🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Should McConnell invoke the "nuke option" on behalf of Gorsuch?

because they are scared shitless of what the media would have said about them. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

The GOP had the numbers to stop Obama's nominee, just as the dems had the numbers to ram obamacare up our collective asses. That's the way it works.
And you had the numbers to cause obamacare to disappear

I had numbers? You give me too much credit. Obamacare will disappear, now as a result of self destruction rather than repeal. A political win for the GOP. A disaster for the American people as the worst legislation in history self destructs.

Ryan and the pubs could have replaced it with something that would actually work and reduce costs, they blew it. It will cost some of them their jobs in the next election.
Do you some concrete proof or evidence that the ACA is going to disappear, other than right wing lies?

"Do you some concrete", how can anyone argue with the high intellect that could utter a phrase like that? LMAO

BrumbleBee provides a lot of entertainment here, a typo should be overlooked.

Typo? He didn't misspell a word, hell, he left it out completely. Must be the product of a big city public school ed.

I had numbers? You give me too much credit. Obamacare will disappear, now as a result of self destruction rather than repeal. A political win for the GOP. A disaster for the American people as the worst legislation in history self destructs.

Ryan and the pubs could have replaced it with something that would actually work and reduce costs, they blew it. It will cost some of them their jobs in the next election.
Do you some concrete proof or evidence that the ACA is going to disappear, other than right wing lies?

"Do you some concrete", how can anyone argue with the high intellect that could utter a phrase like that? LMAO

Typo? He didn't misspell a word, hell, he left it out completely. Must be the product of a big city public school ed.

Yup typo, I leave words out all the time. A) I suck at typing and B) My mind is faster than my fingers.

Wonder if you English majors jump on trump with the same zeal His tweets could be written by a 6th grader

Yup typo, I leave words out all the time. A) I suck at typing and B) My mind is faster than my fingers.
Your mind faster than your fingers ?? You must be a Democrat

Bullshyte, a non issue. Never before had a SC judge not been voted on in a presidents last year. If you are so sure that he wouldn't have been confirmed, why didn't the senate have the balls to vote? You wonder why our politics are so convoluted? I GUARANTEE if the roles had been reversed and it was a Bush appointee you would not stop screaming if he wasn't voted on, so spare me the BS

because they are scared shitless of what the media would have said about them. Shouldn't be that way, but it is.

The GOP had the numbers to stop Obama's nominee, just as the dems had the numbers to ram obamacare up our collective asses. That's the way it works.

I've never done concrete, but I hear it's pretty heavy, man.

Wonder if you English majors jump on trump with the same zeal His tweets could be written by a 6th grader

Nearly all tweets could be written by a 6th grader.

Your mind faster than your fingers ?? You must be a Democrat

Yeah and ur momma wears combat boots kid.

Child, it only takes a couple of seconds to proof read what you wrote. It's pretty easy to pick up mistakes, like not punctuating your sentences. Also I don't do twitter so I have no idea what anyone tweets unless it's posted here.

I've never done concrete, but I hear it's pretty heavy, man.

Yep, about 145 pounds per cubic foot.

Democrats are seriously considering a filibuster on the vote for Gorsuch to the SCOTUS....The memory of how judge Garland was treated by McConnell, coupled with the very real fact that the Trump administration is currently under FBI (and other intelligence agencies') investigation...possibly even subsequent criminal investigations.

So, should McConnell invoke the nuclear option to seat Gorsuch and risk a precedent that could backfire for the GOP.......or allow the Gorsuch confirmation to wither away?
It won't backfire because Republicans never filibuster court nominees.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Democrats are seriously considering a filibuster on the vote for Gorsuch to the SCOTUS....The memory of how judge Garland was treated by McConnell, coupled with the very real fact that the Trump administration is currently under FBI (and other intelligence agencies') investigation...possibly even subsequent criminal investigations.

So, should McConnell invoke the nuclear option to seat Gorsuch and risk a precedent that could backfire for the GOP.......or allow the Gorsuch confirmation to wither away?
It won't backfire because Republicans never filibuster court nominees.

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
"They that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind",

What do the eight members of the SC have to say about Gorsuch? I think it says something that a unanimous decision overturning Gorsuch's ruling was reached during his confirmation hearings.

The Supreme Court Struck Down One of Neil Gorsuch's Decisions During His Hearing

"One of Neil Gorsuch’s decisions about an autistic child’s education was struck down unanimously by the Supreme Court Wednesday morning during his confirmation hearing.
The 8-0 ruling, which Gorsuch said he learned about on a brief five-minute bathroom break, overturned his 2008 decision in Thompson R2-J School District v. Luke P., which found that a school district legally abides with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act as long as it provides an education that “must merely be ‘more than de minimis.’”

The Supreme Court disagreed in their decision handed down Wednesday."

They should get rid of the filibuster...it only helps the democrats...the Rinos in the senate will always vote to allow the Sotomayor, Breyers, Ginsburg and kegans on the court...the democrats will filibuster any justice they want. Then, if the republicans ever do try to filibuster a democrat Supreme Court nominee, the democrats will then vote to end the filibuster.....

