Should Army National Guard Troops Shoot Illegal Border Crossers ?

We should use the military to shoot actual violent people...alt right conservatives.
You have it backwards. the alt-LEFT are the violent ones. (ex Charlottesville riot, Ferguson, Baltimore, Berkeley, Chicago, San Jose, and all the words from leftist loons > Erratic Eric Holder, Mad Maxine, Hellfire Hillary, etc)

I have it correct.

You have your head up your ass.

No, dumbass. You can't start shooting unarmed civilians at the border. That would be seen as a war crime.

The goddamn leftists in this country would love love love to see some poor Honduran woman and her baby shot to death at the border.

Use whatever non-lethal force is necessary to prevent their entry or to capture and contain them until they can be deported. But you can't start shooting them.
You can and must, IF the situation gets so out of hand that that would be the only recourse to stop them. One must always remember that THEY *, the invaders are responsible for WHATEVER happens here, not the defenders.

* And whoever instigated them. I suspect Democrats.

Then you understand why from a political perspective it would be bad news for the good guys to ever shoot a civilian on the border, which is exactly the kind of nightmare scenario the leftists want to see happen. We're not the Soviet Union.

I hope no Americans are killed. Does anyone know the specifics of what kind of weapons these invading foreigns have?

When I served in the Army National Guard, I was told the first duty of the Army National Guard is to do what the name "National Guard" clearly states > to guard the nation. And the first priority of that is to stop foreigners from invading the USA.

And the definition of invading
? > "to enter forcibly or hostilely" (Webster's New World College Dictionary, 5th ed.) Well, the caravaners already entered Mexico, from Guatemala, forcibly, and one could call it hostilely, being that it's disrespecting Mexico's immigration and border law. In doing so, the border crossers tore down fences and physical barriers.

There's no doubt that the thousands of people in this caravan have exactly that same thing in mind for the United States. The solution to stop them, according to my National Guard officers is to meet the force with greater force, and use whatever force is necessary to stop and repel the invaders.

Since an effective border wall is not yet in place or electrified fencing, barbed wire, etc, this would mean possibly shooting hundreds of the caravaners, gassing them at the border, or possibly even using artillery. The military has its job to do, the question is can (and should) we allow Honduras, Guatemala and other countries to invade us ?

We should use the military to shoot actual violent people...alt right conservatives.

Yeah, like that Bernie supporter who shot up that baseball practice! Wait, he wasn't alt right, was he?

Then you understand why from a political perspective it would be bad news for the good guys to ever shoot a civilian on the border, which is exactly the kind of nightmare scenario the leftists want to see happen. We're not the Soviet Union.
One needs no excuse to defend oneself. That goes for individuals and nations both. Soviet Union has no connection. Every nation is entitled to defend itself, and the leftists can say whatever they want (and they will). No matter what, we defend ourselves, period.

This morning, I woke up and did feel a little conflicted about this issue. I hate it that people come in floods over here with an agenda to take our country over and insert a different kind of government with their mass votes, one that kicks out free enterprise. On the other hand, once they get here, they may be persuaded that the founders had it right, and created a country that is the envy of most of the world, and the anathema of dictatorial regimes that aren't even questioned by most of the people living there.

For the people who have heard about America and love it before they get here, however, I feel a sympathy just like this one, carved into Lady Liberty's message board of concrete:

image.jpg

And it is my fervent prayer that even the people who're making a huge fuss about all this do not create martyrs that would cause damage to this country that has become jaded with other countries dumping many over here with an eye on the millions of dollars the refugees will be sending to their relatives in the form of half their wages or whatever they feel obligated to send back. They should have experienced a real home country that should have taken care of them by giving them a job that would have carried them through a productive and proud life.

Last edited:
Yeah but thankfully, very few embrace that sentiment s0n!:113:

One sticks out like a sore thumb in here when they have an inability to think on the margin!:bye1:
capitalism doesn't work and Government has all Solutions?

