Should Detroit's municipal retirees lose their pensions?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Lots of talk about doing that and i say go for it. These were all affirmative action hires and didn't deserve the job in the first place.

Lots of talk about doing that and i say go for it. These were all affirmative action hires and didn't deserve the job in the first place.

This message brought to you by the post modern Republican Party.

Do you fools think Detroit is the only bankrupt city?

Do you think only Democrats increased the gifts showered on public employees around the country during the Wall Street derivatives boom?

I strongly suggest you investigate the derivative schemes your own local metropolis is all wound up in. You might find your hair falling out.

Do you fools think Detroit is the only bankrupt city?

Do you think only Democrats increased the gifts showered on public employees around the country during the Wall Street derivatives boom?

I strongly suggest you investigate the derivative schemes your own local metropolis is all wound up in. You might find your hair falling out.

You're the one talking out of his ass.

You back up what you're saying or shut up and keep playing with yourself

So let me get this right.....Many of you feel it is a good thing for retired people to lose pensions promised to them from their employers namely us? Are we going to start doing this to soldiers and police and firemen?

At what point is our word still good?

Should we change all pension agreements for those not yet retired????? Oh hell yes we should. But I am not looking forward to yanking old people income cause politicians went to far.

It going to happen. We can't afford them anymore. But It damn well should be held off as long as possible and we should take no fucking joy in it....

Last edited:
They worked for them and deserve the pensions. Financial realities may force a smaller amount on them, but they should be paid. Maybe the city can float a bond or something after it gets on its feet. Maybe a penny or two rise in sales tax.

No, I don't think it is right that they won't be paid. The city contracted with them and should live up to its promises.

Work 35 years and have your pension pulled

Republican version of the American Dream

If you rob a bank, how much of it do you get to keep when the Law finally catches up to you?

You celebrate a 70 year old woman who spent her life working as a secretary for the city of Detroit losing her pension?

How would you react if you were that woman?

They worked for them and deserve the pensions. Financial realities may force a smaller amount on them, but they should be paid. Maybe the city can float a bond or something after it gets on its feet. Maybe a penny or two rise in sales tax.

No, I don't think it is right that they won't be paid. The city contracted with them and should live up to its promises.

"After it gets on its feet"....????

Sit_in_the_Corner_icon1476.jpg

This is what happens when everyone gets free stuff. If you work for a private company that goes belly up, what happens to your pension?? Why should government be any different?

If you don't manage your $$$ and spend more than you make, you get to go bankrupt and start all over. People do it every day to forgive debt, it's how it works.

Better do a double take if you're a federal employee.

Last edited:

If it was your mothers pension getting yanked? Are we now punishing the retired for the deals made by crooked politicians and even more crooked Union thugs?

float a bond? :wtf:

how do you think they got to where they are now? Spending and borrowing more then they can ever afford. At some point you have to stop the maddness...and face facts.

bankruptcy

no more money.....

If it was your mothers pension getting yanked? Are we now punishing the retired for the deals made by crooked politicians and even more crooked Union thugs?

I guess my mom would have to move in with us. The Federal Government shouldn't bail out any city. They don't have the $$$$.

Work 35 years and have your pension pulled

Republican version of the American Dream

If you rob a bank, how much of it do you get to keep when the Law finally catches up to you?

You celebrate a 70 year old woman who spent her life working as a secretary for the city of Detroit losing her pension?

How would you react if you were that woman?

1) Yes.

2) No way I could be that woman.

There ain't enough money to make me work in Dee-Troit.

Not gonna happen.

Besides, down here on Planet Earth, nobody is going to lose ALL their pensions and/or Health Benefits.

But they will take it in the ear.

All those year they were stealing and, yes.... They were flat-out fucking STEALING, they're lucky to get anything fr Dee-Troit.

It is THEIR fault Dee-Troit failed.

They have far, far, FAR more workers as a percent-to-taxpayers than almost any other City besides ultra-rich Cities like Sang Frang and one or two others.

They did it to themselves. Completely.

Let them suffer.

Bad

I guess my mom would have to move in with us. The Federal Government shouldn't bail out any city. They don't have the $$$$.

No we should honor our debts. I am also not talking about a bail out. I am talking about selling off assets to honor their debts. Even still they will get pennies on the dollar. If this was you or me this is how it would go down.

Forum List

Back