Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Have you ever heard of such a church? And if there was one, no mixed race couples would be members and would never want to get married there.

When the state seeks to impose its will upon the churches of the land, bloodshed is a heartbeat away.

No. In our country, the state does not have the authority to dictate what the church must *allow*.

So if churches should be allowed refuse to marry homosexuals couples, should they be allowed to refuse to marry mixed race couples if it goes against their doctrine?

Have you ever heard of such a church? And if there was one, no mixed race couples would be members and would never want to get married there.

Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples

Kentucky Church Bans Interracial Couples - ABC News

There is absolutely no evidence of a 75% divorce rate.

Oh, I made that part up. Isn't that it's done around here? Did I do it wrong?

Well, that's how most people do it, who aren't smarter than the average bear, or Fox News viewers, take your pick.

I watch Fox, but I'm pretty selective about what I watch on it. I'm not much into the "opinion guys"

You just made that up too. There is no such program on Fox News.

Show us where the bible says marriage is to only be of the same race. You can't because it's not there. Now stop making shit up.

The segregationist and anti miscongenationist had passages to support their position just like the homophobes!

After the Fall, what sort of marriages were introduced by men, which were productive of great evil?

“And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.” Gen. 6:1,2.

Not only was there plurality of wives, which in itself is an evil, but the “sons of God,” descending from Seth, married the “daughters of men,” the descendants from the idolatrous line of Cain, and thus corrupted the seed, or church, of God itself. All the barriers against evil thus being broken down, the whole race was soon corrupted, violence filled the earth, and the flood followed.

What restriction did God make respecting marriages in Israel?

“Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.” Num. 36:6.

What prohibition did God give His chosen people against intermarrying with the heathen nations about them, and why?

“Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following Me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.” Deut. 7:3,4.

Intermarriage with the ungodly was the mistake made by the professed people of God before the flood, and God did not wish Israel to repeat that folly.

What instruction is given in the New Testament regarding marriage with unbelievers?

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? and what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God.” 2 Cor. 6:14-16.

This instruction forbids all compromising partnerships. Marriage of believers with unbelievers has ever been a snare by which Satan has captured many earnest souls who thought they could win the unbelieving, but in most cases have themselves drifted away from the moorings of faith into doubt, backsliding, and loss of religion. It was one of Israel’s constant dangers, against which God warned them repeatedly. “Give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace [by such compromise] or their wealth forever.” Ezra 9:12. See also Ex. 34:14-16; Judges 14:1-3. Ezra 9 and 10; and Neh. 13:23-27.​

Well, that's how most people do it, who aren't smarter than the average bear, or Fox News viewers, take your pick.

I watch Fox, but I'm pretty selective about what I watch on it. I'm not much into the "opinion guys"

Carla knows cause she watches Fox 24/7

The US is still thought to not have consistent enough laws and paperwork for a legitimate study, but studies have been conducted in Norway, and Sweden

Researchers reported in 2006 that same-sex couples have a higher rate of divorce than heterosexual couples, even after accounting for factors such as age and country of birth—with two women more likely to split than two men.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887323309604578431152673092608

And that's what you get for using statistics from almost a decade ago.

Patterns of Relationship Recognition by Same-Sex Couples in the United States

What this more recent study found was: (and mind you, it was still from 2011...a few more states have joined the marriage equality states since then)

• Nearly 150,000 same-sex couples have either married or registered civil unions or domestic partnerships, which constitutes about one-fifth of same-sex couples in the U.S. (or rather, a fifth of those who acknowledged themselves as such in recent United States Census reports).
  • About 1% of the total number of currently-married or registered same-sex couples get divorced each year, in comparison to about 2% of the total number of married straight couples. Note that the percentage of couples that get divorced eventually is close to 50%, but only 1% or 2% of them get divorced in any particular year.
  • Couples are more likely to legally formalize their relationship when marriage is an option, as opposed to a marriage-equivalent domestic partnership or civil union registration in states where only those options are allowed.
  • Nearly two-thirds of registered or married same-sex couples are lesbians, and only about a third are gay men.
  • A smaller percentage of same-sex couples register or marry in comparison to straight couples, but if current trends continue the marriage/registration rates will be similar in about ten years.

