Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Title 8, Section 1373A of the United States Code

(b) Additional authority of government entities Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government entity from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual: (1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service. (2) Maintaining such information. (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local government entity.

The San Fransisco city government prohibited their agencies from following federal law, they violated federal law by doing so.

Since ICE had the man in custody- and turned him over to San Francisco- what information did the City of San Francisco prohibit or restrict in this case?

ICE turned him over because of an outstanding felony warrant, the city was obligated to inform ICE they were not going to pursue charges, the sheriff plainly stated that notifying the feds he was being released would be a violation of policy, a illegal policy, as I have posted.

Why on earth would ICE turn him over for a 20 year old pot violation in San Francisco. Any thinking person would know that the city would just let him go.

The city had a valid warrant, if the city wasn't going to prosecute him why didn't they revoke the warrant?

I haven't seen that the city was actively seeking him under that warrant.

And that changes things, HOW?

Since ICE had the man in custody- and turned him over to San Francisco- what information did the City of San Francisco prohibit or restrict in this case?

ICE turned him over because of an outstanding felony warrant, the city was obligated to inform ICE they were not going to pursue charges, the sheriff plainly stated that notifying the feds he was being released would be a violation of policy, a illegal policy, as I have posted.

Why on earth would ICE turn him over for a 20 year old pot violation in San Francisco. Any thinking person would know that the city would just let him go.

The city had a valid warrant, if the city wasn't going to prosecute him why didn't they revoke the warrant?

Doesn't it bother you at all that the Feds sent a serial deported criminal to San Francisco instead of just deporting him in the first place?

Actually I've already demonstrated the mayor blatantly violated the law by his words and deeds, he said he wouldn't turn illegals over to the feds, even known criminals and his policies prohibit city employees from doing so.

So....don't vote for him. He's not committed any crime. He's done nothing which is an offense under law. Even if it were true that he can be attributed with the failure to comply with an administrative statute about sharing information (something you still can't demonstrate, you merely repeat the vague point that he won't turn over illegals to federal agencies), it's still not a crime. Don't like his policies, vote for someone else.

But wait...oh yeah, that's right! You don't live in San Fransisco. And yet, you want to control San Fransisco. You just hate the fact that the state and local government have the right to adopt policies that you don't like. Just another big government liberal....

Denial if the face of obvious facts, are you insane or senile?

Your ignorance does not constitute the presence of imagined things.

The law you cite says "with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual'

Doesn't say anything about information regarding non-immigration criminal charges.

That said- I still believe Mirikini probably screwed up- and should have notified ICE- but he didn't violate the law.

Fuck dimocraps. I hate them all

Of course you do- you live your life to hate.

they didn't violate a law for the millionth time. A state can not obstruct the fed from enforcing immigration law but it IS NOT OBLIGATED to enforce the law for the federal government.

(b) Additional authority of government entities Notwithstanding any other provision of Federal, State, or local law, no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict, a Federal, State, or local government entity from doing any of the following with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual: (1) Sending such information to, or requesting or receiving such information from, the Immigration and Naturalization Service. (2) Maintaining such information. (3) Exchanging such information with any other Federal, State, or local government entity.

The San Fransisco city government prohibited their agencies from following federal law, they violated federal law by doing so.

The law you cite says "with respect to information regarding the immigration status, lawful or unlawful, of any individual'

Doesn't say anything about information regarding non-immigration criminal charges.

That said- I still believe Mirikini probably screwed up- and should have notified ICE- but he didn't violate the law.

We'll see if those arguments hold in a wrongful death suit. I don't think they will.

That has nothing to do with violating the law you claimed was violated- I think that the family has a very good case for a wrongful death suit.

Doesn't it bother you at all that the Feds sent a serial deported criminal to San Francisco instead of just deporting him in the first place?

The Feds honored a warrant.

A moot one which anyone with at least one functioning synapse would recognize. San Francisco doesn't enforce warrants issued 20 years ago for possession of marijuana.

The feds have an obligation to honor State warrants, why are trying to deflect from San Fransisco's culpability in this?

A moot one which anyone with at least one functioning synapse would recognize. San Francisco doesn't enforce warrants issued 20 years ago for possession of marijuana.

Then on what basis did San Francisco hold him for 3 weeks? And if San Francisco doesn't enforce warrants....why was it outstanding?

The warrant was for sales not possession, but I just found out ICE did'n turn him over to SF, the federal bureau of prisons did.

After serving 46 months at a lockup in Victorville (San Bernardino County) for felony re-entry into the country, Lopez-Sanchez was sent to San Francisco in March by the federal Bureau of Prisons rather than being transferred into U.S. immigration custody.

