Shooting at Sikh Temple

Still not origin.
Do you even know any Indian people? More specifically, Sikh's? If you do, ask them.
Wikipedia is sadly lacking on the origin.

I didn't know much of anything about Sikhism before today except they were separate from Hindus and Muslims and were particularly decent and peaceful.

I read the link I posted from wiki and if it's accurate at least in the broad strokes then Sikh's worship one universal god, believe in reincarnation and most impressively have a very (very very) long history of tolerance toward religious minorities and rights.

That's wiki so, that links basically an incomplete Cliff's Notes.

Only known a small handful on Indian people in my life and they were Hindu, Christian or atheist like myself.

Way back when, the Hindi Indians enlisted the biggest largest most fierce people to protect them from the Muslims. Those people became the Sikh's, the Indian military, protecting Indians from Muslims.

WRONG

Sikh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did you read your link?

Generally Sikhism has had amicable relations with other religions. However, during the Mughal rule of India (1556–1707), the emerging religion had strained relations with the ruling Mughals. Hindu Hill rajahs fought frequent battles against Guru Gobind Singh because they were largely opposed to Guru Gobind Singh's casteless principles of religion. Prominent Sikh Gurus were killed by Mughals for opposing Mughal persecution of minority religious communities.

FYI, Moghuls were an Islamic Empire that was famous for persecuting anyone who was not a Muslim, and were especially cruel to Hindus. The direct result of the conflict between the Moghuls and the teachings of the Sikh that required them to fight against all oppression led to the establishment of the Sikh Empire. Believe it or not, that makes alan right. This time.

Bump

I got my info from Sikh's and Hindi friends.

Updates

Another mass shooting, Wisconsin Updates: 7 dead. No more police updates until 10 AM Monday. « Hot Air

Law enforcement teams have completed a sweep of the temple. They are wisely keeping a lot of info from the press still. Hopefully to prevent contamination of scenes (like the shooters home/properties etc) and while family notifications are ongoing.

UPDATE 5: (Jazz) As of the 5 PM eastern briefing from the local Chief of Police, there is confirmation that there are 7 dead and 3 others injured. The police will not be releasing the names of any of the victims nor the police officer who was shot until all family members have been notified. They are treating this as an in process criminal investigation and an “active scene” and they will not be releasing the identity of the shooter. They are treating it as an incident of “domestic terrorism” and the FBI is taking over the investigation on that end. There will be another briefing tomorrow morning at 10 AM, but until then we probably shouldn’t expect much more in terms of details.

Early signs to me point to "one off" crazy asshole or "one off" political/religious nutjob. Early reports of multiple shooters seem in error or I hope they are anyway.

Maybe if the perp is Muslim the media will bury the story and the moonbats won't use it as fodder to scream about gun control.

Muslim is a good guess. But the left not bitch...:lmao:

sikhs aren't muslim or hindi, so it could be anyone....

Only speculation......

But the absence of motive in the initial reports is a good indicator of

A. Our guess is correct

Or

B. the left finally learned their lesson.

Only speculation...................

wait until you KNOW whats happening you fools

Well, I don't have all the facts but I believe the police acted stupidly....

Gee, I bet you called the driver of the Crown Vic Interceptor stupid while sitting in the cage in back.

A leftist with selective memory....I'm shocked I tell ya...SHOCKED!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brII97tfMFI&feature=related]Obama Stands by 'Stupidity' Comments because he's stupid - YouTube[/ame]

The media is calling it an "act of domestic terrorism". Interesting considering many other similar shootings were never called as such....

Early signs to me point to "one off" crazy asshole or "one off" political/religious nutjob. Early reports of multiple shooters seem in error or I hope they are anyway.
Early Eye Witness Report of MULTIPLE SHOOTERS (4):

[youtube]9ecdSKi9_fs[/youtube]

Last edited:
Police officer who "put down" one shooter was himself shot multiple times. I read he is expected to recover. It's early reporting and things are bound to be confused for sometime but sounds pretty damn heroic to me. No two ways about it.

Yes, that officer is a hero, no question. And the second mass shooting in less than two weeks brings out only paranoia from those with gun fetishes. No pity for the victims, just the constant, unfounded, sickening worship of their idol-a firearm.

Maybe if the perp is Muslim the media will bury the story and the moonbats won't use it as fodder to scream about gun control.

And if the perp is a right wing nut, fox Will pretend it never happened.

"Intelligent" people on the Left actually making new gun laws will "protect" citizens because the crminals who now USE firemans not dare break a "new" law.

You gun haters are idiots.

Police officer who "put down" one shooter was himself shot multiple times. I read he is expected to recover. It's early reporting and things are bound to be confused for sometime but sounds pretty damn heroic to me. No two ways about it.

Yes, that officer is a hero, no question. And the second mass shooting in less than two weeks brings out only paranoia from those with gun fetishes. No pity for the victims, just the constant, unfounded, sickening worship of their idol-a firearm.

So what do you have in your "arsenal" to protect yourself from criminals?

A steak knife? Maybe one of those cute little keychain mace sprays? Maybe you have a baseball bat hidden in the battery compartment of your Prius?

Or do you just plan on dropping to your knees and begging for your life like the whiney little liberal that you are?

Early Eye Witness Report of MULTIPLE SHOOTERS (4):

[youtube]9ecdSKi9_fs[/youtube]

I noted that possibility/reporting on an earlier post.

When the later report came of the police having cleared the temple (sans reports of further arrest) perhaps I wrongly determined that this was the more typical type of random shooting. (or just hoped it was) Maybe the police/FBI have others in custody or other attackers are among the dead.

Eyewitness' accounts are not always the most reliable however it's hard to imagine someone mistaking one or two shooters for four. If there were four shooters maybe there is a whole network of or splinter off of some hate group? Still, four attackers and "only" six dead (not counting the dead shooter) seems blessedly small.

ABC network news tonight reported that the term "domestic terrorism" was what the locals first called it. I'll be curious what the feds have to say. I noted before that I thought it was wise not to give the media too much info to safeguard the investigation. Unfortunately that leaves a lot of guesswork for everyone else.

The media is calling it an "act of domestic terrorism". Interesting considering many other similar shootings were never called as such....

I saw the headline on a tv at Burger King from a distance, and the first thing I thought was why is it being called terrorism?

Im not going to answer my own question just yet, but I think I know what the answer is going to be.

Hey! asshole. If you can send a policeman to my house to protect my family and me from criminals I'll give you my gun. Deal?

I saw the headline on a tv at Burger King from a distance, and the first thing I thought was why is it being called terrorism?

Im not going to answer my own question just yet, but I think I know what the answer is going to be.

It's gotta be a white guy for it to be called terrorism. don'tchyaknow?

News from The Associated Press
Edwards said the gunman "ambushed" one of the first officers to arrive at the temple as the officer tended to a victim outside. A second officer then exchanged gunfire with the suspect, who was fatally shot. Police had earlier said the officer who was shot killed the suspected shooter.

Updates like this are bound to happen over the next few days.

Hey! asshole. If you can send a policeman to my house to protect my family and me from criminals I'll give you my gun. Deal?

The first words written by you are about your beloved guns, sad. The fact that humans have "let you down" is clear from your posts; this again, is not a 2nd Amendment issue. Those with so much rage inside them will find any weapon they can, that I expect YOU will understand.

Very sad indeed :(

WillowTree said:
If you want to find the whole, unbiased story as it unfolds tune into the Fox News Channel.
Thats the worst place to tune bud.. All you'll get there is MSM trash!

Forum List

Back