Should Politicians Be Locked Up When Doing Wrong During The Course of The Job?

What about cops? Same thing.

Why/why not?
Yes. Any public service employee who commits a crime in the course of their duties should be arrested and tried just as any citizen (who doesn't have the money to buy their way out). But, beyond that they should be charged with "Violating the Public Trust" a felony carrying a 3 year sentence or doubling the accompanying sentence whichever is longer.

Sometimes there's not enough evidence to convict of something like bribery but there exists a clear violation of the public trust. For example there may not be sufficient evidence that the mayor was bribed to direct contracts to a known criminal element but his consorting with the element to the point of accepting free trips and sports tickets may be enough to earn a conviction.

I think this type of legal threat will cause people to think twice before even looking at the line.

What about cops? Same thing.

Why/why not?
Sure, I think our governent and our law enforcement should be subject to the same laws we are, more so just as a matter of optics. The only caveat is for law enforcement, who, as a part of their job, may have to use deadly force from time to time.

As far as I'm aware, all shootings are investigated to determine if it was a justified use of force.

Beyond that, yeah, nobody is above the law.

All politicans who break the law or just those we don't agree with? Not all will admit it but we know more than a few on both sides have a different standard for those they don't agree with.

Because you're a racist negro and you hate cops.

You don't give a flying fuck about politicians...
I'm an upstanding, law abiding, tax paying citizen of this country.

I care about everything.

Perhaps you're projecting?

Nobody is above the law. Well except the Clintons, the Bidens, Cuomo and his ilk, Pelosi and her Covid hair salon fiasco, all the Dem's who broke their own Covid rules etc.

Forum List

Back