Should San Francisco mayor Ed Lee be arrested or at the very least recalled?

Should the mayor be held accountable?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Have you got a reading comprehension problem?

no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict

Here is SF's "City of Refuge" ordinance:

City and County of San Francisco San Francisco Administrative Code Chapter 12H Immigration Status

What part of that "prohibits" or "restricts"?

How about you ask the freaking sheriff you said it would have been a violation of policy to notify ICE?
What is your cities policy when your cops pull over an undocumented Mexican?
A moot one which anyone with at least one functioning synapse would recognize. San Francisco doesn't enforce warrants issued 20 years ago for possession of marijuana.

The warrant was for sales not possession, but I just found out ICE did'n turn him over to SF, the federal bureau of prisons did.

After serving 46 months at a lockup in Victorville (San Bernardino County) for felony re-entry into the country, Lopez-Sanchez was sent to San Francisco in March by the federal Bureau of Prisons rather than being transferred into U.S. immigration custody.

S.F. drug warrant helped accused killer stay in U.S. - SFGate

Which makes it even worse. The Feds had him and shouldn't have given him to SF.

Remind me again who's releasing 30,000 of these folks back on our streets per year. There's your answer.
Remind me who's hiring these people? There's the real criminals

You're right, why aren't you demanding they be prosecuted?
I do all the time. Everytime right-wingers bring up illegal immigrants I bring up illegal employers who are really the problem. If all I had to do was swim to Canada to make $500,000 a year I would. America has two signs on its border a small one that says stay out in a big one that says help wanted.

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
every leftist that is mayor of one of those cities should be held accountable and charged as an accessory in every crime an illegal commits

but they can't be held responsible b/c they lack the morals to do so.

If obama actually gave a single fuck about America, he would force this shit to end

but hey, if he only had a son....
Actually it was under Reagan when Mexicans stopped only coming here for seasonal migrants work that Mexicans would only do. He's writing up the regulations so he could undermine the American middle class by flooding the market with cheap labor. Bush didn't do anything about it and remember McCain said jobs Americans wouldn't do? How soon you right wingers forget
you're a blithering idiot who is pulling quotes out of his ass and accusing others of forgetting, from the fucking 80's

listen you evil little fuck, we know you don't care as long as they are killing white people, but us humans do care.

your policies lead to rape and murder

own it and go to hell

City and County of San Francisco San Francisco Administrative Code Chapter 12H Immigration Status

How about you ask the freaking sheriff you said it would have been a violation of policy to notify ICE?
The warrant was for sales not possession, but I just found out ICE did'n turn him over to SF, the federal bureau of prisons did.

After serving 46 months at a lockup in Victorville (San Bernardino County) for felony re-entry into the country, Lopez-Sanchez was sent to San Francisco in March by the federal Bureau of Prisons rather than being transferred into U.S. immigration custody.

S.F. drug warrant helped accused killer stay in U.S. - SFGate

Remind me again who's releasing 30,000 of these folks back on our streets per year. There's your answer.

I do all the time. Everytime right-wingers bring up illegal immigrants I bring up illegal employers who are really the problem. If all I had to do was swim to Canada to make $500,000 a year I would. America has two signs on its border a small one that says stay out in a big one that says help wanted.

When's the last time you did something constructive on the subject like contacting your congresscritters, both State and fed.

When's the last time you did something constructive on the subject like contacting your congresscritters, both State and fed.
Whens the last time I called them about any issue? 4 years ago? I'm over it. When only 30-50% of the citizens even bother to vote the system stays corrupt.

You remind me of my aunt. When my mom got cancer she didn't go get tested but when she got it she wanted the whole family to get tested.

I'm busy. This isn't ruining my life, I just know its not right. But I can also see both sides of the argument.

I have cop buddies. I know the reality of the situation. I wish they'd start profiling people who can't speak good English.

Whens the last time I called them about any issue? 4 years ago? I'm over it. When only 30-50% of the citizens even bother to vote the system stays corrupt.

You remind me of my aunt. When my mom got cancer she didn't go get tested but when she got it she wanted the whole family to get tested.

I'm busy. This isn't ruining my life, I just know its not right. But I can also see both sides of the argument.

