🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Government Force Workers Into Unions?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
An interesting piece by George Will at Human Events. One of the statistics that caught me eye was this:

Because organized labor’s presence in the private sector has shriveled from about*35 percent of the workforce in the 1950s*to*6.6 percent today, public-sector employees are labor’s oxygen

Leftists seem to be making a big effort to increase the government workforce and that means a lot more $$$$ into union coffers. But, today SCOTUS will hear arguments on this. We will, of course, have to wait months to get the decision but it still leaves the question open to discussion.

Read more @ Government should not force people into unions

Krauthammer: SCOTUS overturning the Illinois union-dues mandate

would be a “blow to organized labor from which they would not recover”

From Krauthammer: SCOTUS overturning the Illinois union-dues mandate would be a ?blow to organized labor from which they would not recover? « Hot Air

"Unless you force people into these unions, they generally don’t go."

This guy makes my skin crawl watching him talk. He comes off as an egotistical jerk who thinks his every word is a drop of gold. However, he usually gets things right so I truly have a hard time ignoring what he says, This seems to make a lot of sense to me so read it at the above link.

I generally agree with a lot of what Krauthammer has to say, but he's right...it would deal a blow to Unions, as it should. NO ONE should be forced to join a union if they don't want, and Union creeps should NOT get any special favours either. They should not be treated any better or worse than any other worker in the workforce.

Unions are a scam anyway...the money laundering arm of the Democrats.

They're CRIMINALS.

Forum List

Back