Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Have you ever heard of such a church? And if there was one, no mixed race couples would be members and would never want to get married there.

Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples

Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples - ABC News

Tiny church, and they had that pastor step down.

The question was, "have you ever heard of such a church?" And the answer was yes, why yes I have.

They had a wacko pastor for about five minutes before they remedied the situation.

And remedy it they did. When you posted that old article, it had already been fixed.

Nothing in there about race. Try again.

YOU don't think they supported a segregationist view. The segregationist KNEW they did. They have a "deeply held religious belief" that races should be kept apart.

OH, I could make quite the compelling case that blacks , especially black men, SHOULD be segregated from society .

Now , before you lose what little mind you DO have notice I said I COULD make a case, not that I WOULD . THose are too significantly different statements.

OH, I could make quite the compelling case that blacks , especially black men, SHOULD be segregated from society .

Now , before you lose what little mind you DO have notice I said I COULD make a case, not that I WOULD . THose are too significantly different statements.

Segregationists DID (and they used the bible to justify their racism).

Segregationists DID (and they used the bible to justify their racism).

IF I make the argument,I'd leave the Bible at home, and instead rely on crime statistics and other metrics to justify it.

You believe what you want.

It isn't a matter of my beliefs, but theirs. That they believed the bible justified their racism is a fact.

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races show that he did not intend for the races to mix." ~ Judge Brazile 1963

It isn't a matter of my beliefs, but theirs. That they believed the bible justified their racism is a fact.

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races show that he did not intend for the races to mix." ~ Judge Brazile 1963

That's his personal belief. Nothing he said is in the Bible.

Odd, he didn't reference the Bible one time.

Words have meanings you know.

That's his personal belief. Nothing he said is in the Bible.

You should have been in the other thread where she claimed she had quotes from people before the civil war using the bible to justify slavery and I asked her for links and she linked me to TWO pieces of fiction LOL

Shim dumb shim real dumb

Should churches be forced to accommodate black weddings?

What about the tax status of the Church? [

Do they receive any tax breaks FROM the public who must make up the difference? If they do receive help from the public, their ability to discriminate against a portion of the public may change, provided that portion has the legal right to get married.

At the end of the day this is same old problem where a powerless group must beg for full citizenship. Whether it be the right to vote for women or the right to use a public bathroom for blacks or the right for gays to exercise their legal right to get married, there will always be a heavily manipulated group of under-educated citizens who try to destroy them.

Do they receive any tax breaks FROM the public who must make up the difference? If they do receive help from the public, their ability to discriminate against a portion of the public may change, provided that portion has the legal right to get married.

At the end of the day this is same old problem where a powerless group must beg for full citizenship. Whether it be the right to vote for women or the right to use a public bathroom for blacks or the right for gays to exercise their legal right to get married, there will always be a heavily manipulated group of under-educated citizens who try to destroy them.
Jesus was a hater and a bigot, huh.

Damn, talk about illiterate

The question isn't should gays be allowed to marry, the question is should they be allowed to force churches to marry them?

Forum List

Back