Should Josh Duggar Have Undergone or Undergo Reparative Therapy?

Should Josh Duggar have undergone/undergo reparative therapy for an unwanted sexual orientation?

• Yes, even though they went to police, reparative therapy would have been best.

• No, he should've been just publicly exposed and ridiculed into a healthier orientation.

• No, reparative therapy never works and only leads to harm to participants, even if voluntary.

• No, they just should put him in prison or sex offenders list for life, no matter how old he was.

• If he was gay, this never would've happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This to me is a family issue and is best left resolved to the family. He has to live with the fact he has done lifelong damage to those girls and perhaps that is a bigger punishment than anything. That being said, I refused to watch a show about a family that has 19 kids. Why would anyone want to have 19 children? Most people can't afford the 1 or 2 they have. The show should have never been allowe3d to happen and those that think the Duggar are to be looked up to for that reason are wackos.

This to me is a family issue and is best left resolved to the family. He has to live with the fact he has done lifelong damage to those girls and perhaps that is a bigger punishment than anything. That being said, I refused to watch a show about a family that has 19 kids. Why would anyone want to have 19 children? Most people can't afford the 1 or 2 they have. The show should have never been allowe3d to happen and those that think the Duggar are to be looked up to for that reason are wackos.
My grandmother's family had 13 children. And they all loved the hell out of each other, kept in touch and supported each other dearly over their very very long lives. (most of the men lived well into their 80s, most of the women lived well into their 90s, sharp until the end) All 53 first cousins used to see each other regularly at family gatherings. My grandmother used to love trying to teach us all the names of her numerous siblings and would quiz us regularly to see if we could name them all and in the right order of birth. They all helped work on the old farm and lived vigorous and healthy lives.

The one thing I kept thinking about the Duggars is that they should be heavily invested in gardening and raising some livestock to keep everybody fed with the freshest food around. I'd think if they reorganized, sued the people slandering their family and went to work raising food for themselves, it could be a new spin on their old show. And, the world should keep a very sharp eye on Josh Duggar. No doubt they will.

You're questions have been answered...

No they haven't been. Do you or do you not believe that it's appropriate to have submitted Josh Duggar at 14 to reparative therapy for his budding sexual behaviors at that age? You said he needed "mandatory therapy". Not just legal mandates to not be around children. What type of therapy, specifically, would you have him undergo?
Your questions have been answered and your insanity will not be reinforced by me. Neither reality nor I support your homophobia.
So on the one hand you reserve the right to beat up the Duggars by saying they didn't go far enough with corrective therapy (all therapy is corrective) for his sexual orientation issues. On the other hand you reserve the right to pass laws forbidding minors from undergoing corrective therapy for their unwanted sexual orientation issues, even when they are elected by the minor alone.

So you are expressing faux-outrage. ie: you're a hypocrite. Nobody on this board is going to faint from that revelation for sure.
Valid therapy is not an issue, religious bullshit is.

Not that it wasn't already apparent from your previous posts, but your opinions on the Duggars are typical of many other Christian hating fuckheads posting on USMB.

Do you or do you not believe that it's appropriate to have submitted Josh Duggar at 14 to reparative therapy for his budding sexual behaviors at that age? You said he needed "mandatory therapy". Not just legal mandates to not be around children. What type of therapy, specifically, would you have him undergo?
Your questions have been answered and your insanity will not be reinforced by me. Neither reality nor I support your homophobia.
So on the one hand you reserve the right to beat up the Duggars by saying they didn't go far enough with corrective therapy (all therapy is corrective) for his sexual orientation issues. On the other hand you reserve the right to pass laws forbidding minors from undergoing corrective therapy for their unwanted sexual orientation issues, even when they are elected by the minor alone.
So you are expressing faux-outrage. ie: you're a hypocrite. Nobody on this board is going to faint from that revelation for sure.

Not that it wasn't already apparent from your previous posts, but your opinions on the Duggars are typical of many other Christian hating fuckheads posting on USMB.

This LGBT group is all over the place. They express outrage that Duggar touched his sisters at 14. Yet they have postage stamps in their wallet of their hero whose biography and sexuality they celebrate as iconic. That sexuality was buggering runaway teen boys on drugs, one after the other in an open and unapologetic stance. So perhaps they'd go easier on Josh if it was little boys he was touching and didn't apologize? That is, after all, their current stance of hero status.

And also then they demand "The Duggar parents didn't do enough!" "That boy should have been put in aggressive therapy immediately!"...while they pass laws in California, Mass. and N. Jersey forbidding any therapist from suggesting a change from a current unwanted sexual orientation in a minor; even when the minor alone, without coercion from anyone, is the one requesting that therapy.

Kinda makes you wonder about the authenticty of their "outrage". Not really though. The entire world knows its fake. And the entire world knows that the LGBT cult orchestrated and calculated this political hit on the leader of one of the main groups opposing gay marriage, right as the US Supreme Court sits deliberating the question of closing down the topic of gay marriage forever and autocratically-forcing in upon the 50 states without their consent.

I hope the Court first sits down and thinks about what exactly "gay" is and why behaviors are suddenly qualifying to dictate to the majority when always before in the US, behaviors were regulated by the majority.

Just because sodomy was decriminalized in the privacy of someone's home, doesn't mean suddenly the entire US population has to give its ultimate stamp of legitimacy to it in the public venue (marriage) and so doing, institutionalize fatherless or motherless homes for children, complete with tax breaks etc.

This to me is a family issue and is best left resolved to the family. He has to live with the fact he has done lifelong damage to those girls and perhaps that is a bigger punishment than anything. .
But how would the family have "fixed" the Duggar boy?

Paint is of the opinion he needed "legitimate therapy"; not some home remedy.

Well, legally he couldn't do that in the states of California, Mass. or N. Jersey...but the other 47? It's legal where he lives, for example..

From a conversation from this thread that was getting off topic: Just Call Him Bruce. Caitlyn Doesn t Exist.. American Society is to Blame. Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Their shame is why they engaged in a coverup. Now it's out and they are embarrassed and fucked because they have completely undermined their Holier Than Thou way of life. Now they are the people who hid the child molester who molested their own daughters.
And Milk should have kept his pants on. I'll not say it again.
I've got a question I've been meaning to ask you, oh (generic) Harvey Milk apologist...(since I haven't seen any threads from you demanding to remove Milk from the LGBT throne or to recall those postage stamps with the rainbow logo on them still being issued with his image on them)

What would you have proposed they did with the 14 year old boy apart from what they already did? Would you demand he have been forcibly placed in reparative therapy for what was shaping up to be a terrible sexual orientation? Because as you know, early intervention in reparative therapy is best for those dabbling in an unacceptably-deviant type of sexuality.
Your' thoughts? :popcorn:
He should have been castrated, and we would have heard no more about him or his family.

Forum List

Back