Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.

Sanctuary cities draw illegals in, anyone involved in the creation of such a designation have blood on their hands.

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
Show me one city in America that isn't a sanctuary city?

Sanctuary city is a term given to a city in the United States or Canada that follows certain practices that protect Illegal immigration. These practices can be by law or they can be by habit. The term generally applies to cities that do not allow municipal funds or resources to be used to enforce federal immigration laws, usually by not allowing police or municipal employees to inquire about an individual's immigration status. The designation has no legal meaning.

Sanctuary cities draw illegals in, anyone involved in the creation of such a designation have blood on their hands.
Mitt Romney has blood on his hands, Bush has blood on his hands, every illegal employer has blood on their hands. My mayor has blood on his hands, you have blood on your hands, I have blood on my hands.

Of course you and I don't have any power and we don't want illegals here so we have a lot less blood on our hands. But if you are a conservative who argued years ago they were doing "jobs Americans won't do", like John McCain said, then you have blood on your hands.

• Banned
No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

Mitt Romney has blood on his hands, Bush has blood on his hands, every illegal employer has blood on their hands. My mayor has blood on his hands, you have blood on your hands, I have blood on my hands.

Of course you and I don't have any power and we don't want illegals here so we have a lot less blood on our hands. But if you are a conservative who argued years ago they were doing "jobs Americans won't do", like John McCain said, then you have blood on your hands.

I was not arguing that at all !! I have always argued that if we got rid of all the illegals, wages would rise in those fields that provide jobs that Americans won't do.

• Banned

I was not arguing that at all !! I have always argued that if we got rid of all the illegals, wages would rise in those fields that provide jobs that Americans won't do.
Yup, they would have to.

I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

The mayor committed no crime.

However- the Sheriff screwed up. And is trying to cover his ass.

The Sheriff probably won't get recalled, but good chance he is out the next election.

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case. But a criminal charge isn't in the cards.

Absolutely- my fair city will likely be paying for the screw up.

Everyone is pointing fingers back and forth right now- personally sounds like the Sheriff screwed up- but if our city policy is the reason he was not returned to ICE when ICE requested, then San Francisco is culpable, and the policy needs to be changed.

I am neither pro or anti- illegal immigrant- they both do jobs that American employers cannot fill otherwise- and they also take jobs (especially construction) that Americans can and will do- and drive down competitive wages. That is the prime reason why Texas housing costs are so low- illegal construction labor is dirt cheap compared to the costs in other parts of the country.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case. But a criminal charge isn't in the cards.

Absolutely- my fair city will likely be paying for the screw up.

Everyone is pointing fingers back and forth right now- personally sounds like the Sheriff screwed up- but if our city policy is the reason he was not returned to ICE when ICE requested, then San Francisco is culpable, and the policy needs to be changed.

Per Ed the policy isn't to offer sanctuary to felons or dangerous criminals. He's called for a review of the policy. They need to figure out how to prevent something like this in the future.

The WHOLE city council should be held accountable. Were I the family, I would be filing a Civil RICO against the whole board.

No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.
It only took two pages for the lunacy to come forward.

You simply can't argue the merits of this thread without going off topic.

No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.
It only took two pages for the lunacy to come forward.

You simply can't argue the merits of this thread without going off topic.
The lunacy stared with the first post in the thread.

I agree and if I were her family I'd sue the shit out of San Francisco.

Sanctuary cities are not obeying the law and should be held accountable.

Sue the pants of em.

Forum List

Back