Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

When I was in the National Guard and would be out on manuers , the field kitchen cook was a fat sergeant that smoked cigars while cooking....had not bathed in a week..I lost a lot of weight during the two weeks we were in the field....

“I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that."

Why is this such a controversial position? If the government requires that a business post a sign (inform their customer patronage) that the servers do not wash their hands...the governments role in the transaction is over. Only really stupid people would visit a Starbucks which posted such a sign. These would be the people beyond even government attempts to help.

Requiring them to post the sign saying employees must wash their hands and poof, the governments role is just as much over.

Guy wants a regulation, though he's pretending he doesn't.

When I was in the National Guard and would be out on manuers , the field kitchen cook was a fat sergeant that smoked cigars while cooking....had not bathed in a week..I lost a lot of weight during the two weeks we were in the field....

Well, I feel badly for admitting this, but there is a Down's girl who works at a fast food place that I used to go to sometimes for lunch, and I really wasn't very pleased when she would handle my food. I don't know how cognizant she is about the importance of not picking your butt or your nose or something when handling food. I don't know how appropriate it is to have a mentally challenged person handling food. Granted, she would only hand it to me already bagged and she mostly used the cash register, but still. Things that make you go HMMMMM. :D

“I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom. The market will take care of that."

Why is this such a controversial position? If the government requires that a business post a sign (inform their customer patronage) that the servers do not wash their hands...the governments role in the transaction is over. Only really stupid people would visit a Starbucks which posted such a sign. These would be the people beyond even government attempts to help.

Requiring them to post the sign saying employees must wash their hands and poof, the governments role is just as much over.

Guy wants a regulation, though he's pretending he doesn't.

That would be two regulations. One requiring that employees wash their hands, and one requiring that a sign be posted about hand washing.

It's too much of a smear piece to make sense of. The article was clearly written to minimize the author's enemies. My guess is that the issue is whether there needs to be a federal law. This state has that law already. Why get the feds involved and why create another wing of the health department to make sure employees are washing hands. Do laws stop people from killing each other? How is a federal law going to make a douche wash his hands? It should be up to the business really.

I'll add that if you think you are living in a pristine environment where the public is allowed admittance you have blinders on. I recently learned just how filthy liberals are. I spent about two days doing contract work in a Barnes and Nobles/Starbucks restrooms in a very liberal area. Men and women's.

Now I've been going to restrooms for some time and maybe 1 guy out of 10 will jet out the door without washing hands. In the very liberal atmosphere of the store it was just the opposite. Rarely did I see a guy wash his hands, maybe 1 in 10. And that includes doing the #2. I notice all the gals washed though, they weren't supposed to come in while I was there but many said fuck it and weren't using the men's room. Can't say I blame them.

So if you go to a store in a liberal area and handle the goods you are handling feces and urine coated materials.

Tillis decries FEDERAL regulation of things like hand washing. For the lying left (not that there is any other sort of left) there IS NO FEDERAL REGULATION TO WASH HANDS - all 50 states have health mandates, but these are state level - as they should be.

Tillis stuck his foot in his mouth - I understand his Libertarian philosophy, but he should have known the Communists would use this against him.

Well, I feel badly for admitting this, but there is a Down's girl who works at a fast food place that I used to go to sometimes for lunch, and I really wasn't very pleased when she would handle my food. I don't know how cognizant she is about the importance of not picking your butt or your nose or something when handling food. I don't know how appropriate it is to have a mentally challenged person handling food. Granted, she would only hand it to me already bagged and she mostly used the cash register, but still. Things that make you go HMMMMM. :D

I'd trust the downs girl far more than the average Taco Bell hipster.

k-bigpic-800x400.jpg

It's too much of a smear piece to make sense of. The article was clearly written to minimize the author's enemies. My guess is that the issue is whether there needs to be a federal law. This state has that law already. Why get the feds involved and why create another wing of the health department to make sure employees are washing hands. Do laws stop people from killing each other? How is a federal law going to make a douche wash his hands? It should be up to the business really.