Show us where the bible says marriage is to only be of the same race. You can't because it's not there. Now stop making shit up.

The segregationist and anti miscongenationist had passages to support their position just like the homophobes!

After the Fall, what sort of marriages were introduced by men, which were productive of great evil?

“And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, that the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.” Gen. 6:1,2.

Not only was there plurality of wives, which in itself is an evil, but the “sons of God,” descending from Seth, married the “daughters of men,” the descendants from the idolatrous line of Cain, and thus corrupted the seed, or church, of God itself. All the barriers against evil thus being broken down, the whole race was soon corrupted, violence filled the earth, and the flood followed.

What restriction did God make respecting marriages in Israel?

“Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.” Num. 36:6.

What prohibition did God give His chosen people against intermarrying with the heathen nations about them, and why?

“Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following Me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.” Deut. 7:3,4.

Intermarriage with the ungodly was the mistake made by the professed people of God before the flood, and God did not wish Israel to repeat that folly.

What instruction is given in the New Testament regarding marriage with unbelievers?

“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? and what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? and what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God.” 2 Cor. 6:14-16.

This instruction forbids all compromising partnerships. Marriage of believers with unbelievers has ever been a snare by which Satan has captured many earnest souls who thought they could win the unbelieving, but in most cases have themselves drifted away from the moorings of faith into doubt, backsliding, and loss of religion. It was one of Israel’s constant dangers, against which God warned them repeatedly. “Give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace [by such compromise] or their wealth forever.” Ezra 9:12. See also Ex. 34:14-16; Judges 14:1-3. Ezra 9 and 10; and Neh. 13:23-27.​
Nothing in there about race. Try again.

Tiny church, and they had that pastor step down. And then they changed the rule:

Gulnare Free Will Baptist church overturns ban on interracial marriage

Gulnare Free Will Baptist church overturns ban on interracial marriage World news theguardian.com

Last edited:

My own father was excommunicated from the catholic church when his fiance' refused to convert to catholicism and he married her anyway. And actually, my father was lead down a dark path and to his ultimate doom as a result. Oddly enough. He started out a good, decent and selfless man. I will always remember him as he was when he would give the shirt off his back to help a stranger.

He never could've sued the catholic church because his feelings were hurt for them disowning him. The catholic church doesn't bend to whims of the day or weird social subcultures. It remains very reticent to change its core values. That's because change + time, easily = a complete bastardization of the original purity of Jesus's teachings.

And that church ought to know. They threw Mary Magdalene under the bus and called her a whore and changed part of her gospels to be "John", the beloved but the only disciple unnamed [no sirname] and curiously the only non-pedigreed one of the bunch. Early roman society could simply not abide by women having any significant role in the church's power. At that in itself is a blasphemy that they'll have to answer for. It may in fact be the seed of all this "gay priest/pedophile stuff" ultimately. If they'd only welcomed women into the fold as leaders too early on, the frustrations of celebacy might not afflict their clergy by warping them sexually. Better to admit past mistakes and make corrections instead of allowing the devil's influence to constantly infect your ranks.

I'm just assuming they're holdilng back on further blasphemy. And they should. Someone has to do the hard work of holding fast to as many of the old true teachings as they can. Homo sapiens degrades with shocking haste into a wild motly crew of miserable villians without a firm moral structure to keep them in check. Time to dig out the gnostic gospels and give "John" a coming-out party. The catholic church is one of the last vestiges of one of the great prophets. We shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Boats need anchors.

Tiny church, and they had that pastor step down.

The question was, "have you ever heard of such a church?" And the answer was yes, why yes I have.

Carla knows that if such a program existed, you would have listed it by name.

Tiny church, and they had that pastor step down.

The question was, "have you ever heard of such a church?" And the answer was yes, why yes I have.
But race isn't sexual behaviors. They are legally not the same thing in the US.

Carla knows that if such a program existed, you would have listed it by name.

Are you serious? There is plenty of just NEWS on FoxNews, there is also plenty of just NEWS on CNN (not MSNBC though , that's just garbage)

You idiots are so stupid, trying to make it seem like a news channel doesn't have just news b/c you don't like some of their commentators.

Forum List

Back