🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Freddie Gray family RETURN the $6.4 million baltimore gave them???

Personally I believe civil cases should be illegal when there are allegations of a crime.

In this particular case, the presiding Judge easily could have dealt out punitive damages to the family he had felt the city was responsible for the death.

Blame greedy lawyers. I bet the family lawyer got at least $2M of that $6M verdict.
More like $3million. Contingency compensation is typically 50%.

That's how much baltimore gave the family last september because of the death of freddie . And now another cop is found not guilty and the city is shown to not have been at fault. Why didn't the city wait until after the trials.?

Here's link to the settlement last year.

Baltimore to pay Freddie Gray's family $6.4 million to settle civil claims

criminal culpability and civil liability have different standards of proof.

so the answer is no.... same as Nicole Brown Simpson's family didn't give back *their* settlement

maybe Zimmerman should give back the money that he got for the gun he murdered travon martin with.
You mean the gun Zimmerman shot a thug that attacked him with?

I did think. They sued for civil damages and won, he did not pay a cent. And for the record? It has always been my opinion that the damned jury could have watched him butcher Nicole and Ron and still found him not guilty. It was payback for Rodney King.

They jury let OJ go because the cops were caught in perjury and in planting evidence,

I did think. They sued for civil damages and won, he did not pay a cent. And for the record? It has always been my opinion that the damned jury could have watched him butcher Nicole and Ron and still found him not guilty. It was payback for Rodney King.
I'm not too sure it was payback for Rodney King. Because after I'd read and heard testimony about what Nicole and her boyfriend did my sympathies turned toward OJ.

It seems OJ had bought Nicole a Mercedes shortly before he had cause to suspect her of infidelity. When the PI he'd hired confirmed she was having an affair he went to the boyfriend's house to confront her. When he arrived there Nicole and the boyfriend were just leaving. The boyfriend was driving Nicole's Mercedes and they laughed at OJ as they drove past him.

I believe the kind of rage OJ must have experienced qualifies as a state of absolute psychosis. And the way he killed them, the near decapitation, tends to confirm it. So I can understand how jurors, especially male jurors, might be inclined to presume a state of temporary insanity -- even if the prosecution wouldn't consider it.

I would have voted to acquit OJ, male chauvinism notwithstanding.

Forum List

Back