Should our tax code be based on what "God thinks is fair"?

So since I don't believe in any god should I get to pay no taxes?

Considering God has given us everything we have, yeah, it would be wise to listen to what He thought was fair. Instead, we have politicians and bureaucrats determining what is fair based on how much money we make and how they can outmanuver the system.

God only asks for 10% why should the government get more?

Good point. God has given us everything we have today.

He's given us 9/11, kids being shot at school and Gangam style on the radio 24/7.

And for that he just needs 10% of our money.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." -- Acts 4:32-35

I think that would be a disaster, but then, I'm not a religionist either.

The early Chrisitians lived communially

Which makes then what, exactly?

Commune-ists.

:eusa_whistle:

Those were the Judaic Christians. So when people talk about "Judeo-Christian values" now you know what they mean

Forum List

Back