Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
It's that the Supreme Court now legislates (act) their opinion in direct contravention of the separation of Church and State.

That's the problem I see.
Wouldn't that also be government over reach?

Government would not be able to overreach. That's the reason for the Supreme court.

But now the Supreme Court creates law and not just opinion.

This is the break and it began (to my mind) at R v W.

Yeah well, while you're statement is an accurate summation of the OP poll. Silly did'nt say that. Silly changed it to mean something completely different.

She said: "we believe a church should be able to deny gays marriage".

That is true...speaking ONLY of religious marriage.

The poll states "Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings." The answer chosen by 82.1% is "No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA."

That is not the same as "we believe a church should be able to deny gays marriage." Two completely different things.

^^^ And certainly not a correlation that Americans disapprove of marriage equality. The polls and the overwhelming majority of court decisions are in harmony in support of protecting all citizens' rights to marry the person they wish.

Yeah well, while you're statement is an accurate summation of the OP poll. Silly did'nt say that. Silly changed it to mean something completely different.

The poll states "Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings." The answer chosen by 82.1% is "No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA."

That is not the same as "we believe a church should be able to deny gays marriage." Two completely different things.

That is exactly the same thing. What planet are you from? 82% said they think that in America, no church should have to perform a gay wedding. Period.

So if you asked those 82% of hundreds who responded to that poll [amazing for USMB...big interest] these two questions, the answer might overwhelmingly be predicted to be #2:

1. Do you vigorously support gay marriage?

2. Do you somewhat support or don't support gay marriage?

You don't vigorously support something and then turn around and say, "but only if..."....

That is exactly the same thing. What planet are you from? 82% said they think that in America, no church should have to perform a gay wedding. Period.

So if you asked those 82% of hundreds who responded to that poll [amazing for USMB...big interest] these two questions, the answer might overwhelmingly be predicted to be #2:

1. Do you vigorously support gay marriage?

2. Do you somewhat support or don't support gay marriage?

You don't vigorously support something and then turn around and say, "but only if..."....

No retard it is not exactly the same thing, not even close. 82% said places of worship should not be required to hold gay weddings. Period. Your changing the term places of worship to churches is one change. Your changing their expression of being in America to thinking that in America no church should have to perform a gay wedding is also a change. Thinking this is America is a colloquialism, referring to the commonly used phrase here in America, the land of the free,...

WTH does supporting gay marriage mean? Prop it up, pay for it, pat it on the back? What is gay marriage? Define it.

Sil has lost this. Sil will state the poll means something that it doesn't, when in fact it correctly suggests that people support gay marriage along with the rights of churches do as they please

Sil has lost this. Sil will state the poll means something that it doesn't, when in fact it correctly suggests that people support gay marriage along with the rights of churches do as they please

This is my exact position. I support gay marriage, so much so, I got married to my husband a couples years ago in Boston. We've been together almost 14 years now. That being said, I fully support the church when it comes to not being forced to preform marriages against their wishes.

^^^^^^^^^^^ that is where marriage equality is heading with the growing majority of Americans.

Ayup.. and some sort of federal ban on restricting marriages from including consenting adult same sex couples.

This is my exact position. I support gay marriage, so much so, I got married to my husband a couples years ago in Boston. We've been together almost 14 years now. That being said, I fully support the church when it comes to not being forced to preform marriages against their wishes.
Liar. Would you support the church not marrying black people then? Quite interested in your reply on that question... Without realizing it, you just admitted that gay behaviors are:

1. Repugnant to many people [there are many many faithful christians]

2. Not equal to race.

Liar. Would you support the church not marrying black people then? Quite interested in your reply on that question... Without realizing it, you just admitted that gay behaviors are:

2. Not equal to race.

Mind your tone. I don't care whom churches choose to marry or not. It is no concern of mine.

I am well aware that quite a few people of faith find homosexuality repugnant. I am not a dunce.

2. Not equal to race.

Your comments indicate that you are beginning to struggle emotionally.

The comments above were clear and to the point and reasonable.

Yes, Sil, mind your tone when people are being decent to you.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

2. Not equal to race.

No, I used the word "Liar" literally, without emotion. Either s/he is lying or s/he believes race isn't = to gay sex. So you are saying you are in agreement with him, in an odd way. Do you realize that?

You are merely wrong, Sil, as usual.

That you have problem seeing it is merely your problem, no one else.

2. Not equal to race.

No, I used the word "Liar" literally, without emotion. Either s/he is lying or s/he believes race isn't = to gay sex. So you are saying you are in agreement with him, in an odd way. Do you realize that?

You called me liar, whether or not you assigned any emotion behind it. I haven't been rude or brazen with you at all and I would expect you to extend me the same courtesy.

And yes, I agree, sexuality and race have little in common; however, one can't deny that the arguments used to deny marriage equality amongst races are now being used against gays seeking marriage equality. They are hauntingly familiar in fact.

2. Not equal to race.

You called me liar, whether or not you assigned any emotion behind it. I haven't been rude or brazen with you at all and I would expect you to extend me the same courtesy.

And yes, I agree, sexuality and race have little in common; however, one can't deny that the arguments used to deny marriage equality amongst races are now being used against gays seeking marriage equality. They are hauntingly familiar in fact.

Oh no, I won't. If you know anything about me by now, I'm a strait shooter. I'm calling you out. Sorry if that offends you on this typically-contentous website.

You said that you are gay married and in support of gay marriage but that you simultaneously support churches to refuse to perform gay marriages. Which is of course abject bullshit. So I called you on it. And I provided the example of you being say, a black man, and having civil rights just pass...but then feigning being in support of churches not marrying black people.

I made the point for two reasons...to show how race and gay behaviors are not the same. And how you yourself even realize this and pointed it out inadvertently. Or you are lying and are mad as hell that a church wants to lock its doors to gay marriage. Which is it?

Sil writes the biggest lie of the day: "I'm a strait shooter."

I know many gays and lesbians who support the rights of churches to celebrate as they wish.

They difference is you want to box them all in the same box: pathologically stupid.

Forum List

Back