Shooting in LA

Gunman in deadly L.A. shooting rampage had an arsenal of weapons at home, sources say (yahoo.com)

If he used a handgun, why did they mention in the first paragraph he owned a legally purchased AR-15?

A gunman who went on a shooting rampage in Los Angeles on Tuesday — killing two people and wounding two others — had an arsenal of weapons at his home and possessed a legally purchased AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, law enforcement sources told The Times as more details about the incident emerged."

The AR-15 had nothing to do with his rampage.

Well, they're reporting what the police told them. Why would the police say that?
The police may have told them about several of the guns in the arsenal.

So, is it the media's fault for reporting what the police said? Isn't that what journalists SHOULD DO?

thoughts & prayers.

That's your input, troll?

nothing about the OP?

if it's good enough answer for the CONgress (R)s, then it's good enough for me.

Maybe we should make murder illegal?

maybe cut down on the means of mass murder.

You want to make fire illegal? Or, machettes?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.
How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

what a ridiculous straw man. & false equivalency.

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

how many of them thar things you listed were designed/invented/created for the sole purpose was to kill?

how about knives?

The 'original 'knives' couldn't cut butter, they were nothing more than a shard, with a sharp edge.

a knife can kill, but that isn't its original use. a firearm is.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

nope. just rapid fire weapons of war that use 20, 50, 100 round drums using high velocity ammo capable of making swiss cheese outa scores of people in mere seconds without even having to reload.
ar-15 media guide.jpg

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

The worst mass murder in US history was done by an arsonist setting a fire.

In Rwanada, hundreds of thousands of people were murdered with machettes.

Hows about you stop pretending you want to stop mass murders and admit that you want guns banned so the communists can take over?

i'm no gun grabber ...not anymore than ronny reagan was.

i also have several firearms in my home, dummy.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

How about Ryder truck, diesel fuel and fertilizer--are you going to outlaw those too? They were responsible for 168 murders in one fell swoop. How about cell phones? We should outlaw those too. They are used to detonate bombs. Anything can be used to kill. Start addressing the problem--it is PEOPLE, not knives, guns, fertilizer, pressure cookers or phones. FB is probably responsible for more deaths than any other single cause--let's ban social media. SMH.

Fire only destroys.

fire is also used for warmth, light, & for cooking.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Hows about you stop pretending you want to stop mass murders and admit that you want guns banned so the communists can take over?

OMG YOU HAVE AN ARSENAL WTFBBQ

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ..... so what's yer point, davey?

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

i personally don't, but hubby has several.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

i personally don't, but hubby has several.
Better keep an eye on him. I hear people with arsenals can be dangerous.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Should this be banned?
images (1).jpeg

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Fire only destroys.

fire is also used for warmth, light, & for cooking.

Guns are used for protection, recreation and harvesting food. Like a bow and arrow, or a spear.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

I'm questioning the source of your knowledge of guns...especially semi-automatic rifles.

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”
His corollary: “In mass shootings, there are no unwounded victims.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“You will see multiple organs shattered. The exit wounds can be a foot wide.”

“I’ve seen people with entire quadrants of their abdomens destroyed.”

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’ (Published 2018)

i'd say that's good enough.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

Should this be banned?View attachment 485385

where's the 100 round drum with it's high velocity ammo?

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

I don't think those 168 victims in OK much care about whether fertilizer was designed to kill or not you shallow bitch. Wake the fuck up--straw man, false equivalency--you are a moron.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

i know 20 babies & their 6 human shields were pumped so full of what a bushmaster spits out in mere seconds, that when the cops arrived, they thought they were a pile of red rags.

Many factors determine the severity of a wound, including a bullet’s mass, velocity and composition, and where it strikes. The AR-15, like the M4 and M16 rifles issued to American soldiers, shoots lightweight, high-speed bullets that can cause grievous bone and soft tissue wounds, in part by turning sideways, or “yawing,” when they hit a person. Surgeons say the weapons produce the same sort of horrific injuries seen on battlefields.

Dr. Jeremy Cannon, the University of Pennsylvania’s Perelman School of Medicine.
He served in Iraq and Afghanistan and is a lieutenant colonel in the Air Force Reserve

“The tissue destruction is almost unimaginable. Bones are exploded, soft tissue is absolutely destroyed. The injuries to the chest or abdomen — it’s like a bomb went off.” If a bullet hits an arm or a leg, he said, the limb often hangs at an unnatural angle. Such victims can need a dozen surgeries over months. “Some eventually decide to undergo an amputation if there is severe pain in the limb and it is dysfunctional,” he said.
“Bystanders are traumatized just seeing the victims. It’s awful, terrible. It’s just a ghastly thing to see.”
Dr. Cannon recalled the aphorism by José Narosky, the Argentine writer: “In war, there are no unwounded soldiers.”

What makes injuries from these rifles so deadly, he said, is that the bullets travel so fast. Those from an M16 or AR-15 can depart the muzzle at a velocity of more than 3,000 feet per second, while bullets from many common handguns move at less than half or a third that speed. The result: “The energy imparted to a human body by a high velocity weapon is exponentially greater” than that from a handgun.

“If they are shot in the torso, there often is not a whole lot we can do,” he said.

With a handgun, the bullets mostly damage tissues and organs in their direct path. Eventually, the bullets may be slowed and stopped by the body. Emergency surgery often can save handgun victims.

Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

But it sure does look scary, doesn't it?

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

We all know what guns do. They really do absolutely NOTHING without a person pulling the trigger. I have never fired a weapon at a person unless the government asked me to in order to protect your idiotic ungrateful ass. Start addressing the real problem of people who use anything to bring misery to other people--including you and your simple minded ilk.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

Very emotional. Gosh.

Meanwhile, the .223/5.56mm round most AR rifles are chambered for is a relatively small rifle round. And since the AR is semi-automatic, it's one round fired for each trigger pull, like any other semi-automatic rifle. There's nothing particularly more dangerous about the AR platform than any other rifle.

For another perspective, also from an expert, here's an article by a US Marine that says the .223 is underpowered.
Agreed--that is why snipers use M-14 (7.62mm) or bigger. M-16's are good for close combat.

thoughts & prayers.

nothing about the OP?

View attachment 485377

Very emotional. Gosh.

Agreed--that is why snipers use M-14 (7.62mm) or bigger. M-16's are good for close combat.
Yup. The Marine was firing from 125 yards.

I dunno about the other branches, but in the Air Force, the qualification course of fire had silhouettes sized out to 300 meters.

DODM16A1-2T.jpg

Forum List

Back