I'll add that if you think you are living in a pristine environment where the public is allowed admittance you have blinders on. I recently learned just how filthy liberals are. I spent about two days doing contract work in a Barnes and Nobles/Starbucks restrooms in a very liberal area. Men and women's.

Now I've been going to restrooms for some time and maybe 1 guy out of 10 will jet out the door without washing hands. In the very liberal atmosphere of the store it was just the opposite. Rarely did I see a guy wash his hands, maybe 1 in 10. And that includes doing the #2. I notice all the gals washed though, they weren't supposed to come in while I was there but many said fuck it and weren't using the men's room. Can't say I blame them.

So if you go to a store in a liberal area and handle the goods you are handling feces and urine coated materials.

Tillis decries FEDERAL regulation of things like hand washing. For the lying left (not that there is any other sort of left) there IS NO FEDERAL REGULATION TO WASH HANDS - all 50 states have health mandates, but these are state level - as they should be.

Tillis stuck his foot in his mouth - I understand his Libertarian philosophy, but he should have known the Communists would use this against him.

State/Federal.... It does not matter. If a Starbucks were to post the sign - "Our employees do not wash their hands before they serve you", they would be out of business within a week. The government would not be needed to require washing, and the Senators point would stand.

State/Federal.... It does not matter. If a Starbucks were to post the sign - "Our employees do not wash their hands before they serve you", they would be out of business within a week. The government would not be needed to require washing, and the Senators point would stand.

I agree, but his statement was still stupid, as he gave his critics a club to beat him with.

I agree, but his statement was still stupid, as he gave his critics a club to beat him with.

Well, there is that old adage..."Give someone a club, and everything looks like a hairy mammoth"...

k-bigpic-800x400.jpg
10613079_10154577978865167_8392765498429595450_n.jpg

k-bigpic-800x400.jpg
10613079_10154577978865167_8392765498429595450_n.jpg

Asshole awareness day?

Must be everyday for a guy with your avatar....chuckle

A tea party Senator from North Carolina says no. Is he an average bagger of tea or is he dumber than the rest of them?
Thom Tillis questions food workers mandate to wash hands. Legitimate or gross - Yahoo News

First of all, why on earth would he be talking about this particular issue. Of course they should wash their hands. That is a no brainer. Where do they come up with these crazy people. Who is choosing these candidates?
It's one of those 'onerous' regulations that amounts to a 'job killer'.

The Tea Bagger would not require personal hygiene. Once a customer gets sick that customer could sue the food vendor, or until the Tea Baggers push for tort reform so businesses are no longer burdened by 'frivolous' lawsuits!

" ... as long as they post a sign ..."

IOW, he's just replacing one govt regulation with another.

That's pretty dumb but what is inexcusable is that, in the name of smaller govt, he wants to replace a safe regulation with one that would insure illness.

Funny about RWs. They SAY they want smaller government but they really don't.

" ... as long as they post a sign ..."

IOW, he's just replacing one govt regulation with another.

That's pretty dumb but what is inexcusable is that, in the name of smaller govt, he wants to replace a safe regulation with one that would insure illness.

Funny about RWs. They SAY they want smaller government but they really don't.

Don't be silly Luddly. He is proposing replacing two regulations with one regulation. We could always employ a strategy in the other direction. Say, replacing two regulations with seven regulations.

Hmmm...I wonder which font would be the best government approved font for the sign ...

But, that is idiotic. The government would have to "mandate" they post a sign that they don't care if their employees wash their hands because no sensible restaurant owner would post such a sign on their own, unless you're Tillis or some other conservative thinking that you are exercising good judgment.
Unlike yourself, of course. Yes, it would be a law, his point is that it would be far more effective and efficient to have that, as an example of how left wing loons think they can solve problems with more government. You clearly don't understand the point.

It does highlight the difference between the left and right though. The liberal would create yet another federal agency with thousands of employees and bureaucracy running around the country inspecting hands, and taxing us to pay for it all when a simple solution would work.

