Should McConnell invoke the "nuke option" on behalf of Gorsuch?

What do the eight members of the SC have to say about Gorsuch? I think it says something that a unanimous decision overturning Gorsuch's ruling was reached during his confirmation hearings.

The Supreme Court Struck Down One of Neil Gorsuch's Decisions During His Hearing

"One of Neil Gorsuch’s decisions about an autistic child’s education was struck down unanimously by the Supreme Court Wednesday morning during his confirmation hearing.
The 8-0 ruling, which Gorsuch said he learned about on a brief five-minute bathroom break, overturned his 2008 decision in Thompson R2-J School District v. Luke P., which found that a school district legally abides with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act as long as it provides an education that “must merely be ‘more than de minimis.’”

The Supreme Court disagreed in their decision handed down Wednesday."

one?

out of how many?

how many do you need to see he's a republican far right AH?? Didn't take me long to see what you are either

^ California doesn't count. Just discard the states you don't agree with. :laugh2:

Indeed, moronic right wingers would actually want to discard California.....the most industrious state in the union, and has recently surpassed France to become the SIXTH largest economic (GDP) in the entire planet.

.......AND, another stupid assertion by right wingers when they "flaunt" that Trump won more counties, they should be reminded that California has HALF the number of counties than Kentucky....Go figure.

What do the eight members of the SC have to say about Gorsuch? I think it says something that a unanimous decision overturning Gorsuch's ruling was reached during his confirmation hearings.

The Supreme Court Struck Down One of Neil Gorsuch's Decisions During His Hearing

"One of Neil Gorsuch’s decisions about an autistic child’s education was struck down unanimously by the Supreme Court Wednesday morning during his confirmation hearing.
The 8-0 ruling, which Gorsuch said he learned about on a brief five-minute bathroom break, overturned his 2008 decision in Thompson R2-J School District v. Luke P., which found that a school district legally abides with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act as long as it provides an education that “must merely be ‘more than de minimis.’”

one?

out of how many?

Unanimously, during his hearing.
A unanimous decision is rare enough and should pique your interest.

one?

out of how many?

I saw that in the earlier post.

Now...

How many past and sitting justices have had a decision turned over.

and I REPEAT...

How many of his decisions have been overturned?

one?

out of how many?

Now...

and I REPEAT...

You figure that out and see if any were both unanimous and during that judges confirmation hearing.

I simply pointed out an event that's interesting with interesting timing.

one?

out of how many?

Now...

and I REPEAT...

You figure that out and see if any were both unanimous and during that judges confirmation hearing.

200.gif

partisan political bullshit, but it appeases the pathetic

one?

out of how many?

The question isn't how many but how wrong was Gorsuch? He was 8-0 wrong. That's not a good fit for the USSC. That's saying Gorsuch is so out of touch with the views of the USSC, both liberal and conservative, so as to be abhorrent to it's views.

one?

out of how many?

Now...

and I REPEAT...

200.gif

partisan political bullshit, but it appeases the pathetic

Weak, dude.

Unanamous decisions are becoming more and more common under Chief Justice Roberts. And they serve an important function. To send a clear and unambiguous message that the court is united in bitch slapping the a-hole, who wrote the decision they're overturning.

That's one Gorsuch decision out of over 2500. Try again.

That's one Gorsuch decision out of over 2500. Try again.
Seems Gorsuch based his decision on an 1996 precedent.

"When asked about the 2008 case, he told the Senate that he had been bound to another precedent: His ruling pointed to a 1996 case that said special education programs must be “more than de minimis” (although that case did not use the term “merely” like Gorsuch did in his 2008 decision)."

Supreme Court Overturns Gorsuch Ruling Against Student with Disabilities

Democrats are seriously considering a filibuster on the vote for Gorsuch to the SCOTUS....The memory of how judge Garland was treated by McConnell, coupled with the very real fact that the Trump administration is currently under FBI (and other intelligence agencies') investigation...possibly even subsequent criminal investigations.

So, should McConnell invoke the nuclear option to seat Gorsuch and risk a precedent that could backfire for the GOP.......or allow the Gorsuch confirmation to wither away?

Where is it written that Supreme Court nominees have to have 60 votes? Nowhere that I can see. If the Democrats attempt to filibuster, then yes, they should use the nuke option. Gorsuch is a more than qualified jurist and I have seen no reason to justify a filibuster against him. Schumer even voted to confirm him to the circuit court. If they want to filibuster then force them to actually filibuster. Make them stand up there for 12 hours reading out of the dictionary.

51 is a majority, plain and simple.

Since you like "majority" so much, would then THREE million more AGAINST Trump give you some pause???
No. Three million came from California. No one wants California controlling the nation
^ California doesn't count. Just discard the states you don't agree with. :laugh2:

It counts. As one state only.

It's good to see you got my point.

51 is a majority, plain and simple.

Since you like "majority" so much, would then THREE million more AGAINST Trump give you some pause???
No. Three million came from California. No one wants California controlling the nation

Your point appeared to be that 3 million extra votes should make a difference.

Where did I say that? I was merely mocking the idea that a state can be removed from the process. No wonder you people hear Trump say things he never said. You read too much into what's said.

Where did I say that? I was merely mocking the idea that a state can be removed from the process. No wonder you people hear Trump say things he never said. You read too much into what's said.
That's always been one of billy's problems lol

Forum List

Back