Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
The government has an obligation to secure our borders.

I agree, but you need to take that up with Obama, not a city mayor.

Even then, failure to do that does not make a criminal case against an elected official. It makes a case to vote for someone else at the next election.

The government in general is to blame no doubt,but the mayor is the local government and her policies enabled this to happen.

1. Ed Lee is not a "her".

2. The so-called "Sanctuary City" ordinance in SF was passed 25 years ago, in 1988. Ed Lee - who is by the way a huge tool - had nothing to do with it.

My bad...I was thinking of the fantastic mayor of baltimorgue.

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

So...vote for someone else next election. We get the government we deserve because we get the government we elect. Incompetence or failures of public policy by elected officials is not criminal.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal. Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.
they didn't violate a law for the millionth time. A state can not obstruct the fed from enforcing immigration law but it IS NOT OBLIGATED to enforce the law for the federal government.

Title 8, Section 1373A of the United States Code

(b) Additional authority of government entities Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government entity from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual: (1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service. (2) Maintaining such information. (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local government entity.

The San Fransisco city government prohibited their agencies from following federal law, they violated federal law by doing so.

I remember the good ole days when Romney was blamed for killing someone and the left promoted that idiocy endlessly. I remember the good ole days when Bush was blamed for the Katrina deaths and the left yet again promoted that idocy.

Here we have a death as a direct result of ignoring federal law & a direct request from ICE but since dems are in control it is no big deal.

Even then, failure to do that does not make a criminal case against an elected official. It makes a case to vote for someone else at the next election.

The government in general is to blame no doubt,but the mayor is the local government and her policies enabled this to happen.

2. The so-called "Sanctuary City" ordinance in SF was passed 25 years ago, in 1988. Ed Lee - who is by the way a huge tool - had nothing to do with it.

That is bullshit, Lee said he would not turn over illegals to the feds, even known criminals. Further he violated federal law by not bringing the city into compliance once he came to office and retaining restrictions on city agencies from following the law.

That is bullshit, Lee said he would not turn over illegals to the feds, even known criminals.

1. Link?
2. How does that contradict anything I've posted?

Further he violated federal law by not bringing the city into compliance once he came to office and retaining restrictions on city agencies from following the law.

What "Federal Law" did he violate? Be specific.

I remember the good ole days when Romney was blamed for killing someone and the left promoted that idiocy endlessly. I remember the good ole days when Bush was blamed for the Katrina deaths and the left yet again promoted that idocy.

So why are you repeating the idiocy of the left? For fuck's sake, conservatism is supposed to be better than liberals.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal.

No, "criminal" is when a person violates a penal statute. You need to learn the difference.

Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.

Where is the violation of federal law? Can you identify the statute? Of course you can't. The city has no obligation to partake in federal immigration enforcement. The mayor has no obligation to establish public policy that will aid, compliment, or endorse federal immigration enforcement.

Fake ass CINOs like you constantly claim to be supporters of state's rights and local governance, but you're really just fair-weather bullshitters. You talk a big game about state sovereignty and nullification when it comes to gay marriage and Obamacare. But when a city or state does something you don't like, you're suddenly up in arms about how they were supposed to do what you wanted them to, because OMGFEDERALLAW!

Sanctuary cities are a state and local issue. Such policies are the 100% the right of the cities and states in question, each having no obligation to enforce federal immigration policy. Personally, I think sanctuary cities are bullshit. But it is ultimately an issue for the people of that city to decide. True conservatives will support the right of local and state governments to lawfully rebuff federal immigration policies, even while hating that state/city's position on immigration policy.

Keep talking, I've already posted the law they violated, and depraved indifference is a criminal offense.

That is bullshit, Lee said he would not turn over illegals to the feds, even known criminals.

1. Link?

Further he violated federal law by not bringing the city into compliance once he came to office and retaining restrictions on city agencies from following the law.

See post #62

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
Show me one city in America that isn't a sanctuary city?

Sanctuary city is a term given to a city in the United States or Canada that follows certain practices that protect Illegal immigration. These practices can be by law or they can be by habit. The term generally applies to cities that do not allow municipal funds or resources to be used to enforce federal immigration laws, usually by not allowing police or municipal employees to inquire about an individual's immigration status. The designation has no legal meaning.
If that's the case....then no legal precedent has been established...thus the mayor and all parties associated with this action are culpable.......... They may be charged as assessories to murder.

And once again mudwhistle pulls crap out of his ass.

No- the mayor and everyone else is not culpable- no they cannot be charged as accesories to murder but the City of San Francisco may be held civilly liable.

Ed Lee is just a tool. The entire city is dysfunctional: city counsel, bureaucracy, police department, sheriff's department, school system....

A recall would just be a distraction. The real issue is Obama's insane and damaging policy of open borders and non-enforcement of immigration laws.

Sanctuary cities would still be a seditious problem, but without Obama's open borders, they wouldn't be hosting repeat deportees.

Considering that Ed Lee has already been re-elected and that the majority of San Franciscans have supported Sanctuary City status- a recall not only would be a distraction- it would go nowhere.

Sheriff Mirkarini (sp)- he is more likely to lose his job over this.

As far as everything else in San Francisco- we are in shock about this horrible murder- but the city is functioning just fine.

Lights are on, buses are running, tourists are swarming into the city- biggest problem we have is too many people wanting to live in San Francisco.

1. Link?

See post #62

San Francisco's "Sanctuary City" ordinance does not violate the codes you posted.

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

So...vote for someone else next election. We get the government we deserve because we get the government we elect. Incompetence or failures of public policy by elected officials is not criminal.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal. Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.
they didn't violate a law for the millionth time. A state can not obstruct the fed from enforcing immigration law but it IS NOT OBLIGATED to enforce the law for the federal government.

