Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.
It only took two pages for the lunacy to come forward.

You simply can't argue the merits of this thread without going off topic.
The lunacy stared with the first post in the thread.
Right but all the Huckabee released a killer hate threads were a okay. Or Romney teased a fag when he was in school. Or Romney tied a dog to his roof.

Liberal hypocrisy & selective outrage

Sanctuary cities draw illegals in, anyone involved in the creation of such a designation have blood on their hands.
Mitt Romney has blood on his hands, Bush has blood on his hands, every illegal employer has blood on their hands. My mayor has blood on his hands, you have blood on your hands, I have blood on my hands.

Of course you and I don't have any power and we don't want illegals here so we have a lot less blood on our hands. But if you are a conservative who argued years ago they were doing "jobs Americans won't do", like John McCain said, then you have blood on your hands.

It's the governments job to secure our borders...so I agree,it's obamas fault.

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

The mayor committed no crime.

However- the Sheriff screwed up. And is trying to cover his ass.

The Sheriff probably won't get recalled, but good chance he is out the next election.

And how will that stop the next wetback murderer?
At some point someone has to take responsibility.

Kinda hard to blame this on anyone other than the psychopath that committed the crime.

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

The people of San Francisco voted him in and have consistently voted in politicians who support sanctuary city policies, so clearly they are not bothered by this.

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case.

Not against the city they don't. These kinds of cases have been attempted before and they're always thrown out.

Bullshit. Alcohol and firearms are legal....wetbacks aren't.

Really? That's interesting because there are millions of Hispanics in this country, many of whom are American citizens. How are they citizens if they're illegal?

Fortunately for you, bigotry and racism are also not illegal.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case.

Not against the city they don't. These kinds of cases have been attempted before and they're always thrown out.

Not if the city violated its own policy. And per Ed, its not their policy to offer sanctuary to felons or dangerous criminals. If they fucked that up, they are most definitely in danger of a hefty civil lawsuit.

Show me one city in America that isn't a sanctuary city?

Sanctuary city is a term given to a city in the United States or Canada that follows certain practices that protect Illegal immigration. These practices can be by law or they can be by habit. The term generally applies to cities that do not allow municipal funds or resources to be used to enforce federal immigration laws, usually by not allowing police or municipal employees to inquire about an individual's immigration status. The designation has no legal meaning.
If that's the case....then no legal precedent has been established...thus the mayor and all parties associated with this action are culpable....and possibly subject to legal action in either a criminal court or by civil action. In this case the local government has failed to cooperate with ICE officers which have jurisdiction under federal statutes. They may be charged as assessories to murder.

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

The people of San Francisco voted him in and have consistently voted in politicians who support sanctuary city policies, so clearly they are not bothered by this.
And clearly why he was elected is completely irrelevant to him violating federal law

Not only did they release a convicted felon back onto the streets despite the fact that ICE had a flag on Sanchez( 7 convictions in the US and 5 deportations) but they had picked him up for selling pot, decided not to prosecute him THEN release him despite the flag from ICE.

And what really makes this a nightmare is they picked him up for another felony of selling grass while he was on probation in Texas.

How fucked up is this? I say this rates "FUBAR'D".

Because I was under the impression that even a "sanctuary city" was a haven for only illegal aliens NOT freaking illegal aliens with a rap sheet and a history of deportations because the person was a criminal for crying out loud.

Exactly what federal law did he "disregard"? And exactly what do you mean by "disregard"?

I agree and if I were her family I'd sue the shit out of San Francisco.

Sanctuary cities are not obeying the law and should be held accountable.

Sue the pants of em.

This implies that the government has some kind of obligation to prevent every form of misfortune its citizens may encounter. In short, it's very much a typical liberal nanny state mentality.

Forum List

Back