I have cop buddies. I know the reality of the situation. I wish they'd start profiling people who can't speak good English.

Agreed, but I contact all my reps at minimum twice a month, sometimes more.

That is bullshit, Lee said he would not turn over illegals to the feds, even known criminals.

1. Link?
2. How does that contradict anything I've posted?

Further he violated federal law by not bringing the city into compliance once he came to office and retaining restrictions on city agencies from following the law.

What "Federal Law" did he violate? Be specific.

See post #62

San Francisco's "Sanctuary City" ordinance does not violate the codes you posted.

Have you got a reading comprehension problem?

no person or agency may prohibit, or in any way restrict

Why does everyone ignore the facts?

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I disagree

The mayor chose to violate federal law therefore he should be held criminally negligent for the consequences of breaking that law

A gun dealer engaging in the legal sales of guns has broken no law.

I'd like to see the federal government pull all of it's law enforcement out of SF if Sf doesn't want to cooperate with federal law enforcement then why on earth should the FBI, US Marshals, Homeland Security or any other federal agency operate in SF?

No. Blaming the mayor for this murder is no different than blaming a gun manufacturer for someone getting shot or a brewery for a DUI.
I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

The mayor committed no crime.

However- the Sheriff screwed up. And is trying to cover his ass.

The Sheriff probably won't get recalled, but good chance he is out the next election.

He defied federal law therefore he did commit a crime

He is STILL defending the sanctuary city policy that led to the death of Miss Steinle.
No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.

But you forget people have a LEGAL right to have guns whereas this piece of shit murderer had no legal right to be in this country and the idiot mayor was in violation of federal law so therefore he was also committing a crime.

The family of the young woman has a superb grounds for a civil case. But a criminal charge isn't in the cards.

I agree and if I were her family I'd sue the shit out of San Francisco.

Sanctuary cities are not obeying the law and should be held accountable.

Sue the pants of em.

Exactly

ALL federal funding should be pulled and all federal law enforcement should not be allowed to operate in "sanctuary " cities

I agree and if I were her family I'd sue the shit out of San Francisco.

Sanctuary cities are not obeying the law and should be held accountable.

Sue the pants of em.

This implies that the government has some kind of obligation to prevent every form of misfortune its citizens may encounter. In short, it's very much a typical liberal nanny state mentality.

The government of SF had a legal obligation to cooperate with ICE

The 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act requires local governments to cooperate with the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement

Read more at: Defying Law National Review Online

The politicians of SF violated federal law therefore were committing a crime when they released this piece of shit into the public.
Since it was a crime to release him the city and its officials are culpable in the murder.

It's no different than if someone was a get away driver for a robbery and his accomplice killed someone.

It's called felony murder

I blame the mayor for the crime he continues to commit by disregarding federal law. The murder of an American citizen was the direct result of the crime the mayor committed. The two crimes are NOT separable

Exactly what federal law did he "disregard"? And exactly what do you mean by "disregard"?
The 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act requires local governments to cooperate with the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement

THAT law

No, instead I think every member of the NRA should be arrested and have their 2nd amendment rights suspended. This wouldn't have happened if we weren't awash in guns.

But you forget people have a LEGAL right to have guns whereas this piece of shit murderer had no legal right to be in this country and the idiot mayor was in violation of federal law so therefore he was also committing a crime.
The person that carelessly left the gun unsecured to the point it was stolen is much more culpable.

The person that carelessly left the gun unsecured to the point it was stolen is much more culpable.

So add him to the list.

For all we know the piece of shit felon bought the gun from another piece of shit criminal

Exactly what federal law did he "disregard"? And exactly what do you mean by "disregard"?

THAT law
The article is incorrect. That particular law gives local agencies the ability to enforce federal immigration law if properly trained. It does not compel them to do so.

THAT law
The article is incorrect. That particular law gives local agencies the ability to enforce federal immigration law if properly trained. It does not compel them to do so.

So they were improperly trained to make a fucking phone call?

You conveniently forget that this piece of shit was ALREADY IN PRISON in SF so obviously SF law enforcement had the "proper training" to make a phone call and wait for ICE to pick up said piece of shit felon and get his ass out of the country

Forum List

Back