🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Freddie Gray family RETURN the $6.4 million baltimore gave them???

No, the fact of the matter is that laws need to be changed in this country.

1. Governments should by law not be allowed to settle a civil suit prior to any criminal suits.

2. People who sue the government for negligence should be required to pay the government's legal expenses if they lose.

3. People who riot should be charged with a federal crime and be locked up for a long time.

Until those things change, here is why Baltimore settled.

Their lawyers told them "look we can pay them $6.4M or we can risk riots that cost $30M in damages" and obviously it was cheaper to just pay the family.

Return it???

It's as good as spent. Within 2 years it'll all be spent on liquor, lottery tickets and new cars & tvs.

Return it???

It's as good as spent. Within 2 years it'll all be spent on liquor, lottery tickets and new cars & tvs.

On the plus side of that. Probably the first time anyone in that family has ever paid any taxes.

That's how much baltimore gave the family last september because of the death of freddie . And now another cop is found not guilty and the city is shown to not have been at fault. Why didn't the city wait until after the trials.?

Here's link to the settlement last year.

Baltimore to pay Freddie Gray's family $6.4 million to settle civil claims

criminal culpability and civil liability have different standards of proof.

so the answer is no.... same as Nicole Brown Simpson's family didn't give back *their* settlement

maybe Zimmerman should give back the money that he got for the gun he murdered travon martin with.

That's how much baltimore gave the family last september because of the death of freddie . And now another cop is found not guilty and the city is shown to not have been at fault. Why didn't the city wait until after the trials.?

so the answer is no.... same as Nicole Brown Simpson's family didn't give back *their* settlement

maybe Zimmerman should give back the money that he got for the gun he murdered travon martin with.

So now if you commit suicide while in custody your family gets millions? Wow. Lots of deranged people are gonna martyr themselves if that's the new norm.

Funny that you throw around legal terms and then call Martin's shooting murder, when murder is a legal term and Zimmerman was found not guilty of such.

• Banned

I know that, you nitwit. But if the city had waited, the settlement would have a lot less and maybe zero.

And the Brown family sued simpson not the govt so your analogy falls apart right there. THINK, maggot-brain.

So now if you commit suicide while in custody your family gets millions? Wow. Lots of deranged people are gonna martyr themselves if that's the new norm.

Cheaper in the long run, how many kids would Grey have had who ended up on welfare in his life time?

Nicole brown simpson's family never got a penny. That sleazeball never paid a cent. Hope the mofo rots in prison.

On the plus side of that. Probably the first time anyone in that family has ever paid any taxes.

The govt has the data on how much income tax negroes pay and they should give it to us. I bet whites collectively pay a thousand times more than our dusky friends.

On one hand I think arresting someone for selling cigs is dumb, but on the other I don't see where the cops deserves prison time for what they did.

I pray no ore riots occur or the democrats will probably lose the election in a landslide.

On one hand I think arresting someone for selling cigs is dumb, but on the other I don't see where the cops deserves prison time for what they did.

I pray no ore riots occur or the democrats will probably lose the election in a landslide.

Hey einstein. You're confusing this with the eric garner case.

Nicole brown simpson's family never got a penny. That sleazeball never paid a cent. Hope the mofo rots in prison.

After simpson was found not guilty, he should have never even been sued. THINK
I did think. They sued for civil damages and won, he did not pay a cent. And for the record? It has always been my opinion that the damned jury could have watched him butcher Nicole and Ron and still found him not guilty. It was payback for Rodney King.

After simpson was found not guilty, he should have never even been sued. THINK

Personally I believe civil cases should be illegal when there are allegations of a crime.

In this particular case, the presiding Judge easily could have dealt out punitive damages to the family he had felt the city was responsible for the death.

Blame greedy lawyers. I bet the family lawyer got at least $2M of that $6M verdict.

Hey einstein. You're confusing this with the eric garner case.

Theirs too many to keep track of. :(

Well had Zimmerman murdered the worthless piece of shit Martin you might have a point.

Actually the City of Baltimore has not been found to be without "fault." One police officer has been found not guilty of the offense he was charged with. Guilt and fault are not the same.

The criterion for determination in a criminal trial is guilt or innocence. In a civil trial it is right or wrong. So while a judge in a criminal trial has decided that this one cop is not guilty of the murder charge there is little question that the Baltimore Police Department, therefore the City of Baltimore, is at fault for Gray's death.

I haven't been following the details of this case but I understand another cop, the van driver, who is Black, is soon to be tried. If so, public reaction will depend on the verdict in this forthcoming trial.

Based on what I've read and heard Gray's death was the result of his being unsecured and tossed around in the back of the van. A key item of evidence to support a criminal negligence (not murder) charge is a sign affixed to the interior van door which reads, We Hope You Enjoy The Ride -- Because We Will. This cynical element of sarcastic humor points a bony finger at the van driver. So my guess is the City of Baltimore will avoid predictable rioting by tossing the van-driver cop under the bus. My guess is his fate is already sealed.

This would make a very interesting movie -- an updated Mississippi Burning. But this time the villain in the racially charged plot is himself a Black man.

I did think. They sued for civil damages and won, he did not pay a cent. And for the record? It has always been my opinion that the damned jury could have watched him butcher Nicole and Ron and still found him not guilty. It was payback for Rodney King.
It was the most brazenly obvious example of Jury Nullification I can recall.

Forum List

Back