The only one the filibuster helps is the democrats.....get rid of it...

They should get rid of the filibuster...it only helps the democrats...

^That's the problem. That thinking is why we are where we are. Taking action only for political gain. The filibuster is used by both parties when in the minority.

Reid and the dems started this shit with the obamacare vote. What goes around comes around.

We are a divided nation, and that is destroying us. Partisan politics must end if our nation is to survive.

When did this shit start? Nixon?

Before that. LBJ for pulling the trigger on the Vietnam war.

Repub behavior at present is unacceptable. They should mend their ways sooner rather than later.

and dem behavior is acceptable? Are you crazy? Its party before country. The dems are a disgrace
We are a disgrace? Have you forgotten Obamas nominee who you refused to vote on? Or how about trying so hard to disruptpt the Obama agenda to make him a 1 term president

allowing the next president to pick the SC nominee was the right thing to do. Would you be complaining if Clinton had won and nominated Gorsuch?

Is there a dem/lib movement to make Trump a one term president? to impeach him? Wake the fuck up and look in the mirror.

Then waiting to see if this president is going to prison or not before confirming his nominee should at least be as equally prudent, no?

/---- Not only should he invoke it, Sen McConnell needs to name it "Operation Dingy Harry" just to rub it in your face.

Before that. LBJ for pulling the trigger on the Vietnam war.

Repub behavior at present is unacceptable. They should mend their ways sooner rather than later.

and dem behavior is acceptable? Are you crazy? Its party before country. The dems are a disgrace
We are a disgrace? Have you forgotten Obamas nominee who you refused to vote on? Or how about trying so hard to disruptpt the Obama agenda to make him a 1 term president

allowing the next president to pick the SC nominee was the right thing to do. Would you be complaining if Clinton had won and nominated Gorsuch?

Is there a dem/lib movement to make Trump a one term president? to impeach him? Wake the fuck up and look in the mirror.
Why was allowing the next president the right thing to do?
Trump is making himself a one term president, if he lasts that long, all by himself

because SC justices serve for life. appointing one in the last year of a presidential term is the wrong thing to do. And if Obama's guy had come to a vote, he would have not been confirmed. This is a non issue.
because SC justices serve for life. appointing one in the last year of a presidential term is the wrong thing to do.

Why?
Who says?

I think there are more reasons not to use it.

1. Let the Democrats be shown as the obstructionists they have become.
2. At some point it gets used against you.
3. It currently is not a precedent for such appointments.

A better route is "leaking" a more conservative replacement with threat of a nuclear option on that one.

I totally agree. That's how it was understood and worked for years. These lazy, rule change shortcuts only undermine the process and make it nearly impossible to get things done going forward. We need to get back to regular order.

What do the eight members of the SC have to say about Gorsuch? I think it says something that a unanimous decision overturning Gorsuch's ruling was reached during his confirmation hearings.

The Supreme Court Struck Down One of Neil Gorsuch's Decisions During His Hearing

"One of Neil Gorsuch’s decisions about an autistic child’s education was struck down unanimously by the Supreme Court Wednesday morning during his confirmation hearing.
The 8-0 ruling, which Gorsuch said he learned about on a brief five-minute bathroom break, overturned his 2008 decision in Thompson R2-J School District v. Luke P., which found that a school district legally abides with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act as long as it provides an education that “must merely be ‘more than de minimis.’”

The Supreme Court disagreed in their decision handed down Wednesday."

No he should NOT....

He will, and the Senate will, regret it forever, if he does!

Supreme Court Justices are LIFETIME appointments and so critical to our democratic System of checks and balances... and should NOT be partisan Justices, but the best of the best....of the right leaning choices and the best of the best of the left leaning choices, but not dead set in their partisanship....fair and just.

I think it takes 60 votes, the filibuster to accomplish that, so that there is a super majority that crosses both aisle sides to get them appointed....

Otherwise every single decision for the rest of our and their lives, they will be accused of making their Supreme court decision, in a partisan manner and not fair and justly.
Couldn't Obama have used it??

Obama have used what, the filibuster?

the filibuster is only in the Senate rules...a president can not invoke it, if that is what you are asking....

What the nuclear option is, the party in majority, could change the long standing rules of the Senate for 60 votes for a Supreme court Justice by using the filibuster to extend debate, and with just 50 votes, or simple majority vote, the nuke option....would change the Rules of the Senate, to eliminate the filibuster, the need for 60 votes to extend debate....

even with the filibuster, the 60 votes to extend debate, once cloture happens and they have 60 votes to end the debate, and actually vote.....the Justice up for vote would only need a simple majority to win the nomination appointment.

All the 60 vote filibuster does, is EXTEND DEBATE until they can get 60 Senators to agree to go forward to a VOTE.

Great explanation. TY.
:clap2:

Forum List

Back