Quit making up bullshit. The government doesn't go around checking restaurant employee's hands and we've had those signs for years. I guess conservative employees should go ahead and exercise their ignorant attitudes and not wash their hands.....nobody would know the difference and they would certainly have one over all the people because they are more concerned about their own personal rights even if it goes against society.

And, the one solution you are suggesting would work only if restaurant owners were stupid enough to post a sign saying they didn't care. I'm sure you would rather go to a restaurant where employees have the right to serve your food after they've gone to the bathroom, touched their genitals and didn't wash their hands....that's way more patriotic for you.
I didn't say government checks hands. The signs were voluntary. No one suggested not washing hands. The point was that the marketplace would do it better than government. You got every point wrong.

This is what you said........

The liberal would create yet another federal agency with thousands of employees and bureaucracy running around the country inspecting hands,

Maybe you need to make a note to yourself when you post so you can remember what you post. So, who is bureaucracy? And, since we have had those signs for as long as I can remember, your statement is bullshit, because I've never seen anyone checking hands at bathrooms. But, if you think some restaurant owner is going to post a sign saying they don't mandate employees to wash their hands, you're as batty as Tillis.

But, that is idiotic. The government would have to "mandate" they post a sign that they don't care if their employees wash their hands because no sensible restaurant owner would post such a sign on their own, unless you're Tillis or some other conservative thinking that you are exercising good judgment.
Unlike yourself, of course. Yes, it would be a law, his point is that it would be far more effective and efficient to have that, as an example of how left wing loons think they can solve problems with more government. You clearly don't understand the point.

It does highlight the difference between the left and right though. The liberal would create yet another federal agency with thousands of employees and bureaucracy running around the country inspecting hands, and taxing us to pay for it all when a simple solution would work.

Quit making up bullshit. The government doesn't go around checking restaurant employee's hands and we've had those signs for years. I guess conservative employees should go ahead and exercise their ignorant attitudes and not wash their hands.....nobody would know the difference and they would certainly have one over all the people because they are more concerned about their own personal rights even if it goes against society.

And, the one solution you are suggesting would work only if restaurant owners were stupid enough to post a sign saying they didn't care. I'm sure you would rather go to a restaurant where employees have the right to serve your food after they've gone to the bathroom, touched their genitals and didn't wash their hands....that's way more patriotic for you.
I didn't say government checks hands. The signs were voluntary. No one suggested not washing hands. The point was that the marketplace would do it better than government. You got every point wrong.
It is a state and local issue, bottom line.

Get the Feds out of our restrooms!!!!

; -)

Yeah, cause the red states would opt for having management put a sign saying:

"We don't mandate that our employees handling your food wash their hands"

That's the way it is coming across...........makes a lot of conservative sense.....:D

The marketplace will take care of it.

How many people would patronize a restaurant that didn't require basic hygiene from their employees.

Liberals might, but that's only because they can't think for themselves and require instruction for even the most basic human activities

You are really ignorant if you think any restaurant owner is going to be stupid enough to post a sign saying "We don't care if our employees wash their hands after they use the bathroom" - only ignorant conservatives can come up with such idiotic suggestions.

That's not how it would work.

Liberal restaurants would maximize their profits by reheating yesterdays leftovers in toilet water and serving it as Today's Chef Specials.

Conservative restaurants would been known for their cleanliness, attention to detail and maniacal devotion to quality and customer service.

^ My favorite restaurant, Bravo Gianni (RIP)

That's why your economies always end in breadlines

^ Progressive Mecca where government feeds you

Yeah.....conservative restaurants are going to have this sign posted at the entrance.

"MANAGEMENT HERE DOES NOT MANDATE OUR EMPLOYEES TO WASH THEIR HANDS WHEN THEY HANDLE YOUR FOOD, IF YOU GET SALMONELLA OR FOOD POISONING, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

Forum List

Back