Should our Constitution's 2nd Amendment be amended ... ?

Indeed..........in 2015, gun grabbers have never been as unpopular in America!!!:bye1:

Wonder why?
GunControlComparisonSwissHonduras_zpsfr6wmkmv.jpg

Your comparison is funny and just plain egregious. The only reason Honduras is such a crime country is because of high poverty compared to Switzerland. Honduras is flooded with guns. Law abiding Honduran and criminals have the same resources in acquiring unlawful firearms. I witness a tourist bus with 2 heavily armed guards are getting robbed because they fear of other people getting killed during fire fight. So it's easier to give up your wallet than to give up several lives.

So your answer is that of course the crime rate is lower in Switzerland because Switzerland is white and European and Honduras is not?

You ignore the simple fact that Switzerlands gun ownership is way beyond anything gun grabbing fascists like yourself would ever agree to and yet they have annually lower crime rates than the US.

In Honduras you do not have guns legally and so the use of said weapons to defend yourself invites investigation, charges and conviction with a trip to Honduras thug run prisons.

And any group of guard willing to let everyone on a bus get robbed instead of defending the passengers are guards that are a waste of money. Kill the god damned robbers and you don't have a problem, everyone knows that.

I never mentioned about whites or any color but I mentioned poverty which you failed to recognize. Guards defending such duties has been killed and thugs took their guns. Actually they took care of the guards before the robbery. Last week several tourist was kidnapped in the southern part of the Philippines (Google) which are heavily guarded but did not have chances of protecting their guests.
Yes Honduran cannot obtain arms legally but it's flooded with guns. When I traveled to Tecugicalpa I do not have problem buying 2 or 3 hand guns in the streets in less than 30 minutes. It's worst in El Salvador.
In Switzerland most of the people have jobs or rich. Unemployment is around 3 percent. So robbing, holdup, carjacking, home invasions, gangs, drug cartels is low not because of guns. In Honduras or South American countries which mostly are poor and crimes are high because of poverty not because of guns. Have you traveled to South American countries to witness these kind of travesty?

Last edited:
Should our Constitution's 2nd Amendment be amended to promote gun control?

Yes, indeed it should be.

The following language should be adopted :

The purpose of the second Amendment is to EMPHASIZE the right of Americans to defend their lives and to secure their property. The Right is protected by the US Constitution and the Ninth Amendment.

In order to effectuate proper gun control Americans are encourage to practice, practice, practice.

Moderation Note:
Quote Removed because it's from another Message Board. Check the rules.

Automobiles may kill more humans than guns kill in the U.S.
But we already regulate them. To operate them on public roadways:
- the driver must be licensed
- the vehicle must meet legal standards
- obeying motor-vehicle & traffic laws is required
- cars are being built safer and "better" all the time. Most of a century ago, there were cars on the road with 2 wheel brakes. Today there are cars on our public roadways with:
4 wheel power disc brakes
anti-lock brakes
air bags (front & side)
crumple-zone crash-energy absorption design
collapsible steering column
and much, much more.

So since their proliferation, cars have gotten safer, and better.
In vivid contrast, since the U.S. Founding, guns have gotten vastly more lethal.

Should the United States Constitution's Second Amendment which acknowledges the People's "right to keep and bear arms" be amended to compensate for this divergent technological trend? Safer cars, and ever more deadly guns?
No...GUNS have not gotten more lethal. The irresponsible criminal element has gotten more lethal.

Also in the Philippines which you can legally purchase guns. Did the criminal disappear? Crimes such as robbery, theft, rapes, kidnapping is worse than ever in last 8 years and is almost the same as El Salvador. I don't have explanation where people can buy legally but crimes are still high but maybe you can.

Most progressives are clueless to difference of a so called "military grade rifle" and a "hunt'n rifle" guess what... There is no difference.

All are just firearms... No such thing as the black gun boogieman.

Like I said common sense is rare.

Last edited:

Moderation Note:

- cars are being built safer and "better" all the time. Most of a century ago, there were cars on the road with 2 wheel brakes. Today there are cars on our public roadways with:
anti-lock brakes
air bags (front & side)
and much, much more.

