Should Hip-Hop culture have been suppressed?

I know you said it in jest. You just look dumb for doing that. Trying to pretend the source is invalid is a fools game. :itsok:

It's just an opinion. Nothing more.

If there was only vulgar rap music out there, you might be more believable. Since there is way more good music by black artists than cRAP, I disagree with your assumption that white producers want the nasty stuff over the better quality music.

Everyone buys music they like. I think the majority of people prefer the music that isn't promoting violence and find it sad that there is even a market for garbage some create. But it is what it is and I repeat that more minorities should be creating companies if they aren't completely happy with the way some are run now. Don't bitch, just get busy.

I didnt say they were forced. I said the white producers are not interested in marketing the good music. Dont get emotional about it and I'm not asking you to buy anything. This is not to convince you. I am informing you. Like I said, dont just take it from me do your research.

Scarface Says Whites Control And Destroy Hip Hop And It ll Be Stolen Like Rock N Roll In 25 Years THE AFRO LOUNGE

No kidding. If it was written in the "Afro Lounge" it must be like gospel! :lol:
Exactly. If it was written in a white environment then it would need to be taken with a grain of salt. The fact that its for Black people to consume lets you know its legit.

I said it in jest. Your source is not really different than the National Enquirer.
giggle.gif
I know you said it in jest. You just look dumb for doing that. Trying to pretend the source is invalid is a fools game. :itsok:

Well, I'm just acknowledging that your source is ridiculous, kind of like you only not quite AS ridiculous.
Claiming the source is ridiculous is silly because he is a rapper. You must be white so I understand its your go to reaction. Its OK.
itsok.gif

If there was only vulgar rap music out there, you might be more believable. Since there is way more good music by black artists than cRAP, I disagree with your assumption that white producers want the nasty stuff over the better quality music.

Everyone buys music they like. I think the majority of people prefer the music that isn't promoting violence and find it sad that there is even a market for garbage some create. But it is what it is and I repeat that more minorities should be creating companies if they aren't completely happy with the way some are run now. Don't bitch, just get busy.
Thats my point exactly. There is plenty of good hip hop out there. Yet instill we have this thread which lets you know that the image is bad. Why is that if the good hip hop is really getting marketed? You say dont bitch just get busy which I agree with. I'm not bitching. I'm correcting your wrong assumption. How does one crack the industry enough to put out the good music and override all the bad music being marketed by whites?

This is an interesting question in my opinion.

I often here, particularly from older generations, that hip-hop culture is "disgusting" or something to that effect.

For those that would say yes; how would you feel if a culture you identified with was suppressed? what about freedom of speech?

For those that would say no; do you think it's worth advocating a culture that some would find dangerous in the name of freedom of speech?
You can't suppress it...so ignore it. I have never looked at it...nor letterman nor Leno, nor Kimmel nor the daily show. I get my laughs from bugs bunny. Jay z my ass.

Claiming the source is ridiculous is silly because he is a rapper. You must be white so I understand its your go to reaction. Its OK.
itsok.gif

There you go again making assumptions. If someone disagrees with an opinion due to evidence to the contrary, you still assume racism. That makes you the real problem here.

You are saying that companies only want black rappers to sing about violence or they won't sign them up, yet you are quoting a guy who sings the crap. Has this guy even tried another style or music or tried to start his own company to change things? Otherwise, he is just pissing in the wind and shouldn't be taken seriously.

itsok.gif

There you go again making assumptions. If someone disagrees with an opinion due to evidence to the contrary, you still assume racism. That makes you the real problem here.

You are saying that companies only want black rappers to sing about violence or they won't sign them up, yet you are quoting a guy who sings the crap. Has this guy even tried another style or music or tried to start his own company to change things? Otherwise, he is just pissing in the wind and shouldn't be taken seriously.
There was no evidence to the contrary. When there is no evidence to the contrary presented I know its just a emotional reaction.

itsok.gif

Why should he have to try another style of music? He is a rapper not a singer.

Thats my point exactly. There is plenty of good hip hop out there. Yet instill we have this thread which lets you know that the image is bad. Why is that if the good hip hop is really getting marketed? You say dont bitch just get busy which I agree with. I'm not bitching. I'm correcting your wrong assumption. How does one crack the industry enough to put out the good music and override all the bad music being marketed by whites?

You change the music you make. Record companies want to make money and they don't hold back trying to make a profit. There is a big market for the good music.

