Should I use a cell phone tracking device?

When it comes to their kids, parents need to do some snooping. It's part of the job description.

It's no worse than taking a look in their sock drawer. As long as they live under your roof they abide by your rules and are subject to having tabs kept on them.

i didn't use a gps tracker , but my kids did and do know the rule. If I text and you don't answer within a reasonable amount of time, you're grounded.

Barring unforseen circumstances of course.

Not that I text the that often, but a reminder 30 minutes before curfew or such isn't unreasonable.

I've heard of devices on cell phones that can track the user's whereabouts. Should I get one for my teenager?

Should I use a cell phone tracking device - Parents.com

A bird needs to fly free, unless there is a better way.

If they live under your roof, you should be watching them. You are responsible for them & their actions. If they get intoxicated, run over & injure or kill someone, you will be liable for all damages. You can lose everything you own. You should cover your ass until they are of age & leave home.

I am not a parent, but I have a learned a lot from the many stories my wife, Patricia, who has been a full-time nanny since we married in 1991, has told me.

Patricia has been with her current family 13 years, and one of her two children is 13 and was adopted from China. Amelia, her father says, covers her tracks well.

Amelia started getting in trouble a year ago when two men from Sri Lanka were trying to contact her. Now, she is under restriction because her father found she had been on two sex websites, and they were asking for her picture.

I am starting to look at this differently.

I've heard of devices on cell phones that can track the user's whereabouts. Should I get one for my teenager?

If they live under your roof, you should be watching them. You are responsible for them & their actions. If they get intoxicated, run over & injure or kill someone, you will be liable for all damages. You can lose everything you own. You should cover your ass until they are of age & leave home.

Will your kids ever forgive you though when they find out you have been spying on them?

Will your kids ever forgive you though when they find out you have been spying on them?
They usually do once they have kids of their own.

Probably not. I know people whose reactions would run the gamut from a screaming match to homicide.

Forum List

Back