Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
You have no idea, Sil, as usual. 3/4 of folks polled in KY said she should have issued the licenses. I don't think she shold have been in jail. She should have been fined and all donations for her financial relief confiscated.
And yet KY just separated the two types of marriage licenses precisely because a man using the word "wife" or a woman "husband" are offensive to Christians and flat out lies.

Holy Zombie Thread, batman!

And KY did no such thing. As anyone can use any form.

Honestly, Sil.......lie to yourself if you must. But why bother lying to us? We know better. And you know we know better.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
"No, Gandalf, 'tis not. A dark power dwells in there. Such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits of the dead. I saw him, Gandalf, from out of the darkness. A Necromancer has come!" Radgast the Brown

The church can't force their ideals on anyone. But Gays CAN. Explain that to me, the disconnect here?
Well they can so long as a democrat or "gay marriage is beautiful" Trump aren't in the Whitehouse. Obergefell can and will get revisited. The children having no say about being separated as a matter of binding contract from either a mother or father for life thing...that's not going away. Neither is the Kim Davis issue.

The premise the Court started with was false. Behavior is not = to race. That's where the problem began.. You can't use PA laws to force upon Christians that which is nothing other than Rainbow Cult dogma..

"No, Gandalf, 'tis not. A dark power dwells in there. Such as I have never felt before. It is the shadow of an ancient horror. One that can summon the spirits of the dead. I saw him, Gandalf, from out of the darkness. A Necromancer has come!" Radgast the Brown
Yeah, I dug up a statistic you don't want voters to see right about now... poor mdk :itsok: ...he forgot about this thread with the largest poll ever at USMB...and one of the most popular threads too...look at that :eek: view count ...

You have no idea, Sil, as usual. 3/4 of folks polled in KY said she should have issued the licenses. I don't think she shold have been in jail. She should have been fined and all donations for her financial relief confiscated.
And yet KY just separated the two types of marriage licenses precisely because a man using the word "wife" or a woman "husband" are offensive to Christians and flat out lies.
Like the n word. Only blacks can say it. Or faggot. Only queers can use that term.

Only heteros should be able to use the word marriage. Anyone else using it is offensive to you.

Everyone should get one word.

No one has ever suggested that churches should be forced to perform same sex marriages. Marriage is a legal thing that must be licensed by the government, before anyone can perform the ceremony.

Kentucky is subordinate to the Constitution of the United States of America.

No one has ever suggested that churches should be forced to perform same sex marriages. Marriage is a legal thing that must be licensed by the government, before anyone can perform the ceremony.
Does the Constitution say "freedom of exercise of church"? Or "freedom of exercise of religion"?

It's OK, we both know the answer...

The church can't force their ideals on anyone. But Gays CAN. Explain that to me, the disconnect here?

Gays have the same rights as straights, the ideals of a church run the deck from human sacrifice, to snake charming and dancing, to protesting at the funeral of a member of our military killed in action, to providing for the needs of the poor and feeding the hungry. In words even you may understand, you've tried to equate human rights (apples) with a wide range of "ideals" (alligators).

Kentucky is subordinate to the Constitution of the United States of America.
Texas ain't.

This question can apply to all places of worship, so mosques, synagogues, hindu temples etc.

Should places or worship be forced to accommodate for gay weddings?

1. NO

2. But...if the pastor of a church chooses to be a government official, i.e., because he wants the legal authority to conduct civil marriages,

then he needs to obey the law.

Does the Constitution say "freedom of exercise of church"? Or "freedom of exercise of religion"?

It's OK, we both know the answer...
Again, marriage is a legal thing which can be blessed by a church, or not.

The marriage license is used the same for hetero or LGBT in one county in one state in the Union. She is not forced to sign. Someone else can. And when she is defeated for re-election this fall, the forms will go back to the previous ones. The "lies" is yours, Sil: marriage is marriage. Mainstream protestant religious favor LGBT marriage by 56% and evangelical by 27%, so your comment is a lie as well.

If Cruz were elected, Obergefell would be safe.

Yeah, I dug up a statistic you don't want voters to see right about now... poor mdk :itsok: ...he forgot about this thread with the largest poll ever at USMB...and one of the most popular threads too...look at that :eek: view count ...

This poll isn't that all compelling. You will not find many people in this tome of a thread that supports churches being forced to marry any couple, gay or otherwise. And no...Kim Davis isn't a church. People are not churches, dipshit. We've heard this tune before.

Kim has the religious right to believe as she wishes.

That belief is not protected in the Constitution to the extent she does not have to perform her job according to the law.

I am not fond of religion. I am totally opposed to gay marriage. It's unnecessary and silly. I don't like being dictated to by holier than thou groups with less than pure agendas. Religious or otherwise.

And yet Silhouette would force the children of homosexuals to be harmed- just so she can cause harm to homosexuals.

I am not fond of religion. I am totally opposed to gay marriage. It's unnecessary and silly. I don't like being dictated to by holier than thou groups with less than pure agendas. Religious or otherwise.
Thanks for your opinion, that and $5 will get you a cup of coffee.

Forum List

Back