Shoot to kill or just injure?

My training was to shoot till the target is down and no threat. Aim body mass not extremities or head. Look at Wilson he shot Brown 4 times and never stopped him. Arm shots do not stop someone nor do leg shots hell they may just make them more pissed off.
How do you know the first shot wasn't enough? I bet the one was all it would have taken but he snapped and over reacted. Just like you he kept shooting till the guy was down. He didn't even wait 1 second between his first and second shot so how do you know 1 wasn't enough? It would be if you shot me.

You aren't being honest when you say he had to unload on that guy. You admit your training says blow him away. If anything your boy was a bad shot.
Why would you care? If they are an immediate threat to your life, you have a Christian obligation to protect your family and your own life. Chances are, it was a gun grabber anyway.
This all started when a christian said without god there are no moral absolutes. This conversation is proving that even with god there aren't moral absolutes. Fact is most christians choose to kill rather than wound. They prefer it. You guys even sound proud about it.

The point of using deadly force is to save your own, or someone else's, life. Trying to wound is ridiculous. It is the result of watching westerns where the cowboy shoots the gun out of someone's hand rather than kill them. You have a split second to fire, and you better make sure you will survive.

The shooting enough to kill also means you are the only one telling the story of what happened.

And don't assume the answers here are all from Christians.
Then we dont need christianity to know right from wrong. Good.

I would agree with that. Especially since there were cultures that thrives for hundreds of years without hearing anything about Christianity, it should be a given.

Well put ... Because there are far more religions than Christianity.
Even the absence of religion itself will not protect you from knowing the difference between right and wrong.

Imagine that ... The idea that you could actually make a point in an otherwise pointless exercise.

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

Religious belief and secular law are mutually exclusive concepts in practical application in this instance. Use of the force necessary is what is required. Should you use more you may be facing criminal charges. After that you will be hounded by the PC police for the rest of your life and be made into a meme.

In view of all that should an intruder come in to my house he could have my exclusive collection of 1st edition happy meals toys, I may shoot him in the butt to slow him down.

The

Well put ... Because there are far more religions than Christianity.
Even the absence of religion itself will not protect you from knowing the difference between right and wrong.

Imagine that ... The idea that you could actually make a point in an otherwise pointless exercise.

Hole point of this topic is to point out that there are no moral absolutes even with god. Thou shall not murder.

If christians could wound instead of kill but choose to kill then isnt that going against god?

But then you guys pointed out there is a difference between murder and kill. Good point. You arent murdering a home invader. I'm not against killing instead of injuring I would just think a christian would opt for injure rather than kill. In fact one said so in another thread and that's why I started this. But that person hasn't chimed in yet.

The
Hole point of this topic is to point out that there are no moral absolutes even with god. Thou shall not murder.

If christians could wound instead of kill but choose to kill then isnt that going against god?

But then you guys pointed out there is a difference between murder and kill. Good point. You arent murdering a home invader. I'm not against killing instead of injuring I would just think a christian would opt for injure rather than kill. In fact one said so in another thread and that's why I started this. But that person hasn't chimed in yet.

Meh ... I will let greater minds worry about the theology and moral aspects of shooting to defend yourself.
As far as killing an intruder ... One more won't send me to Hell any quicker.

As far as a Christian is concerned ... There would be the aspect of "turning the other cheek".
In that case ... They would rather go on to the other side than defend themselves to start with.

I am not done here ... And if God wants to punch my ticket ... Then I am sure He will.

i still do not understand why you think ones religion should come into play

In general it usually comes from people who try to suggest that murder is somehow a "serious" sin.
They generally fail to understand that "all" sin is equal in the eyes of God ... And that we are "all" sinners (at least in the Christian view).

That would mean that they are no different than a murderer in that aspect.

Sounds like christians would gladly kill a perp. Not regretfully.

Sounds like you are making broad assumptions as to who may be Christian ... And what it means to be Christian in the first place.
You have made more reference to the Christian aspect than anyone else ... Looking around, I don't see anyone bible thumping.

I see you are ready to sit in judgment of others though ... And at least a Christian would understand that is what makes God divine and most humans assholes.

Last edited:

Sounds like you are making broad assumptions as to who may be Christian ... And what it means to be Christian in the first place.
You have made more reference to the Christian aspect than anyone else ... Looking around, I don't see anyone bible thumping.

I see you are ready to sit in judgment of others though ... And at least a Christian would understand that is what makes God divine and most humans assholes.

I dont disagree with shoot to kill. I'm definately more interested in the religion aspect.

I can't think of a more evil asshole thing than burning someone in hell for eternity. Your gods an asshole. Actually he doesnt even exist. Your religion I should say is an asshole and evil. Sorry.

I can't think of a more evil asshole thing than burning someone in hell for eternity. Your gods an asshole. Actually he doesnt even exist. Your religion I should say is an asshole and evil. Sorry.

Whose God ... Not like He is mine.
And if He doesn't exist ... Why do you keep bringing Him and Christianity up?
I don't have a religion that would fit a definition you or anyone else could supply ... So again you are foolish and assuming, as well as judgmental.

Furthermore ... I highly suspect you are actually "Sorry" ... More inclined to believe you are full of shit from one end of your post to the very past word.

i opt to shoot to kill and i am not a christian......it does not go against my religious beliefs at all....as they say in texas...some men just deserve to die...simple as that...we are not discussing taking the life of an innocent but taking the life of someone trying to do you harm...

Isnt the rule if you shoot a home invader you should shoot to kill not maim? Why is that? I know a couple reasons. What other reasons are there besides they might kill or sue you later? I'm thinking if I could kill or just wound an intruder I'd prefer not to have to kill them. And how do christians feel about this? How do you put aside thou shall not kill when you could have just shot them in the leg or balls.

Shoot for center mass. If you are in a situation which requires deadly force, you use it. Center mass gives you the best chance of stopping your target, and is the easiest thing to aim at. Luck Extremity/head shots that end the threat are a possible outcome when panicked if you are aiming for center mass. Aiming for center mass also increases the chance the bullets hit the target, not fly off to hit someone else.

The general rule is you shoot the bad guy till he catches on fire. You have no idea how motivated they are, so you simply don't take unnecessary risk.

Shoot center mass and let fate decide if its a kill shot or merely wounding.
I just notice christians play with the words kill and murder.

But at least we dont go to schools and kill 150 muslims and let all the christians go. Instead we fly 150 random people into a mountain.

proper terminology and thinking is that a person 'Shoots to STOP' sealy !!

Forum List

Back