Should English be the official language of the United States?

English should be the official language just to save money if for nothing else. Government documents are in from a half dozen to a dozen languages. In California, alone, court forms are in half a dozen languages. Interpreters are required everywhere, at least on call.
It's too expensive. Make English the official language.

Ne. (Topical language these days!)
i still dont know what the official language of california is.......austrian?
th
Klingon? That would presuppose Californians are war like and honorable.........

Sorry, couldn't find a fairy...ummm, Elf dictionary
I'd go with Idiot Speak but it's spread to different parts of the country..........

iLuVsOcCuR: omg i wuz lyke tlkn 2 chris an he wuz lyk omg ur so hott
pRePgUrL: omgz u meen chris frm ur sci clas
iLuVsOcCuR: ya him hes so hott
pRePgUrL: omg ya tel me wat ahppnd tehn
iLuVsOcCuR: hes lyk do u wnat 2 go out w/ me
iLuVsOcCuR: i lyk dyd
iLuVsOcCuR: omgomgogmogm i kno rite
pRePgUrL: ogmogmogmoomg tahts amazng waht did u say
iLuVsOcCuR: ogmz i sed yes of cors!
pRePgUrL: lol lol lolzzz

Urban Dictionary: idiotspeak
This looks like Negro or Latino writing.

Remember Cheech Marin in "Born In East L.A." ?

Wa sappening!

English should be the official language just to save money if for nothing else. Government documents are in from a half dozen to a dozen languages. In California, alone, court forms are in half a dozen languages. Interpreters are required everywhere, at least on call.
The Canadians and the Swiss deal with multiple official languages just fine.

Here on doors to businesses they have entrance and exit in both English and Spanish seems a bit much to me.

Ha! Interesting.
I've been watching the PBS series "The Great War". In 1917, just 100 years ago, 1/3 of the people in this country had been born in a foreign country. So when the gov't printed posters to alert the male population to register for the draft, they had to print the posters in at least 8 different languages in cities across the country. It was OK for these immigrants to now turn around and go back to Europe and die for their new country. I suspect when Trump gets us into WW3 here, the same will happen again. So just shut the fuck up, OK, and get down off that pedestal.

i would guess that most of the cockroaches and rats in CallyFornia speak Spanish or Russian or Chinese by now

i would guess that most of the cockroaches and rats in CallyFornia speak Spanish or Russian or Chinese by now
Not Russian. But you are correct about the other two.

Most signs in California are in several languages --

- English

- Spanish

- Vietnamese

- Chinese

- Hindi

Etc.

The Canadians and the Swiss deal with multiple official languages just fine.
That's cause the Canadians and Swiss have to deal with the French in their respective counties........ :eusa_whistle:
:D

- English

- Spanish

- Vietnamese

- Chinese

- Hindi

Etc.
well at least the rats in los angeles eat well! no wonder some of them are 16 inches long

- English

- Spanish

- Vietnamese

- Chinese

- Hindi

Etc.

Not true but why should drumpf be the only globalist?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Here on doors to businesses they have entrance and exit in both English and Spanish seems a bit much to me.

Oh, poor you. See my post, no. 47 and learn a thing or two about this country. It will make you a better patriot.
I know the country very well as I also 95% of your post are partisan B.S. so thank you no.

Glad you know the country cuz you sure as hell don't know the language!
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Ha! Interesting.
I've been watching the PBS series "The Great War". In 1917, just 100 years ago, 1/3 of the people in this country had been born in a foreign country. So when the gov't printed posters to alert the male population to register for the draft, they had to print the posters in at least 8 different languages in cities across the country. It was OK for these immigrants to now turn around and go back to Europe and die for their new country. I suspect when Trump gets us into WW3 here, the same will happen again. So just shut the fuck up, OK, and get down off that pedestal.
You poor snowflake.

Why do all of you all (the plural of y'all) get so pissed at each other ??

This started as a high schooler's or middle schooler's pet civics project.

She just wants to know what everybody thinks.

Make sure you click on her link and answer her one-question poll.

Why do all of you all (the plural of y'all) get so pissed at each other ??

This started as a high schooler's or middle schooler's pet civics project.

She just wants to know what everybody thinks.

Make sure you click on her link and answer her one-question poll.
They'd rather fight. :dunno:

Forum List

Back