Should food handlers be required to wash their hands?

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

Tillis Give Firms More Leeway on Sanitation Other Mandates - ABC News

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.
You can't even be facetious in this country anymore, without dickwad left getting bent out of shape.

You're saying he was being "facetious"?

Watch the video and read the update. He was and is serious.

I still say the funniest part of this is that he wants to replace one regulation with another regulation.

Right....and a stupid one at that, one that I'm sure the dumbest businessman wouldn't even consider.

Wow. You lefties can't connect the dots even when someone does it for you. LOL
Poor thing...you still don't get it, do you?
But I do. You want rw's from evil red states to handle their filthy nads and rub them all over your hamburger. We get it.

You're the one that is arguing they shouldn't have to wash their hands.....you must just love those nad tasting burgers.
I'm the one pointing out that making them put up a sign that they aren't enforcing any hand washing rule will do more than the government could do. It isn't exactly rocket science.

Yeah, because we know that only a retard business owner would put up a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands.....only in conservative lalaland.

Mertex sounds like she's been a dishwasher for a looong time.

I have a dishwasher, dear....but you sound like you're used to eating shit.

It hurts when you can't climb the ladder of success, I'm sure.
I'm sure no one here is interested in your problems. Maybe if you go back to school you'll have a better chance at finding a job.

Just remember, wash your hands before you return to work. I don't want to eat off a dish you've contaminated with your feces, if I ever dine in whatever fine establishment has hired you.

I'm sure whatever feces is in your dish will come from your own dirty hands, you're the one that agrees with Tillis and other rightwing nutjobs who think servers shouldn't have to wash their hands.

Here's an update from Fecal Fingers Tillis. Notice he has not changed his position.

http://abc11.com/politics/ncs-new-s...e-forced-to-make-employees-wash-hands/502920/
"We're one of the most heavily regulated nations in the history of the planet," Tillis told audience members at a Washington, D.C. think tank on Monday.

While making a larger point about what he believes is government over-regulation, Tillis mentioned a recent conversation with a constituent at a Charlotte-area Starbucks.

He said government rules were burdening businesses, and companies should be allowed to opt out -- even when it comes to rules that require restaurant employees wash their hands before returning to work.

"I said I don't have a problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as they post a sign that says we don't require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restroom," Tillis said to audience laughter. "The market will take care of that."

Well, he's right. How is the government going to make sure employees wash their hands? Video cameras in rest rooms is about the only way I can see. I seldom eat out because restaurants often have the lower rung employees, I take nothing for granted.

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

No, you righttards are trying to deflect the comment from your ignorant politician who said that companies shouldn't be made to force their employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.....how utterly disgusting, only righttards would feel that way.

Well, I think you are just a bitch, so . . . that explains pretty much everything about you. :D

Wow. You lefties can't connect the dots even when someone does it for you. LOL
But I do. You want rw's from evil red states to handle their filthy nads and rub them all over your hamburger. We get it.

You're the one that is arguing they shouldn't have to wash their hands.....you must just love those nad tasting burgers.
I'm the one pointing out that making them put up a sign that they aren't enforcing any hand washing rule will do more than the government could do. It isn't exactly rocket science.

Yeah, because we know that only a retard business owner would put up a sign saying they don't require their employees to wash their hands.....only in conservative lalaland.

I think the man's point went over your head, but that's not very difficult. LOL. :D

Oh, I see. So the dishonest leftists are trying to make this look like something that it isn't. Interesting. :D

No, you righttards are trying to deflect the comment from your ignorant politician who said that companies shouldn't be made to force their employees to wash their hands after they use the bathroom.....how utterly disgusting, only righttards would feel that way.

Well, I think you are just a bitch, so . . . that explains pretty much everything about you. :D

Can't handle the truth, eh? Slut.

:lol: The truth is that you're an idiot. I can handle it just fine.

I think the man's point went over your head, but that's not very difficult. LOL. :D

You're the stupidest bitch on this forum.....quit trying to explain things you don't even understand.....go post another picture of yourself somewhere.

Says the moron who can't even debate a topic, but just resorts to slurs and insults....you're brain damaged.

I'm sure no one here is interested in your problems. Maybe if you go back to school you'll have a better chance at finding a job.

Just remember, wash your hands before you return to work. I don't want to eat off a dish you've contaminated with your feces, if I ever dine in whatever fine establishment has hired you.

I'm sure whatever feces is in your dish will come from your own dirty hands, you're the one that agrees with Tillis and other rightwing nutjobs who think servers shouldn't have to wash their hands.

