Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

I can't believe Republican/conservatives are arguing over having to be told to wash their hands..........if Obama were to come out in support of oxygen, I wonder how many would hold their breath.........:D

Do they seriously need a freaking LAW to make them wash their hands?
I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

You are so ignorant....obviously you've never worked with teenagers. And, based on your inane comments, you'd opt for a restaurant posting a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands. You'd be comfortable at such an establishment because you probably don't even wash your hands, you're like Roadrunner....he just uses sanitizer.....

Lol.

"ONLY THE STATE CAN DICTATE WHEN TO WASH SHIT OFF YOUR HANDS!"

Only an ignorant person would be okay with a restaurant not expecting that of their employees....:eek:

English isn't your first language, is it? I never said restaurants shouldn't expect their employees to wash their hands as a condition of their employment.

In fact, I said exactly the opposite.

I guess it's opposite day for Mertex.

Mertex sounds like she's been a dishwasher for a looong time.

I have a dishwasher, dear....but you sound like you're used to eating shit.

It hurts when you can't climb the ladder of success, I'm sure.

Just remember, wash your hands before you return to work. I don't want to eat off a dish you've contaminated with your feces, if I ever dine in whatever fine establishment has hired you.

Gads, how did I get sucked into a retardosation with Mertex? I used to have her on ignore...this is a serious malfunction. I may sue.

Mertex sounds like she's been a dishwasher for a looong time.

Under proposed RW rules, the dishwasher's hands are a lot cleaner that your server's.

I swear, just when I think you tee potty RWs can't get any dumber .................

I can't believe Republican/conservatives are arguing over having to be told to wash their hands..........if Obama were to come out in support of oxygen, I wonder how many would hold their breath.........:D

Yep.

Remember this ...?

Obama and another guy are fishing in a boat. The guy falls overboard and is drowning. Obama gets out of the boat, walks on water, and saves the mans life. The headline of the event the next morning: "Obama can't swim".

I think the objection is to nanny state, not hand washing. Lefties don't believe the average food handler has the intelligence to wash his or her hands...and they don't think the average restaurant owner should have the authority to require them to as a condition of their employment. ONLY THE STATE IS ALLOWED TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT TO DO!

Lol. I'm assuming that here in Oregon we already have this stupid law, because there are stupid signs in every public restroom where food is served that says FOOD HANDLERS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK.

What a lot of money wasted on nothing except more leftist state involvement with what we do with our private parts, and how we manage them.

You are so ignorant....obviously you've never worked with teenagers. And, based on your inane comments, you'd opt for a restaurant posting a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands. You'd be comfortable at such an establishment because you probably don't even wash your hands, you're like Roadrunner....he just uses sanitizer.....

Lol.

"ONLY THE STATE CAN DICTATE WHEN TO WASH SHIT OFF YOUR HANDS!"

Only an ignorant person would be okay with a restaurant not expecting that of their employees....:eek:

English isn't your first language, is it?
This is what you said:

So, you are advocating that there be no law requiring employees to wash their hands.

I never said restaurants shouldn't expect their employees to wash their hands as a condition of their employment.
No, idiot, you said there shouldn't be a law requiring employees to wash their hands. So, all those people that go to the bathroom and walk out without washing their hands are okay with you, even if they are handling your food.

In fact, I said exactly the opposite.
If restaurants require their employees to wash their hands, but there is no law saying they must, if you get sick, you are shit out of luck. The restaurant won't be held accountable....and that is what you and your ignorant politician are suggesting.

I guess it's opposite day for Mertex.
I guess it's just a typical dumb down day for you.

Wow. You lefties can't connect the dots even when someone does it for you. LOL
Poor thing...you still don't get it, do you?
But I do. You want rw's from evil red states to handle their filthy nads and rub them all over your hamburger. We get it.

You're the one that is arguing they shouldn't have to wash their hands.....you must just love those nad tasting burgers.
I'm the one pointing out that making them put up a sign that they aren't enforcing any hand washing rule will do more than the government could do. It isn't exactly rocket science.

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Okay, one RW says it didn't happen.
Another says he was being "facetious".
And now, its part of The Great Liberal Conspiracy.

Next?
:lmao:

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone. :D You've been OUTED now. Lol. :lol:

What are you talking about?

You were trying to make it seem as if he was saying that employees should NOT wash their hands, when that is not what he was saying at all. He was saying he feels no need to have the feds involved and that if a restaurant owner is to NOT require employees to wash their hands, then perhaps he should have a sign out that says so, and obviously nobody would eat there. Lol. He was being facetious.
The funny thing is the left thinks that a law, words on paper , will make the fat cow that hates her job at buger king washes her hands everytime.

They paper the walls of the restaurants in Oregon with those stupid FOOD SERVICE EMPLOYEES MUST WASH HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK! They're in multiple language and even have pictures.

Does it make a difference? Hell no! But if their BOSS told them "You repugnant turd, get in there and wash your hands or walk out and don't come back" you can bet they'd get the idea quick enough.

But that would require some ACCOUNTABILITY and would allow business owners to actually run their businesses in a way that benefits more people...and we sure as HELL can't have that.

Without government intervention, how would liberals tells the difference between pastrami and deer turds?

For all we know there's a deli in a liberal city that's maximizing their profits by passing off deer turds as pastrami!!!

Liberals are helpless and powerless to stop it

Is it possible for one more nutter to fuck up plural and singular forms in this thread?

Without government intervention, how would liberals tells the difference between pastrami and deer turds?

For all we know there's a deli in a liberal city that's maximizing their profits by passing off deer turds as pastrami!!!

Liberals are helpless and powerless to stop it

Did the staff wash their hands before slicing the deer turds?

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

Okay, one RW says it didn't happen.
Another says he was being "facetious".
And now, its part of The Great Liberal Conspiracy.

Next?
:lmao:

Sorry, but you aren't fooling anyone. :D You've been OUTED now. Lol. :lol:

What are you talking about?

You were trying to make it seem as if he was saying that employees should NOT wash their hands, when that is not what he was saying at all. He was saying he feels no need to have the feds involved and that if a restaurant owner is to NOT require employees to wash their hands, then perhaps he should have a sign out that says so, and obviously nobody would eat there. Lol. He was being facetious.
The funny thing is the left thinks that a law, words on paper , will make the fat cow that hates her job at buger king washes her hands everytime.

No, we know that you won't wash your hands at your job at buger king, but at least the owner won't be held responsible when you make people sick.

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

Tillis Give Firms More Leeway on Sanitation Other Mandates - ABC News

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

No, you righttards are trying to deflect the comment from your ignorant politician who said that companies shouldn't be made to force their employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.....how utterly disgusting, only righttards would feel that way.

Forum List

Back