In vivid contrast, since the U.S. Founding, guns have gotten vastly more lethal.

Should the United States Constitution's Second Amendment which acknowledges the People's "right to keep and bear arms" be amended to compensate for this divergent technological trend? Safer cars, and ever more deadly guns?
It would not stop the crimes. The mass shootings are mostly done by people with mental illness. They would not be able to buy a gun, but all their relatives, neighbors, friends, or rednecks at the gas station have one. Criminals do not usually buy legal guns--my guess, makes sense.
Reading all the arguments... with all the unwanted pregnancies and children in the world, we should ban sex or have stiffer (hush) sex laws as well. That would solve that issue, correct?

Are you calling for a Constitutional Convention?

Cuz I'm willing to risk the 2nd to constitutionally outlaw abortion and make marriage between a man and a woman.

The question is, are YOU willing to take that risk?

Personally, I don't want any of our current crop of politicians from either side of the cornfield to get their excrement-encrusted fingers anywhere near the Constitution.

"Not nobody not no how!"

We have a lot of Disney bubble dwelling progressive dreamers in this thread...........lmao..........these meatheads think if a gun ban was passed it would change anything??

Fucking naïve dummies...............

In 2013, in Ct. and New York, they passed an "Assault Weapons Ban".........essentially, if any long gun had any scary modifications ( like a pistol grip :banana:) you needed to register the weapon with the state!!

How many did?

3% and 4% respectively!!!:rofl::rofl::rock:

As an American, you can count on 3 things in life that will always be: taxes, death and guns!!

Anyway..........the Harvard University study completed in 2013 sealed the deal as far as gun control goes.

Their conclusion published in the Journal of Law and Public Policy in April of 2013?

MORE GUNS = LESS CRIMES

Harvard study concludes that gun control does not prevent murders, other violent crime

CLICK ON BLUE LINK FOR FULL STUDY

Not even close..........countries with gun bans have far higher murder rates!!!:2up:

duh

Once again for the gun grabbers its another round of the knobby..................

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/cucumber.jpg.html][/URL]

Indeed..........in 2015, gun grabbers have never been as unpopular in America!!!:bye1:

Wonder why?

Your comparison is funny and just plain egregious. The only reason Honduras is such a crime country is because of high poverty compared to Switzerland. Honduras is flooded with guns. Law abiding Honduran and criminals have the same resources in acquiring unlawful firearms. I witness a tourist bus with 2 heavily armed guards are getting robbed because they fear of other people getting killed during fire fight. So it's easier to give up your wallet than to give up several lives.

So your answer is that of course the crime rate is lower in Switzerland because Switzerland is white and European and Honduras is not?

You ignore the simple fact that Switzerlands gun ownership is way beyond anything gun grabbing fascists like yourself would ever agree to and yet they have annually lower crime rates than the US.

In Honduras you do not have guns legally and so the use of said weapons to defend yourself invites investigation, charges and conviction with a trip to Honduras thug run prisons.

And any group of guard willing to let everyone on a bus get robbed instead of defending the passengers are guards that are a waste of money. Kill the god damned robbers and you don't have a problem, everyone knows that.

I never mentioned about whites or any color but I mentioned poverty which you failed to recognize. Guards defending such duties has been killed and thugs took their guns. Actually they took care of the guards before the robbery. Last week several tourist was kidnapped in the southern part of the Philippines (Google) which are heavily guarded but did not have chances of protecting their guests.
Yes Honduran cannot obtain arms legally but it's flooded with guns. When I traveled to Tecugicalpa I do not have problem buying 2 or 3 hand guns in the streets in less than 30 minutes. It's worst in El Salvador.
In Switzerland most of the people have jobs or rich. Unemployment is around 3 percent. So robbing, holdup, carjacking, home invasions, gangs, drug cartels is low not because of guns. In Honduras or South American countries which mostly are poor and crimes are high because of poverty not because of guns. Have you traveled to South American countries to witness these kind of travesty?
Which is why no one should try to ban guns. The only result is that criminals and the government have all the guns and the innocent have to dodge the bullets.

