Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
People are not going to stop using their religion to hate. My recommendation is that gay people marry in the Unitarian Church, where they don't have to deal with the haters.

Sure they will eventually. There has been like a 30% increase in gay friendly churches in the last 10 years.

More gay people are coming out which means more families becoming straight allies and wanting their churches to embrace them.

People are not going to stop using their religion to hate. My recommendation is that gay people marry in the Unitarian Church, where they don't have to deal with the haters.

Sure they will eventually. There has been like a 30% increase in gay friendly churches in the last 10 years.

More gay people are coming out which means more families becoming straight allies and wanting their churches to embrace them.

I think that's wonderful.

The freedom of religion, as well as the freedom from religion, mandates that individuals be free to politely excuse themselves from activities in which they do not wish to participate. An individual should no more be coerced to celebrate two gay people getting "married" (by being forced, for example, to bake a cake) than an atheist should be coerced to attend a church service.
No it does not. Learn to read, get a clue. The bill of rights is actually a list of restrictions on what government can do. There is no Mandate that individuals be free to politely excuse themselves from activities in which they do not wish to participate. You are making shit up.

Nor is there a mandate the individuals have to be forced to participate in activities they are religiously opposed to. Good luck forcing a Jewish deli to serve you a ham sandwich.

It's a bit trickier than that... depends on your religious tenants and how they apply to other people's civil liberties. For example, the civil rights acts mandates that people serving the public cannot discriminate. To discriminate who you serve to you have to create private arrangements with your customers, for example form a private club.

The freedom of religion, as well as the freedom from religion, mandates that individuals be free to politely excuse themselves from activities in which they do not wish to participate. An individual should no more be coerced to celebrate two gay people getting "married" (by being forced, for example, to bake a cake) than an atheist should be coerced to attend a church service.
No it does not. Learn to read, get a clue. The bill of rights is actually a list of restrictions on what government can do. There is no Mandate that individuals be free to politely excuse themselves from activities in which they do not wish to participate. You are making shit up.

Nor is there a mandate the individuals have to be forced to participate in activities they are religiously opposed to. Good luck forcing a Jewish deli to serve you a ham sandwich.

It's a bit trickier than that... depends on your religious tenants and how they apply to other people's civil liberties. For example, the civil rights acts mandates that people serving the public cannot discriminate. To discriminate who you serve to you have to create private arrangements with your customers, for example form a private club.

I think that is what is going to happen. I know the restaurant I own with our family, we are changing the name to club and charging membership fees starting Oct 1.

More out of principle than anything.

I think that is what is going to happen. I know the restaurant I own with our family, we are changing the name to club and charging membership fees starting Oct 1.

More out of principle than anything.
You can do the same thing for the health care issue... create a private health care club for you and your privately selected members and you can avoid ACA mandates. I can see the strangling actions being taken by the federal government gradually resulting in many private club arrangements.

Yes. He also said marriage is a man and a woman. You can't understand what divorce is unless you understand what marriage is.

Because at the time it was...it was also supposed to be kept among people of the same race according to the bible. Times change.

It's no longer only between a man and a woman. Welcome to the 21st century.

Yes. He also said marriage is a man and a woman. You can't understand what divorce is unless you understand what marriage is.

Because at the time it was...it was also supposed to be kept among people of the same race according to the bible. Times change.

Show us where the bible says marriage is to only be of the same race. You can't because it's not there. Now stop making shit up.

Show us where the bible says marriage is to only be of the same race. You can't because it's not there. Now stop making shit up.

What do you care if fags marry. Statistics say 75% of them will end in "divorce" anyway. At least this way some of them aren't being promiscuous however temporarily

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

Absolutely! Anything less is an infringement upon the ryghts of Homosexual-Americans to exercise their religious liberties guaranteed to us by the Constitution.

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Absolutely! Anything less is an infringement upon the ryghts of Homosexual-Americans to exercise their religious liberties guaranteed to us by the Constitution.

Let me know when the first fag couple is stupid enough to try to get married at a mosque

Of course wouldn't that put you dumb ass liberals in a pickle, which minority to take sides with.....................

Let me know when the first fag couple is stupid enough to try to get married at a mosque

Of course wouldn't that put you dumb ass liberals in a pickle, which minority to take sides with.....................

For the millionth time, I hate Moonslims. They are the embodiment of the global patriarchy and need to be eradicated, every last one, without hesitation. Every truly enlightened lybyryl has come to this same realization--that Islam (pronounced "I slam," as in "I slam planes into buildings") and all other religions are threats to the continued existence of humynity and need to be expunged from the historical record and present reality.

BUT BECAUSE YOU ASKED:
Imam in France marries two gay Muslims
An imam in France has approved the marriage of two men who had previously married in South Africa, where same-sex marriage is legal, but the French government refuses to recognize it.

The Muslim spiritual leader offered his blessing to French- Algerian Ludovic Mohamed Zahed and his partner, Qiyam al-Din, a South African, during a ceremony outside Paris February 12.

Pink News, Europe’s largest gay news service, reported on Monday about the marriage.

According to an April 2 report on al-Bawaba, the men first married according to Shari’a law before a Mauritian imam named Jamal who blessed their matrimony.

Zahed told France 24 that he met Din last year at a convention on AIDS in South Africa.

“I was in the lecture hall when an imam – who incidentally, is gay himself – introduced me to Din. We discovered we had a lot in common and a mutual admiration was cemented. I stayed on after the convention for two months, deciding to get married, since South African laws were more friendly [to same-sex unions].”

What do you care if fags marry. Statistics say 75% of them will end in "divorce" anyway. At least this way some of them aren't being promiscuous however temporarily

I'd like to see that study.

I care because I love the truth.

The US is still thought to not have consistent enough laws and paperwork for a legitimate study, but studies have been conducted in Norway, and Sweden

Researchers reported in 2006 that same-sex couples have a higher rate of divorce than heterosexual couples, even after accounting for factors such as age and country of birth—with two women more likely to split than two men.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323309604578431152673092608

I'm late to this thread, and I'm not reading all 125 pages. I'm just curious, are there any gay couples demanding particular churches be required to host their weddings?

Not through the courts, just through public opinion.

Was Jesus a hater?

He sure hated that fig tree. (LOL!) But, he never said anything against gay people.

He didn't have to. He supported everything that was in the Law.

Does that mean we should bring back slavery?

No, because we are not under the law, and even if we were, it doesn't command that we enslave anyone.

The US is still thought to not have consistent enough laws and paperwork for a legitimate study, but studies have been conducted in Norway, and Sweden

Researchers reported in 2006 that same-sex couples have a higher rate of divorce than heterosexual couples, even after accounting for factors such as age and country of birth—with two women more likely to split than two men.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323309604578431152673092608

There is absolutely no evidence of a 75% divorce rate.

Forum List

Back