist propaganda offensives have no effect. The science is what it is, and the science make denier cultists cry, because it contradicts the sacred teachings of their Stalinist cult. And how do the deniers explain that? They declare the whole planet is conspiring against them.

If your theory requires a conspiracy theory that the whole planet is conspiring against you, your theory is cult gibberish. Denialism is cult gibberish.

And by the way, the authors of that study referenced in the OP say that the deniers are lying bout it.

Clarification on recent press coverage of our '1.5 degrees' paper in Nature Geoscience

Since the deniers previously gave cred to those authors, they now have to accept their judgement that deniers lied about the paper.

Also see:
Factcheck: Climate models have not 'exaggerated' global warming

Us skeptics have been predicting this for decades...we have predicted that when the scam finally starts unravelling, it will be all ass covering all the time...you don't expect these alarmist wackos to actually ever admit that it was a scam all along do you??...or admit that they themselves were scammed and just went along to get along??
You are no "skeptic". There is nothing about your irrational process that even resembles skepticism, and you know less than nothing about the fields the fine people (whom you say are liars and incompetent) who have dedicated their lives to them have taught us everything about. You are just an ignorant naysayer, influenced wholly by politics and superstition.

The models have been very good. Only the most desperate liars try to pretend otherwise.

US0gWXc.png

Everyone familiar with the science knows this, hence denier Stalinist propaganda offensives have no effect. The science is what it is, and the science make denier cultists cry, because it contradicts the sacred teachings of their Stalinist cult. And how do the deniers explain that? They declare the whole planet is conspiring against them.

If your theory requires a conspiracy theory that the whole planet is conspiring against you, your theory is cult gibberish. Denialism is cult gibberish.

And by the way, the authors of that study referenced in the OP say that the deniers are lying bout it.

Clarification on recent press coverage of our '1.5 degrees' paper in Nature Geoscience

Since the deniers previously gave cred to those authors, they now have to accept their judgement that deniers lied about the paper.

Also see:
Factcheck: Climate models have not 'exaggerated' global warming
Too Funny:

You have found every lie on the Internet that gives your point of view credibility. However, real science shows these total lies and fabrications... Its funny that you use a TOTAL HINDCAST GRAPH that shows NO PREDICTIVE PHASE.. Thus the graph shows a LIE that has been tweaked to match the historical record after it too was adjusted to fit the models better. The modes are so bad they couldn't even hindcast known records so your ilk adjusted them.

The lies simply wont stop from you people.

Last edited:

This:

And...
Ibid.

Oceans rule the temperate of the planet and our oceans are cooling.

An inconvenient truth?

Inconvenient: oceans continue to cool

An inconvenient truth?

Even for the cultists at WUWT, that was a stupid article. They're raving that La Nina conditions mean the oceans are cooling. Um, no. La Nina conditions means the _surface_ of the oceans is cooling in certain spots. The oceans as a whole are still warming strongly.

An inconvenient truth?

Even for the cultists at WUWT, that was a stupid article. They're raving that La Nina conditions mean the oceans are cooling. Um, no. La Nina conditions means the _surface_ of the oceans is cooling in certain spots. The oceans as a whole are still warming strongly.

What an odd comment. The article is about ocean temperature. The El Nino warmed the tropics from 2015-16, with knock on effects to the other areas. It has since dropped and is likely headed toward La Nina conditions.

hadsst092017.png

The global temps were blamed on AGW with a boost from El Nino. If the global temps drop I predict it will be balmed entirely on the La Nina.

That is how alarmism works. Blame everything bad on AGW, like temps or weather, and ignore natural causes and cycles.

The global temps were blamed on AGW with a boost from El Nino.

Well yes, because that's what the data indicates. Inconvenient for you, the data.

If the global temps drop I predict it will be balmed entirely on the La Nina.

Of course temperatures are going to drop a little, because of La Nina. Giving a correct explanation is not a conspiracy.

That is how alarmism works. Blame everything bad on AGW, like temps or weather, and ignore natural causes and cycles.

So, tell us what's driving the natural cycle. Be specific. Show evidence. Make specific predictions. Give us something besides "If you can't prove 100.00% it isn't a natural cycle, then it is!".

And tell us who's ignoring natural causes and cycles. Be specific. Show evidence. I've never seen anyone ignore them. I've only seen deniers saying that, and they appear to be making up a crazy story.

This:

And...
Ibid.

An inconvenient truth?

LOL So you are using an incipient La Nina as proof the oceans are cooling? Yes, there truly are people that fucking stupid.

Sea Temperature Rise -- Pristine Seas -- National Geographic

As climate change has warmed the Earth, oceans have responded more slowly than land environments. But scientific research is finding that marine ecosystems can be far more sensitive to even the most modest temperature change.

Global warming caused by human activities that emit heat-trapping carbon dioxide has raised the average global temperature by about 1°F (0.6°C) over the past century. In the oceans, this change has only been about 0.18°F (0.1°C). This warming has occurred from the surface to a depth of about 2,300 feet (700 meters), where most marine life thrives.

Perhaps the ocean organism most vulnerable to temperature change is coral. There is evidence that reefs will bleach (eject their symbiotic algae) at even a slight persistent temperature rise. Bleaching slows coral growth, makes them susceptible to disease, and can lead to large-scale reef die-off.

Other organisms affected by temperature change include krill, an extremely important link at the base of the food chain. Research has shown that krill reproduce in significantly smaller numbers when ocean temperatures rise. This can have a cascading effect by disrupting the life cycle of krill eaters, such as penguins and seals—which in turn causes food shortages for higher predators.