S.F. drug warrant helped accused killer stay in U.S. - SFGate

Oh so you only want to put all of the illegals in San Francisco on boats

Calm your ass down, and go back and read. We were discussing the problem of rampant homelessness in San Fransisco. My response was about the homeless problem in San Fransisco. Logic, context....apply them.

Bullshit, they mayor and city counsel made a conscious decision to release criminals back into their city when there was an alternative, that is depraved indifference and as such all of them should be charged with depraved indifference murder. Your BS comparisons don't rise to that level.

So...vote for someone else next election. We get the government we deserve because we get the government we elect. Incompetence or failures of public policy by elected officials is not criminal.

Actually when they violate the law and someone dies as a result of their actions it is criminal. Violating federal law is not part of their official responsibilities and they are culpable.
they didn't violate a law for the millionth time. A state can not obstruct the fed from enforcing immigration law but it IS NOT OBLIGATED to enforce the law for the federal government.

No, they did not violate that law.

1. Ed Lee is not a "her".

2. The so-called "Sanctuary City" ordinance in SF was passed 25 years ago, in 1988. Ed Lee - who is by the way a huge tool - had nothing to do with it.

That is bullshit, Lee said he would not turn over illegals to the feds, even known criminals.

1. Link?
2. How does that contradict anything I've posted?

Further he violated federal law by not bringing the city into compliance once he came to office and retaining restrictions on city agencies from following the law.

What "Federal Law" did he violate? Be specific.

See post #62

San Francisco's "Sanctuary City" ordinance does not violate the codes you posted.

Have you got a reading comprehension problem?

no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict

Here is SF's "City of Refuge" ordinance:

City and County of San Francisco San Francisco Administrative Code Chapter 12H Immigration Status

What part of that "prohibits" or "restricts"?

GOP Field (Except Trump) Giving A Pass To All Four Dem Candidates On Sanctuary Cities Support

AmericanThinker ^
July 6, 2015 GOP Field (Except Trump) Giving A Pass To All Four Dem Candidates On Sanctuary Cities Support By Thomas Lifson A huge campaign issue for the GOP is being ignored, raising the specter of another presidential race in which the Republican nominee fails to press the Democrat’s weaknesses. A gentlemanly campaign always loses to the bare knuckles of the left in today’s media environment, where tongues cluck only over GOP excesses. Karthryn Steinle, the beautiful young woman who died in her father’s arms, gunned down by an illegal immigrant from Mexico, is a martyr for which the sanctuary... I presume to be FAIR and EQUAL other cities SHOULD BE ALLOWED to do the above!....Right all you liberals?

Does that mean a city can make a law protecting unborn babies?... Perhaps make a law that no gun permit is needed, or forbid gays from marrying because as some SCOTUS judges said, was unconstitutional to give them the right to?

DHS dodges 'sanctuary city' question after illegal immigrant kills Calif. woman

The Washington Examiner ^
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson declined to say Monday whether cities offering "sanctuary" to dangerous illegal immigrants are posing a safety threat in the United States, just days after a criminal alien who was given sanctuary in San Francisco shot and killed a California woman. Johnson was asked if the death of Kathryn Steinle last Thursday proved that sanctuary cities were part of the problem when it comes to removing dangerous immigrants. But Johnson didn't answer directly, and instead said generally that the federal government is slowly starting to work more effectively with state and local governments on deportation matters....

When will common sense enter into situations like this.
Everybody is saying we did the right thing...
Not our fault....
Now politicians are stepping up and saying we need more laws to deal with this.
More bureaucracy....

And a woman is dead....
And we hear that securing the border is racist...

What the fuck is going on here?

The warrant was for sales not possession, but I just found out ICE did'n turn him over to SF, the federal bureau of prisons did.

After serving 46 months at a lockup in Victorville (San Bernardino County) for felony re-entry into the country, Lopez-Sanchez was sent to San Francisco in March by the federal Bureau of Prisons rather than being transferred into U.S. immigration custody.

S.F. drug warrant helped accused killer stay in U.S. - SFGate

Which makes it even worse. The Feds had him and shouldn't have given him to SF.

When will common sense enter into situations like this.
Everybody is saying we did the right thing...
Not our fault....
Now politicians are stepping up and saying we need more laws to deal with this.
More bureaucracy....

And a woman is dead....
And we hear that securing the border is racist...

What the fuck is going on here?

Peak Progressivism is what's "Going On".

We are seeing the reductio ad absurdum of Progressive Multicultural Relativism-Statism in the Obama Era.

Forum List

Back