How it is that we have so many successful black artists who don't promote violence? You don't see the late night shows inviting nasty rappers to sing on their shows, do you? At least not to sing the vile crap. I don't see a lot of advertisement for music at all and usually hear new songs on the radio or on television when artists make appearances. And it seems pretty diverse.

itsok.gif

There was no evidence to the contrary. When there is no evidence to the contrary presented I know its just a emotional reaction.

All a person has to do is read it, and then they will all know it's crap. :biggrin:

You change the music you make. Record companies want to make money and they don't hold back trying to make a profit. There is a big market for the good music.

How it is that we have so many successful black artists who don't promote violence? You don't see the late night shows inviting nasty rappers to sing on their shows, do you? At least not to sing the vile crap. I don't see a lot of advertisement for music at all and usually hear new songs on the radio or on television when artists make appearances. And it seems pretty diverse.
The music has already been changed. They have to bypass powerful music execs that have the radio stations in their pocket along with other outlets. Like I said before you need to do some research on how it works. There is some incredible music that never sees the light of day simply because they lack exposure. Ever wonder what happened to Lauryn Hill? She didnt conform to what the music labels wanted.

and we've already went over what thug life meant in reference to the tattoo.
It doesn't matter what he meant by the tattoo. It matters what people assume when they see the tattoo.

If you have a tattoo that portrays pedophilia, but you explain that it's really anti-pedophilia (if you'll only let me explain the whole concept to you), you are still perceived as pro-pedophilia.
it doesnt matter what you're perceived as. who cares what everyone thinks about you? tattoos are for you and yourself only.
I'm just pointing out that advertising works. If you advertise yourself as a thug, people will believe it.

itsok.gif

All a person has to do is read it, and then they will all know it's crap. :biggrin:
I read it and knew it wasnt crap. You had an emotional reaction in response to the lack of contradicting evidence.
itsok.gif

itsok.gif

I read it and knew it wasnt crap. You had an emotional reaction in response to the lack of contradicting evidence.
itsok.gif

Nope, it evoked absolutely no emotion but I did think "wow, what a bunch of crapola!" There are all KINDS of ridiculous stories! It's just like the National Enquirer.

Hip-hop culture is just a reflection, so trying to suppress it is pointless.

"Rappers" who can't sing, "musicians" simulated on a keyboard, and lyrics glorifying crime and misogyny are all just examples of lowered cultural standards.

Rappers arent supposed to be singing. Thats why its called rap dufus. However, one of the greatest female rappers every was also so good of a singer her album will be inducted into the Library of Congress. Meet the beautiful and insanely talented Lauryn Hill.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Will Be Entered Into the Library of Congress - The Root

51621690-singer-lauryn-hill-poses-with-her-five-grammy-awards.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-medium.jpg

Her band the Fugees rented my Fender Rhodes for a concert at the civic center years ago.

The music has already been changed. They have to bypass powerful music execs that have the radio stations in their pocket along with other outlets. Like I said before you need to do some research on how it works. There is some incredible music that never sees the light of day simply because they lack exposure. Ever wonder what happened to Lauryn Hill? She didnt conform to what the music labels wanted.

I don't really believe any of your strange stories, however I do like Lauryn Hill.

Hip-hop culture is just a reflection, so trying to suppress it is pointless.

"Rappers" who can't sing, "musicians" simulated on a keyboard, and lyrics glorifying crime and misogyny are all just examples of lowered cultural standards.

Rappers arent supposed to be singing. Thats why its called rap dufus. However, one of the greatest female rappers every was also so good of a singer her album will be inducted into the Library of Congress. Meet the beautiful and insanely talented Lauryn Hill.

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill Will Be Entered Into the Library of Congress - The Root

51621690-singer-lauryn-hill-poses-with-her-five-grammy-awards.jpg.CROP.rtstoryvar-medium.jpg

Her band the Fugees rented my Fender Rhodes for a concert at the civic center years ago.

I love their cover of Killing Me Softly. I like it more than the original, I think.

itsok.gif

itsok.gif

Nope, it evoked absolutely no emotion but I did think "wow, what a bunch of crapola!" There are all KINDS of ridiculous stories! It's just like the National Enquirer.
See you cant even lie good. First you say it evoked no emotion then you use the interjection "wow" and ended your thought with an exclamation point. You do realize that means emotion was evoked in you right?
itsok.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back