Title 8, Section 1373A of the United States Code

(b) Additional authority of government entities Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government entity from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual: (1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service. (2) Maintaining such information. (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local government entity.

The San Fransisco city government prohibited their agencies from following federal law, they violated federal law by doing so.

Since ICE had the man in custody- and turned him over to San Francisco- what information did the City of San Francisco prohibit or restrict in this case?

Ed Lee is just a tool. The entire city is dysfunctional: city counsel, bureaucracy, police department, sheriff's department, school system....

A recall would just be a distraction. The real issue is Obama's insane and damaging policy of open borders and non-enforcement of immigration laws.

Sanctuary cities would still be a seditious problem, but without Obama's open borders, they wouldn't be hosting repeat deportees.

Considering that Ed Lee has already been re-elected and that the majority of San Franciscans have supported Sanctuary City status- a recall not only would be a distraction- it would go nowhere.

As far as everything else in San Francisco- we are in shock about this horrible murder- but the city is functioning just fine.

Lights are on, buses are running, tourists are swarming into the city- biggest problem we have is too many people wanting to live in San Francisco.

As someone who frequently does business in and socializes with friends in San Francisco, I find the city to be in general a pit. The numerous homeless people cause it to stink of urine and feces. The city planning is abominable. Traffic is a nightmare. Parking is inadequate. And the tech hipsters are obnoxious. There are still many wonderful things about the city, but I don't see it as functioning just fine.

Here we have a death as a direct result of ignoring federal law & a direct request from ICE but since dems are in control it is no big deal.

Actually I think that the death is a big deal.

As a citizen of San Francisco I think it was the result of a tragic screw up- and maybe of a very flawed policy. Right now everyone is trying to blame everyone else, but from what I have seen I think ultimately it will be that the Sheriff who is in charge of prisoners screwed up- and he should lose his job for it.

If the policy is to blame, then we should change the policy.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal.

No, "criminal" is when a person violates a penal statute. You need to learn the difference.

Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.

Where is the violation of federal law? Can you identify the statute? Of course you can't. The city has no obligation to partake in federal immigration enforcement. The mayor has no obligation to establish public policy that will aid, compliment, or endorse federal immigration enforcement.

Fake ass CINOs like you constantly claim to be supporters of state's rights and local governance, but you're really just fair-weather bullshitters. You talk a big game about state sovereignty and nullification when it comes to gay marriage and Obamacare. But when a city or state does something you don't like, you're suddenly up in arms about how they were supposed to do what you wanted them to, because OMGFEDERALLAW!

Sanctuary cities are a state and local issue. Such policies are the 100% the right of the cities and states in question, each having no obligation to enforce federal immigration policy. Personally, I think sanctuary cities are bullshit. But it is ultimately an issue for the people of that city to decide. True conservatives will support the right of local and state governments to lawfully rebuff federal immigration policies, even while hating that state/city's position on immigration policy.

Keep talking, I've already posted the law they violated, and depraved indifference is a criminal offense.

All you've posted is an administrative statute. And you can't actually demonstrate that the mayor failed to comply with it, or that any failure to comply can be directly attributable to the mayor. All you have going for you is a vague whine fest about how the state and city are not bowing down to the almighty federal government. You are doing exactly what liberals usually do with their "you can't say bomb on a plane" level reasoning for complaining about states exercising their rights in ways that are not in sync with federal government initiatives.

1. Link?

See post #62

San Francisco's "Sanctuary City" ordinance does not violate the codes you posted.

That's a lie, they are consciously prohibiting city agencies from cooperating with federal agencies, that is a violation of the law I posted.

Edge:
Sang Frang ASKED for him. Dope

Kathryn Steinle fatally shot in San Francisco suspect was deported five times ICE - Washington Times

ICE officials said they had the suspect in custody in March after he served a “felony re-entry” charge, but turned him over to San Francisco authorities on an outstanding drug warrant, Fox reported. Mr. Sanchez had been on on probation for an unspecified conviction, according to a police official.

He was not returned to ICE, despite the agency issuing a detainer to take him back into custody once he was released by the city.

“Here’s a jurisdiction that’s not even honoring our detainer for someone who clearly is an egregious offender,” an ICE official told Fox.

Read more: Kathryn Steinle fatally shot in San Francisco suspect was deported five times ICE - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

As someone who frequently does business in and socializes with friends in San Francisco, I find the city to be in general a pit. The numerous homeless people cause it to stink of urine and feces. The city planning is abominable. Traffic is a nightmare. Parking is inadequate. And the tech hipsters are obnoxious. There are still many wonderful things about the city, but I don't see it as functioning just fine.

Well then you haven't seen much of the City.

We do have lots of homeless people- concentrated largely in a few areas. In my neighborhood we have one. I would love to end the homeless problem- but so far no one has come up with a winning solution.

City planning is pretty good- all things considered- I like the building that is going on South of Market and passed the ball park- speaking of which- been to AT&T Park? Fantastic place- we all love it.

Which city the size of San Francisco doesn't have 'traffic'? The reality is other than downtown, or at rush hour, traffic is pretty smooth. I can drive clear across town in 20 minutes.

Parking is inadequate- we have more cars than our city will really support. Build more parking garages? Where? So those of us who live here figure it out- we know where the parking garages are, and don't try to park on the street in China Town or North Beach.

The Tech hipsters are the latest wave of people coming to San Francisco- everyone has thought the newcomers are obnoxious. My only complaint is that they make tons of money and are driving up real estate prices- which most places would consider a good thing, but hard on average folks.

But the City continues to run just fine.

Like I said- our number one problem is we have TOO many people who want to live here.

Because San Francisco is just that cool.

1. Link?

See post #62

Have you got a reading comprehension problem?

no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict

Forum List

Back