🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should Jeff Sessions Have Recused Himself?

What say ye?

• Total voters

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?

What do you think? Should he have recused himself at the request of the Democrats, from the "muh Russian" witch hunt, or should he have remained loyal to Trump?

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

Once he agreed to work with Trump he should have stayed loyal to him and should have been with him for better and for worse. All Trump Administration has to be one for all and all for one otherwise they will be eaten a piece at a time by Soros&Co. Flynn was their first success but there may be more, we don't want it.

Last edited:

He said in his confirmation hearings he would recuse himself from investigations into either campaign. It shouldn't have been any surprise to Trump.

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

He shouldn't have said that. Why shouldn't it have been a surprise when he said it?

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

The AG is a unique position that is supposed to be above politics, it rarely has been but still, Sessions is not an idiot. He took an oath to protect the constitution, not the president, and as such must conform to the rule of law. The law says that he being directly involved with the campaign must recuse himself from the investigation. To do otherwise would be to taint his own career and risk censure.

If Trump had a problem with what he said in the confirmation hearing he should have withdrawn the nomination then, not start backstabbing after 5 months. Hey I voted for the guy, but when he fucks up, I have no problem saying it. Sessions is doing a good job, Trump had no reason to go there.

I look at it this way: Trump didn't fire him. And if Sessions doesn't get an attitude over the whole thing, he'll probably just try harder to gain Trump's approval.

The Justice Department could use a good house-cleaning. Sessions needs to get on the stick and start rooting out the Obama-sympathizers and leakers.

Jeff Sessions said his ethics advisors and he, had already decided that he would have to recuse himself because of his closeness to the campaign which was being investigated in the Russian Connection case and that this was before the enlightenment that we all got when it was found out that he had lied about his Russian meetings.... in other words he did not make his decision to recuse himself due to Democrats as you stated.

I look at it this way: Trump didn't fire him. And if Sessions doesn't get an attitude over the whole thing, he'll probably just try harder to gain Trump's approval.

The Justice Department could use a good house-cleaning. Sessions needs to get on the stick and start rooting out the Obama-sympathizers and leakers.

Amazed at how many of you want Trump to repeat all of Nixon's mistakes.

he already fired all the State attrny generals...

Amazed at how many of you want Trump to repeat all of Nixon's mistakes.
willful amnesia

or some kind of black magic spell Trump has put over them?

of course he had to recuse. he's a potential target of the investigation.

it isn't a "witch Hunt" you insane twit or the wouldn't be surrounded by Russians and lying about it.

wacko

Jeff Sessions said his ethics advisors and he, had already decided that he would have to recuse himself because of his closeness to the campaign which was being investigated in the Russian Connection case and that this was before the enlightenment that we all got when it was found out that he had lied about his Russian meetings.... in other words he did not make his decision to recuse himself due to Democrats as you stated.

Rather he recused himself in an effort to appease the Democrats. That wasn't good enough for them, and many of them including Pelosi, suggested that he resign.

he already fired all the State attrny generals...

What, State Attorneys General are elected by the States, he has no authority to fire any of them.

of course he had to recuse. he's a potential target of the investigation.

it isn't a "witch Hunt" you insane twit or the wouldn't be surrounded by Russians and lying about it.

wacko

"Investigated" for having a meeting with the Russian Ambassador during the campaign?

The same Russian Ambassador who would sit with the Democrats in Congress?

Here's a quiz for you, sweetmeat: How many Democrats can you identify by name in this picture? That's the Russian Ambassador standing in the middle:

170303-sergey-kislyak-russia-ambassador-834a_c19e85370a847fa66c13c2776e1e4275.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Maybe we should have an investigation into them as well.

Rather he recused himself in an effort to appease the Democrats. That wasn't good enough for them, and many of them including Pelosi, suggested that he resign.
as I said to your deaf ears, Sessions said the Democrats DID NOT influence his decision to recuse himself...

AND imo, he should have resigned once he lied under oath twice...recusing himself was not enough, and even as Trump is claiming, probably did a disservice to president Trump....

But if the president thinks his next pick will be easy peasy to get consent of the Senate and life will be easier for him in this Russian investigation, he is fooling himself!

Forum List

Back