No.
Why?
Because part of the reason we have the 2nd amendment is so that the militia ill always have access to the weapons necessary to assist/resist the tading army.
Put simply: In the modern context the AR-15 style rifle is EXACTLY the sort of weapon the 2nd was intended to protect.

Should be completely repealed. Pleanty of countries get on just fine and a lot better than us without 2nd amendments.

Except when they march their citizens into death camps.....Europe murdered 12 million people that way.

And of course everyday crime increases...women are raped and people are robbed and stabbed...but that's okay...they have national healthcare..right?

Pleanty of countries allow private ownership of firearms without a 2nd amendment. It's redundant.
Horsepucky.
If not for the 2nd amendment, there would be little, if any, barrier to the implementation of virtually every scheme the anti-gun loons could think of to make it harder for the law-abiding to exercise their right to arms.
The 2nd Amendment is why the law-abiding citizens of Washington DC may exercise their right to own and use a handgun for their own protection.
The 2nd Amendment is why the law-abiding citizens of Illinois are able to exercise their right to carry a concealed handgun.

Moderation Note:

anti-lock brakes
air bags (front & side)
and much, much more.

guns-like-cars-copy.jpg

Instead of firearms ownership being a constitutional right, it should be a granted priviledge. Just as a concealed-carry permit is required to do that, should need one to buy the weapon in the first place.
There is no sound argument to support this point.

And what are we going to do when, in about 60 years, people can carry portable nuclear devices on their arms like a watch? Are we will gonna say that the 2nd amendment guarantees the right to carry such a weapon, or not? Does the 2nd amendment guarantee the right for a civilian to walk around with a grenade launcher? Because that is being "armed" as well. How about Napalm throwers? Does the 2nd prohibit those? They are also weapons for defense. How about EMP guns?

When and where will it stop?

Puerile nonsense.

I get an increasing impression that Democrats as a group somehow stop progressing somewhere in middle school. Their arguments are becoming more petulant, shrill and devoid of logic.

I think it is an actual problem in their brains.....they have all other normal functions...but when it comes to understanding the truth, reality, the difference between good and evil and right and wrong....something in their brain can't compute it......that is why they think the way they do.....

Total garbage.

A 5 year old knows the difference between right and wrong. To argue that someone who can post crap on the Internet can't know what they are doing is wrong is a gun nut trying to take the blame away from where it belongs.

images

And yet a 26 year old didn't know the difference between right and wrong so let's not take the blame from the person who did what was wrong.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Wonder why?

Which is why no one should try to ban guns. The only result is that criminals and the government have all the guns and the innocent have to dodge the bullets.

The innocent and law abiding responsible citizens like me can buy guns whatever and whenever I want here in U.S. no one can stop me...BUT from what I'm understanding from gun nuts is arm ALL people. Am I correct?

Wonder why?

The innocent and law abiding responsible citizens like me can buy guns whatever and whenever I want here in U.S. no one can stop me...BUT from what I'm understanding from gun nuts is arm ALL people. Am I correct?

No, there are implied limits which are; 1. the person is not a felon, and 2. the person is not criminally insane.

Should be completely repealed. Pleanty of countries get on just fine and a lot better than us without 2nd amendments.

Except when they march their citizens into death camps.....Europe murdered 12 million people that way.

And of course everyday crime increases...women are raped and people are robbed and stabbed...but that's okay...they have national healthcare..right?

Pleanty of countries allow private ownership of firearms without a 2nd amendment. It's redundant.
Horsepucky.
If not for the 2nd amendment, there would be little, if any, barrier to the implementation of virtually every scheme the anti-gun loons could think of to make it harder for the law-abiding to exercise their right to arms.
The 2nd Amendment is why the law-abiding citizens of Washington DC may exercise their right to own and use a handgun for their own protection.
The 2nd Amendment is why the law-abiding citizens of Illinois are able to exercise their right to carry a concealed handgun.
Natural rights are recognized and secured in State Constitutions. Our Federal Constitution secures Due Process.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back