Look dumbass. He said he doesn't think the FEDS should be involved and that it should be left up to the states. THAT is how it's been handled . . . . forever. Maybe you need to wash the feces off your disgusting fugly face?

Says the moron who can't even debate a topic, but just resorts to slurs and insults....you're brain damaged.

Oh, well isn't that ironic and hilarious. Lol. :D Clean the feces out of your mouth as well. I can smell your poop breath from here, and it STINKS. :lol: You're disgusting.

Look dumbass. He said he doesn't think the FEDS should be involved and that it should be left up to the states. THAT is how it's been handled . . . . forever. Maybe you need to wash the feces off your disgusting fugly face?

He said absolutely nothing about "the FEDS".

There is no federal law requiring employees to wash hands, and no such law has been suggested. He is speaking of state regulation.

I think you've been putting your ugly clown face up Obama's arse too often lately. You stink like poo and everything that comes out of your old saggy mouth is poo. :D

I heard what came out of his mouth, idiot. Unless you can post a video where he says what you think he said, you ought to just STFU. You're not smart enough to debate, you may just want to go back to the lounge where you can post your bullshit.

I think you've been putting your ugly clown face up Obama's arse too often lately. You stink like poo and everything that comes out of your old saggy mouth is poo. :D

Oooh, somebody just got out of junior high......trying to debate with adults.

There is no federal law requiring employees to wash hands, and no such law has been suggested. He is speaking of state regulation.

THIS is what it is about, government oversights making things difficult for businesses. The handwashing thing was just an EXAMPLE. I certainly hope you aren't as dishonest as that ugly clown faced lady. :D

At Jimmy V's Osteria in downtown Raleigh, we saw plenty of employees washing their hands. We spoke to diners who unsurprisingly expect nothing less.

"I absolutely would like everybody in the restaurant industry to wash their hands and be required to do so," said Jennifer Knox.

"I also wash my hands before I cook a meal and so I would think that everybody should, yes," said Margaret Eagles.

Tillis and his town hall host laughed about the comment.

"Well I'm not sure I'm going to shake your hand", the host said to more audience laughter.

However, Tillis' off-hand comments did raise eyebrows in Washington. There was a flurry of headlines about it.

The comments did raise an age-old Washington question, how much government is too much government?

"I think we're over regulated", said Jimmy V's Head Chef Jeffrey Russell.

Russell insists he'd never cut corners on hand washing requirements for employees, but he agreed that some government rules can be burdensome at times.

"There are many rules that change constantly and we're not always kept up to date. You'll get a health inspection one quarter and the second quarter it becomes an issue," Russell said.

I heard what came out of his mouth, idiot. Unless you can post a video where he says what you think he said, you ought to just STFU. You're not smart enough to debate, you may just want to go back to the lounge where you can post your bullshit.

Shut up, dummy. You aren't worth my time. Go wallow in your poop.

THIS is what it is about, government oversights making things difficult for businesses. The handwashing thing was just an EXAMPLE. I certainly hope you aren't as dishonest as that ugly clown faced lady. :D

At Jimmy V's Osteria in downtown Raleigh, we saw plenty of employees washing their hands. We spoke to diners who unsurprisingly expect nothing less.

"I absolutely would like everybody in the restaurant industry to wash their hands and be required to do so," said Jennifer Knox.

"I also wash my hands before I cook a meal and so I would think that everybody should, yes," said Margaret Eagles.

"Well I'm not sure I'm going to shake your hand", the host said to more audience laughter.

However, Tillis' off-hand comments did raise eyebrows in Washington. There was a flurry of headlines about it.

The comments did raise an age-old Washington question, how much government is too much government?

Russell insists he'd never cut corners on hand washing requirements for employees, but he agreed that some government rules can be burdensome at times.

"There are many rules that change constantly and we're not always kept up to date. You'll get a health inspection one quarter and the second quarter it becomes an issue," Russell said.

Of course he's using it as an "example".

The point is, it's a really bad example that no one in their right mind could actually support.

Of course he's using it as an "example".

The point is, it's a really bad example that no one in their right mind could actually support.

I agree. I ALREADY stated that I think the states have every right to regulate the restaurant industry but NOT the feds. If the federal government is thinking of getting involved in ANOTHER issue that has absolutely nothing to do with them, they should go screw off.

This is actually a really good example of why regulation is needed, not why regulation is bad.

That's what Tillis (and you) aren't seeming to understand.

Forum List

Back