New Comparison of Ocean Temperatures Reveals Rise over the Last Century | Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego

A new study contrasting ocean temperature readings of the 1870s with temperatures of the modern seas reveals an upward trend of global ocean warming spanning at least 100 years.

The research led by Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego physical oceanographer Dean Roemmich shows a .33-degree Celsius (.59-degree Fahrenheit) average increase in the upper portions of the ocean to 700 meters (2,300 feet) depth. The increase was largest at the ocean surface, .59-degree Celsius (1.1-degree Fahrenheit), decreasing to .12-degree Celsius (.22-degree Fahrenheit) at 900 meters (2,950 feet) depth.

The report is the first global comparison of temperature between the historic voyage of HMS Challenger (1872-1876) and modern data obtained by ocean-probing robots now continuously reporting temperatures via the global Argo program. Scientists have previously determined that nearly 90 percent of the excess heat added to Earth's climate system since the 1960s has been stored in the oceans. The new study, published in the April 1 advance online edition of Nature Climate Change and coauthored by John Gould of the United Kingdom-based National Oceanography Centre and John Gilson of Scripps Oceanography, pushes the ocean warming trend back much earlier.

"The significance of the study is not only that we see a temperature difference that indicates warming on a global scale, but that the magnitude of the temperature change since the 1870s is twice that observed over the past 50 years," said Roemmich, co-chairman of the International Argo Steering Team. "This implies that the time scale for the warming of the ocean is not just the last 50 years but at least the last 100 years."

Although the Challenger data set covers only some 300 temperature soundings (measurements from the sea surface down to the deep ocean) around the world, the information sets a baseline for temperature change in the world's oceans, which are now sampled continuously through Argo's unprecedented global coverage. Nearly 3,500 free-drifting profiling Argo floats each collect a temperature profile every 10 days.

Roemmich believes the new findings, a piece of a larger puzzle of understanding the earth's climate, help scientists to understand the longer record of sea-level rise, because the expansion of seawater due to warming is a significant contributor to rising sea level. Moreover, the 100-year timescale of ocean warming implies that the Earth's climate system as a whole has been gaining heat for at least that long.

Launched in 2000, the Argo program collects more than 100,000 temperature-salinity profiles per year across the world's oceans. To date, more than 1,000 research papers have been published using Argo's data set.

The Nature Climate Change study was supported by U.S. Argo through NOAA.

Real scientists, not the frauds at WUWT

Ocean warming doubles in recent decades
Lawrence Livermore, NOAA and partner scientists quantify heat accumulating in global ocean
Editor's note: The following web story was provided by Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. The original story can be found by clicking here on the Lawrence Livermore website.

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory scientists, working with National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and university colleagues, have found that half of the global ocean heat content increase since 1865 has occurred over the past two decades.

“In recent decades the ocean has continued to warm substantially, and with time the warming signal is reaching deeper into the ocean,” said LLNL scientist Peter Gleckler, lead author of a paper published in the journal Nature Climate Change.

Probing deep ocean heat

This conductivity, temperature and depth profiler bearing a suite of sampling bottles can dive to depths of 6,000 meters to measure changes in ocean temperature and salinity. (Andrew Meijers/BAS)

Probing deep ocean heat

This conductivity, temperature and depth profiler bearing a suite of sampling bottles can dive to depths of 6,000 meters to measure changes in ocean temperature and salinity. (Andrew Meijers/BAS)
Changes in ocean heat storage are important because the ocean absorbs more than 90 percent of the Earth’s excess heat increase that is associated with global warming. The observed ocean and atmosphere warming is a result of continuing greenhouse gas emissions. Quantifying how much heat is accumulating in the Earth system is critical to improving the understanding of climate change already under way and to better assess how much more to expect in decades and centuries to come. It is vital to improving projections of how much and how fast the Earth will warm and seas rise in the future.

Ocean warming doubles in recent decades

Again, real scientists doing real research, not a bunch of lying frauds at WUWT

This:

And...
Ibid.

Yeah, I know it is true but I hate it when any study uses the word "suggests". I can suggest anything, anything at all, doesn't make it factual.

Mr. Westwall, you know well the words they use in scientific papers. And you are using those words in a non scientific setting to lie about what the scientists are stating. You, sir, are one slimy ass.

Mr. Westwall, you know well the words they use in scientific papers. And you are using those words in a non scientific setting to lie about what the scientists are stating. You, sir, are one slimy ass.

Indeed I do. Legitimate studies use the words "SHALL", "WILL", and "OBSERVED" Bullshit fake studies use the words "suggest", "could", "might", and "Possibly". Please note that those words are NOT predictions. They are weasle words used mainly by charlatans and climatologists.

Now Mr. Westwall, would you care for me to look through my Geology journals and list how often those very words are used in the articles? Your problem is you are rejecting reality in favor of a rather ridiculous political ideology.

Now Mr. Westwall, would you care for me to look through my Geology journals and list how often those very words are used in the articles? Your problem is you are rejecting reality in favor of a rather ridiculous political ideology.

It's politicians who use weasle words dude. J. Tuzo Wilson never once said "studies suggest that plate tectonics will work this way". No, he said "plate tectonics need transverse faults to work. This is how they will work, and this is how you will find them".

And guess what, they were found exactly as he described them.

You clearly never cracked a geology book in your life.

Forum List

Back