One sticks out like a sore thumb in here when they have an inability to think on the margin!:bye1:

Capitalism does work when implemented correctly
It's redistribution that doesn't.
Proof is taking a look at the African countries who changed back to capitalism.
Capitalism helps small businesses and entrupenures.
Government solutions at the border Because capitalism fails.

Capitalism works.
GDP Growth
United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

united-states-gdp-growth@2x.png

Is this chart right:

china-gdp-growth-annual.png

IS China's economy more capitalistic than ours?

It proves capitalism works.
They had terrible GDP growth until they started using capitalism.

Use whatever non-lethal force is necessary to prevent their entry or to capture and contain them until they can be deported. But you can't start shooting them.
No one wants our military or guard or border patrol to fire shots into Mexico. There is already one pathetic case of this at least and the border agent is in mucho trouble for killing a Mexican youth on that side. Best to declare a DAY of ALL PORTS of entry CLOSED. Best to throw up some temporary fence on unfenced and unwalled areas. Best to create noise and smell. Best to get rid of desert water tanks. Best to look like an army that can scare the people by presence.
I haven't seen anything encouraging shooting them while they still occupy Mexico. Shoot them when they set foot on our soil.
Yes, I agree.... shoot them.

There’s no evidence they’re attacking.
There's plenty of evidence that they will be attacking. They are marching toward our borders. They openly proclaim that they will cross the border en masse, without any authorization. That's plenty of reason to have the military ready to act to stop them.
That’s not an attack. You can’t even say they’re armed.
A club is a weapon, so is a knife.
Who says they have clubs and knives?

No one wants our military or guard or border patrol to fire shots into Mexico. There is already one pathetic case of this at least and the border agent is in mucho trouble for killing a Mexican youth on that side. Best to declare a DAY of ALL PORTS of entry CLOSED. Best to throw up some temporary fence on unfenced and unwalled areas. Best to create noise and smell. Best to get rid of desert water tanks. Best to look like an army that can scare the people by presence.
I haven't seen anything encouraging shooting them while they still occupy Mexico. Shoot them when they set foot on our soil.
Yes, I agree.... shoot them.
So we agree.

That is the prescribed orders of the Army National Guard. Don't like it ? Call your congressman.
`
Posse Comitatus Act
"it shall not be lawful to employ any part of the Army of the United States, as a posse comitatus, or otherwise, for the purpose of executing the laws, except in such cases and under such circumstances as such employment of said force may be expressly authorized by the Constitution or by act of Congress;"
Article II of the US Constitution authorizes the President to initiate military action in order to repel sudden attacks upon our sovereign nation. While I think the NG is the best force to repel this invasion, if required, we should not negate the possibility of augmenting the NG with regular military troops and equipment. If any circumstances warranted such military action it would be thousands of individuals having organized themselves into an invasive force with the stated intent to illegally take territory within our borders.
Posse Comitatus Act actually supports the President providing military resistance to active invasion of the US.
There’s no evidence they’re attacking.
No when they attack the border that is a invasion and threats to the troops is a attack.
G’head, turn the border into Kent State.

a Good capitalist with a petty cash fund for that purpose; could simply, get capitalistic and solve that market based dilemma and make money.

if only,

there were Good capitalists to be found in modern times.

Government solves all problems, not private capital.

a Good capitalist with a petty cash fund for that purpose; could simply, get capitalistic and solve that market based dilemma and make money.

if only,

there were Good capitalists to be found in modern times.

Government solves all problems, not private capital.

Capitalism does work when implemented correctly
It's redistribution that doesn't.
Proof is taking a look at the African countries who changed back to capitalism.
Capitalism helps small businesses and entrupenures.
Government solutions at the border Because capitalism fails.

Capitalism works.
GDP Growth
United States GDP Growth Rate | 1947-2018 | Data | Chart | Calendar

united-states-gdp-growth@2x.png
why any need for Government at the border, if Capitalism works?

Forum List

Back